Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Lighting challenge.

Lighting challenge.

General Discussion about the contests and this website. Here is the place where you can also suggest topics for the upcoming image contests.

Moderator: Boris

Lighting challenge.

Postby onyx » Wednesday 7. July 2004, 18:09

What do you think about making a small challenge?
There was a "Character Lighting Mini-Competition" on polish Forum3D some time ago:

http://www.forum3d.kom-net.pl/f3dbb/ind ... 59696&pg=1 - WIP thread

http://www.forum3d.kom-net.pl/f3dbb/ind ... nread_post - final entries

No textures (shaders allowed), only setting up lights and rendering - rendering time is important too.
Maybe we could use my Robotica droid for it (or somethig better). Time - about two weaks.
So, what do you think, guys?
Attachments
robotica.jpg
robotica.jpg (49.23 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
onyx

Postby onyx » Thursday 8. July 2004, 16:36

That's what I call feedback.... :roll:
No comments....

:suicide:
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby Robert » Thursday 8. July 2004, 17:16

Hi Marcin,
it's a good idea with your challenge.
You must wait a little bit longer our members are "very busy" :wink:

PS: Your homepage are very cool. Is drawing your hobby or do you going to an artschool ? I'm drawing, too.

Bye
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Thursday 8. July 2004, 22:07, edited 2 times in total.
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby onyx » Thursday 8. July 2004, 17:32

Thanks Robert. :)

My website is still in progress. But will be ready soon.
I draw for pleasure and that would be great if I could get a job as concept artist. But I know I still have to learn much... ;)
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby Robert » Thursday 8. July 2004, 17:50

That was my dream too but working under pressure like an concept artist i think it's make no fun!

But now back to your challenge!!
More comments, please :work:
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby TheRookie » Thursday 8. July 2004, 19:02

I completely agree, this would be an excellent challenge. I believe there are three inseparable elements in a great image Modelling, Texturing and Lighting and if any one of them is off then the image will fail. I think one of the biggest failings in RS users images is often in the lighting. People too often use lighting setup's that are just too simple some tutorials, practice and tips will do a world of good.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby Karl » Friday 9. July 2004, 06:11

Since I'm currently experimenting with shaders, it might be cool for me to try to "shade" something else than simple spheres for a change. Currently rendering a 1500 frame test of the realsoft girl dressed in "weird stuff", but... :D If this is the model to shade, then count me in.

Shaders can do enything, except use the texture object? Can they define noisy colors, procedural grids, etc? Or are we talking strick illumination shading?

Edit: One thing though, where can I download your model (just realized this one is another one :D)
Karl

Postby Timo » Friday 9. July 2004, 08:48

This sounds like a grand idea and the robotica droid looks like a perfect model for it aswell; all it needs is an environment (I think).
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby colintheys » Monday 12. July 2004, 04:52

I totally agree. This would be a great idea. I'm currently teaching a class with Realsoft and have been trying to put together little pre-built scenes for my students to work with to learn. Right now I'm teaching modeling, so I removed my objects from this scene: Image and let them model objects for it.

If someone has the energy to throw into it, I think that a nice, unshaded model (and that robot's a great one) in a decently complete enviornment with a pre-defined camera could be a great learning tool. Everyone could post their image and explain how they shaded and lit it. Could expose some really great technique.

Lighting tends to make the difference between a good image and a great image. I am always shocked to see how simple the models used for films are. The magic comes with the shading and lgithing.
colintheys

Return to General Discussion