Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Voting is NOT stopped, now possible and discuss.

Voting is NOT stopped, now possible and discuss.

General Discussion about the contests and this website. Here is the place where you can also suggest topics for the upcoming image contests.

Moderator: Boris

Voting is NOT stopped, now possible and discuss.

Postby __yra » Thursday 8. January 2004, 19:07

I think that rules of the voting follows to change.
It is Necessary to forbid to vote the author of the work.
Each registered user necessary to offer to place all authors of the work on rating.
:owl:
__yra

Postby Admin » Thursday 8. January 2004, 19:47

I changed the title of this thread because it was a bit misunderstandable

the Voting is NOT stopped ... Nearly got a heart attacke ... thought here is a new Admin :ko:

I'm not sure what you mean but I think that you mean that only registered users are allowed to submit work and are not allowed to vote for there own work. if yes ... please tell me
Admin
Site Admin

Postby __yra » Thursday 8. January 2004, 20:01

"..are not allowed to vote for there own work.." - exactly so
:D
__yra

Postby __yra » Thursday 8. January 2004, 20:10

"the Voting is NOT stopped ... " - where about this is written?
:mrgreen:
__yra

Postby Boris » Thursday 8. January 2004, 20:24

sorry for changing the title of your thread but that was 50 minutes before voting ended heavy alarming .... at least for me. I can change it now back if you want.
I think it is technical possible to realize your wish (though not sure and not tested yet). I also understand your wish but on the other hand I think that all this voting is sort of tactical and why not give the author of the work the chance to vote ... she/he is the main part in this contest anyway.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby __yra » Thursday 8. January 2004, 20:35

"sorry for changing the title of your thread ..." - I not at all distressed.
I hope that many could voice the useful thoughts on given to subject.
:D
__yra

Postby Guest » Friday 9. January 2004, 12:42

I think I would agree with this suggestion, I always try to give myself an honest vote, but its mightily tempting to give yourself big marks :)

Especially if contests are going to turn out to be very close, these fractions of a point can easily decide the order of the final results. The current voting mechanism is excellent though, it appears fair and involves everybody. I think this could just make it that tiny bit better.

Frank "The Rookie" Dodd (At Work with no password :raisedeyebrow: )

Postby Guest » Friday 9. January 2004, 12:48

If its hard to do this in the code you could just make the rule that entrants should always give their own entries top marks :)

Rooks again.

Return to General Discussion