Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - New Design

New Design

General Discussion about the contests and this website. Here is the place where you can also suggest topics for the upcoming image contests.

Moderator: Boris

New Design

Postby Boris » Monday 19. July 2004, 18:42

A big thanks goes to Marcin Bielenin aka Onyx who has done the new design of the contest site. Also a big thanks to Tim Borgmann who allowed me to use one of his great abstract pictures as contest banner.
I think Marcin's new design looks very nice.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby __yra » Tuesday 20. July 2004, 00:05

general impression - site become seems better :)
__yra

Postby MSchmeling » Tuesday 20. July 2004, 06:19

I have a problem with the white topic text on the light blue background: it is hardly readable! Same for the user name in the 'Last Post' column.
MSchmeling

Postby Boris » Tuesday 20. July 2004, 08:35

Thanks for the feedback .. Yuriy and Michael.
I have changed the colours. I hope it's now better to read.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby jounihat » Tuesday 20. July 2004, 08:48

The "Realsoft 3D Image Contest" text in the upper left corner could have a better font or something. It's a bit dull now. Quite cool design anyway (though I liked the previous design much too).
Jouni Hätinen

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end, and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry
jounihat

Postby Karl » Tuesday 20. July 2004, 09:30

I must admit, I really love the new look. Not only does it look better, but some of the functions has improved also; maybe as a result of new colors. Previously I could not see (by color) which threads I had already read, now I can... Excellent stuff.

I am a fan of traditional "boring" designs with no Javastuff, as they are usually easier to read without lot of useless fancy stuff cluttering the screen.

The one bad thing I notice is that I still cannot change the fontsize in this forum. At home I use Opera, which can actually zooms the whole screen (including pics), but in IE you are forced to change resolution on some forum sites to be able to read it. Not too considerate for any disabled people in other words (not that I am one of them, not in that respect anyway :D). This forum is not amongst the worst though, and is still pretty readable.

Nice work! Thanks.

Karl
Karl

Postby Timo » Tuesday 20. July 2004, 09:34

This might be nitpicking, put the date text below the banner isn't centered vertically on FF0.8 (Linux):
Attachments
date.png
date.png (433 Bytes) Viewed 3198 times
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby Boris » Tuesday 20. July 2004, 10:40

Thanks again for all the good feedback.
@jounihat
I've changed the text a bit now.

@ Karl:
I have tried zooming with Mozilla and this works. I'll try later with IE though I won't have an idea how to cure this ;)

@Timo:
fixed
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby TheRookie » Tuesday 20. July 2004, 20:38

Very nice work, on the new website design its always nice to change the appearence of the shop from time to time :)

Can the Realsoft Link on the front be centered and also it would be nice to see a link or a mention for David Ingebretsen on there too who has been a long standing supporter of the Image Contest.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Return to General Discussion