Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - animation challenge

animation challenge

General Discussion about the contests and this website. Here is the place where you can also suggest topics for the upcoming image contests.

Moderator: Boris

Revive the Animation challenges?

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 13

animation challenge

Postby Boris » Sunday 17. September 2006, 09:18

I just wanted to check the interest for revive the animation challenges. I've started a poll here. Also it would be interesting which sorts of topics you'd like to see. Every input is very apreciated.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby fre_ber » Sunday 17. September 2006, 18:45

I voted yes because I want to see more RS animations. I am not sure about my abilities to participate in these challenges, but maybe, if I could manage to give it time. ;)
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby __yra » Monday 18. September 2006, 07:36

It's very time to do it. :p'n'l:
__yra

Postby Blockbuster » Monday 18. September 2006, 18:31

YES, its very good.....
Blockbuster

Postby Quan » Monday 18. September 2006, 18:53

I'm afraid I'm not good enough for animations... but I voted for yes, sounds cool :)
Quan

Postby Boris » Tuesday 19. September 2006, 15:18

Quan wrote:I'm afraid I'm not good enough for animations... but I voted for yes, sounds cool :)

I think the animation challenge serves at first place to have a reason/topic to do some animation and to learn from each other. That's the best place to start with it :)

Any topic ideas?

Snailrace is my 2 cents
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby __yra » Wednesday 20. September 2006, 06:57

Considering my own experience I think that it is necessary to accent the attention on animated characters.
__yra

Postby Karl » Wednesday 20. September 2006, 08:57

I must say I had to think about this, what to vote. I usually get started with something for the image contest, but all too often I'm nowhere near the goals I setup from the beginning, can never deliver in time images that I have 100% happy with, and just no time at all to do anything useful with Realsoft3D anymore.

Maybe quick animssetups could be easier than fullblown scenes, but that remains for me to be seen. Because even when I have tried to setup rather simple animations I have ended up in weird problems, probably myself failing to have learnt it all thoroghly (?) enough.

But it has to be a complement to the image contest, not a replacer from time to time. Although I never produce anything useful myself anymore, it won't prevent me from enjoying other peoples work :)

So, yes to animation contests for me, but in KISS method. No 90 minute pixar quality to be expected :)

Hmmm... Topic?
Weight?
Speed?
Something from the very basics of animation?
Karl

Postby Yogi » Thursday 21. September 2006, 20:41

Ok, my fast topic ideas:
    Trailblazer
    Spherical Worlds
    Moving houses
Yogi

Postby juhamaza » Friday 22. September 2006, 17:38

Topic ideas:
a1: Lights
a2: stick charatcer (example: fighting choreography)
a3: dropping objects.
juhamaza

Postby Quan » Monday 25. September 2006, 20:24

my topic:

living toys
Quan

Postby Blockbuster » Monday 25. September 2006, 20:30

hi, my topic:
cars (ala pixar)
Blockbuster

Postby Boris » Wednesday 27. September 2006, 19:13

ok ... the ideas are going in all directions :) I think a race topic might be a good start. Character animation is very important but also very hard. We should start with something more easy. I can't model long time atm because my right hand is damaged since over a year and also I've got a lumbago atm. I think we should all use the same model to concentrate on the animation. If one has a simple fast rendering model which he could spend for the challenge that would be great!
We'll get the anniversary contest rolling and after this we start the animation challenge.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby juhamaza » Thursday 28. September 2006, 17:41

Why can't we use realsoft's basic character? Or is there some license problems?
juhamaza

Postby Karl » Friday 29. September 2006, 10:12

Lumbago (hurts in yur back) sucks! I've always made fun of people with it (in a friendly way of course :)), until I was struck by it myself - never believed it could be *that* bad :D . A few visits to a chiropractor helped in my case. Fairly expensive, but well worth the money. Hope it improves for you.

How about animating something already "rigged"; all that needs to be consentrating on is setting up the keys and provide cool timing? Don't know if I can provide anything though, as I just got myself my first digital cam (D80), and spend a lot of time learning to use it.
Karl

Next

Return to General Discussion