Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Question about "Sweep" Tool ;-)

Question about "Sweep" Tool ;-)

General Discussion about the contests and this website. Here is the place where you can also suggest topics for the upcoming image contests.

Moderator: Boris

Question about "Sweep" Tool ;-)

Postby Frankolino » Monday 13. February 2006, 13:20

Hi all, dear RS friends, I have tried to make some "sweep" nurbs exercises. I started with a circle (cross) and a nurbsspline (rail). After I have edited both I have done the sweep button. It does function ;-) The sweep tool makes a new mesh, I call it: Tubeway. Very well. But: I cannot change the rail and the cross section after that, to change the shape of the whole mesh (tubeway). First I could do that, after changing the shape of the rail to make round the tubeway it was impossible to change the railspline structure again in edit modus. The whole mesh (tubeway) stay in a position I cannot change any more. Why? :-))
Three pictures I am sending here with the problem. Perhaps somebody can help or I have done something wrong with the sweep tool. Bye, best regards, Frankolino :-)
Attachments
Nurbsrohr-tubeway-gesamt-nurbsnetz1a.jpg
Nurbsrohr-tubeway-gesamt-nurbsnetz1a.jpg (77.76 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
Nurbs-Rohr+Rail-innen.jpg
Nurbs-Rohr+Rail-innen.jpg (65.21 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
Nurbsrohr-rail-change2-kleiner.jpg
Nurbsrohr-rail-change2-kleiner.jpg (71.3 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
Frankolino

RE: Question about "Sweep" Tool ;-)

Postby Timo » Monday 13. February 2006, 18:40

I think it's because you've dropped the curves to levels.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

RE: Question about "Sweep" Tool ;-)

Postby Guest » Tuesday 14. February 2006, 11:07

Dear Timo, I made another example with the nurbs sweep tool. It runs ;-) Don't know why? I think if you have changed once the new nurbs mesh of both nurbs splines into a new one, you can change the splines without any problems. After I haved saved the exercise, it was impossible to change the nurbssplines... O.K. Perhaps it's a normal way of creating with the sweep tool. I tried it the first time and I am wondering why the nurbs sweep creating either you can manipulate it or you cannot change the position of the nurbscurves. Strange handling ;-), thank you dear Timo for the short help ! :-), bye, Frankolino

Return to General Discussion