Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - mailing infos?

mailing infos?

General Discussion about the contests and this website. Here is the place where you can also suggest topics for the upcoming image contests.

Moderator: Boris

Do you like to be informed about news via mail?

yes
57%
no
43%

Total votes : 7

mailing infos?

Postby Boris » Wednesday 27. September 2006, 19:42

I know many of you are also subscribed to the mailinglist. That's why I also posted there important things concerning the forum and the contest. That's not possible anymore because I've unsubscribed from the mailinglist after over 11 years. I can't stay in a community where a single guy is allowed to express his agressive tendencies in a not tolerable way. Just one last thing about this topic. Ignoring such individuals isn't the solution because new members think that this behaviour is the spirit of the community if noone reacts on such misbehaviour. Garry Curtis is banned here so we keep having a peacefull life at the forum. That was not only my wish!
The forum gives the possibility to massmail all members. I'd like to know if you want to be informed via mail or are you looking here anyway on a daily base?
I've opened a poll for this at the top of this thread.
Bye
Boris
Boris

RE: mailing infos?

Postby Quan » Wednesday 27. September 2006, 20:04

Yes, thats a very good idea, I think!

by the way, who is Garry Curtis?
Quan

RE: mailing infos?

Postby zaug » Wednesday 27. September 2006, 21:25

I agree that this is a good idea. It is nice to have a moderated forum where insults and name calling are not tolerated. When I require assistance with or share images and scripts produced with or for RS, I neither want to be entertained nor do I want to be attacked for not creating a tutorial about how the work was done. If, on the other hand, I think what I have done merits a tutorial then, if time permits, I may produce one. Working with RS is one of my favorite things to do and it really takes away from that to see people getting verbally abused for sharing their works, or, for other less obvious reasons.
zaug

Postby __yra » Thursday 28. September 2006, 07:15

I think this forum is more suitable for me than the mailinglist.
__yra

Postby fre_ber » Friday 29. September 2006, 10:53

Good move, Boris. I am in favour of the mass emails.

Zaug: I had never seen his site, but now I see why he went ballistic over the RealGreeblez-article on the wiki - he is hotlinking wiki articles from his site. I have now given him a nice broken link. :|
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Return to General Discussion