Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - 10 years Realsoft 3D image contest

10 years Realsoft 3D image contest

General Discussion about the contests and this website. Here is the place where you can also suggest topics for the upcoming image contests.

Moderator: Boris

10 years Realsoft 3D image contest

Postby Boris » Wednesday 17. May 2006, 18:39

In November 1996 started the first Realsoft 3D Image Contest administered by Andy Makely with the topic "Toys". In September 1999 Miles Finlay took over the Administration of the contest and from May 2003 on I did the administration. Nearly 400 images were submitted for the different topic contests. A big thanks for this. It shows that it is worth running the contest.

The contest oct-dec 2006 will be the 10 years anniversary contest. We'll need an übercool topic for this contest. It would be nice if you post your topic ideas. All topics posted here till 15th sept 2006 will be taken for the topic voting.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Guest » Wednesday 17. May 2006, 20:51

what about tropical underwater world? greets, bobbi

Postby Quan » Wednesday 17. May 2006, 21:02

Congratulations! I like this forum (and of cause its members ;)!

Okay... an übercool topic:
3dDarts Birthday-Party!
Quan

congrats

Postby rendermouse » Thursday 18. May 2006, 03:16

I'm so glad that this contest has been going so long! People are still so passionate about this software, and it certainly shows in the contest and in the forums and mailing list as well.

Happy rendering!

--
andy makely
rendermouse

Postby Timo » Thursday 18. May 2006, 10:21

I'd go with '10 years'.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

congrats

Postby Boris » Thursday 18. May 2006, 11:19

rendermouse wrote:I'm so glad that this contest has been going so long! People are still so passionate about this software, and it certainly shows in the contest and in the forums and mailing list as well.

Happy rendering!

--
andy makely

Many thanks for looking in, Andy :)
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby __yra » Thursday 18. May 2006, 16:13

Can be it is time do competition of animations? :D
__yra

Postby Quan » Thursday 18. May 2006, 19:09

what about Video-Compositing whith Icarus?
Quan

Postby Guest » Thursday 18. May 2006, 21:26

__yra wrote:Can be it is time do competition of animations? :D

I think it is time to do so ;-)

Maybe there will be a 'Realsoft3D Animation Contest'

We will have fun, i'm sure :-)

Postby jounihat » Friday 19. May 2006, 07:06

Congratulations 3Ddart and all of you! Without competitors there wouldn't be competitions either!

A simple topic, like "10", would surely give us a variety of imaginative entries. 10 could mean anything, like a grade, an anniversary, a pack of eggs, 2 in binary form etc. Anyway, I'd very much like a topic that's not very strict with its subject.
Jouni Hätinen

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end, and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry
jounihat

Postby __yra » Friday 19. May 2006, 10:06

jounihat wrote:Congratulations 3Ddart and all of you! Without competitors there wouldn't be competitions either!

A simple topic, like "10", would surely give us a variety of imaginative entries. 10 could mean anything, like a grade, an anniversary, a pack of eggs, 2 in binary form etc. Anyway, I'd very much like a topic that's not very strict with its subject.

Very interesting idea.
__yra

Postby Guest » Friday 19. May 2006, 23:39

__yra wrote:
jounihat wrote:Congratulations 3Ddart and all of you! Without competitors there wouldn't be competitions either!

Very interesting idea.

I second that. "10" sounds like everyone could think of something that they could design and render, and we've all got a long time to think of something.
My vote is for "10"
(Yeah, I know, it's a guest account...!)
Miles Finlay

Postby Boris » Tuesday 23. May 2006, 08:24

Many thanks for the input and a special welcome also to Miles. :)
All ideas will go into the voting ... also Animation.
My topic idea is:
"Toys - 10 years later"

btw ... if there is enough interest, we could make an animation challenge again like the "Animate a Nail" here or "Mannequin in Motion" here challenge
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Boris » Sunday 17. September 2006, 09:12

tomorrow the topic voting for the anniversary contest will start. If you've got a last minute idea for a topic please post it here.
Realsoft OY have sponsored another license of Realsoft 3D for the anniversary contest which starts oct 01. :) Many thanks!

<<Edit>>

some technical problems came across my plans. I've to update the gallery and some other things. Voting will start soon!
Bye
Boris
Boris

Return to General Discussion