Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Login status

Login status

General Discussion about the contests and this website. Here is the place where you can also suggest topics for the upcoming image contests.

Moderator: Boris

Login status

Postby Timo » Wednesday 11. January 2006, 19:35

I'm still posting anon posts once in a while when I don't notice my login has expired.
Would it be possible to give the forum user a clear visual feedback on the login status, f.e by giving the page header a different color ?
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

RE: Login status

Postby onyx » Thursday 12. January 2006, 04:44

In my opinion only logged-in users could be able to post.
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby fre_ber » Thursday 12. January 2006, 17:21

I agree with Onyx. I don't think that this is too much to ask, and I have had no problems with the cookie that automatically logs me in every time I visit.
(Edit: Since the upgrade that fixed this particular problem, that is. I do have faint memories of this being a big problem in the past)
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby Boris » Friday 13. January 2006, 18:12

@Timo
follow the link "MY Account" and "Select Theme". There is now a theme "contest_onyx_logged_in" which you can choose. The welcome message will be red and a bigger font. I hope this is enough for visual feedback for being logged in.

@onyx and freber

as long as the spam doesn't overwhelm this place I think I will leave it open as it is ... to give fly-by visitors the chance to ask a quick question or give a quick answer.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby fre_ber » Friday 13. January 2006, 18:38

Rofl, can we all get personalized themes? ;)
fre_ber

Postby Boris » Friday 13. January 2006, 18:47

you have ... your welcome will be "Welcome fre_ber" I hope ;)

theme "contest_onyx" because Onyx has it done. If you'll make a new theme you'll get "contest_fre_ber" ... promised :angel:
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby fre_ber » Wednesday 30. August 2006, 16:06

I fear that the time has come. This is it, the limit has been reached and exceeded. The amount of spam in the forums has grown from a mere annoyance to a level that is discouraging me to even visit the forums.

I strongly recommend that the privilege to post as guest is revoked immediately.

Members that can't be bothered to log in before posting can just allow cookies from this site and check the "remember me" option.

I am sorry if this is upsetting, but I feel that the randomised spam is a lot more upsetting than the requirement to log in.
fre_ber

Postby Boris » Wednesday 30. August 2006, 16:17

yes .... you are right!
I'll set now all forums for only members posting. I'm very sorry about this :cry:

<<EDIT>>
ok .... all forums are set for posting and replying for members only. Spammer's email accounts will be banned and there accounts here will be deleted without warning .
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby zaug » Wednesday 30. August 2006, 17:30

Right on Boris, it is time for this, I think.
zaug

Postby onyx » Wednesday 30. August 2006, 19:18

At last! :D
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby Karl » Thursday 31. August 2006, 06:28

Good move :)
Karl

Postby Beg-inner » Friday 1. September 2006, 01:05

Good to finally to surf somewhere that is spamfree.. !

The net really has some nasty downsides.. and spam is one of them..=(..

Thx Fredrik for point this out and thx Boris for fixing it..!
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Return to General Discussion