Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Image contest first three images winners opinions

Image contest first three images winners opinions

General Discussion about the contests and this website. Here is the place where you can also suggest topics for the upcoming image contests.

Moderator: Boris

Image contest first three images winners opinions

Postby Carlo » Sunday 12. February 2006, 22:10

Hi all,

Maybe i'm not the proper person to post comments as i'm one of the sponsor, but since the contest end, and thus i cannot interfere the final voting, there is:

<b>Boris Jahn
"Zoe"</b>

- Antialiasing is quite poor, this is a smooth image and edge cracks quickly jump to the eyes :-)

- Over-exposition, too much white flat reflections.

- Viewing angle is too small resulting in a lost of depth of the whole image.

But... Skin are superb, incredibly realistic as well as the hairs.

Very well done Boris!

<b>
2nd Yuriy Sherbina aka __yra
"Temple of chess"</b>

- A little lights abuse, we can see they'r reflections everywhere ;-)

- Camera viewing angle is too 'fishing' giving a distorted persective.

- The image is too much darker where details should bounce back to the eyes more naturally.

But... Very well shading, also we see a good antialiasing here ;-)

Good work Yuriy!

<b>
David Kara
"Can't stop Star Wars!!"</b>

- Too much noise on the whole image.

- Lights saber's glow are too strong, losting most of the image depth.

- A little depth of field abuse ;-)

But... In my opinion this image had to win the contest, the idea is very original and i like too much the paper sketch on the bottom of the two main characters :-)

I like it very much David, well done!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously this are all personal considerations so don't blame on me :-)

I'm not a guru in this field, but i think that expressing personal opinions (and critiques) could help authors to make better and better :-)

A compliment to the authors of the other images of the contest, i think that globally all made a very good work :-)

Hope to see more and more in the near future!

Regards,

Carlo Lanzotti
Carlo

Return to General Discussion