Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - random tiles

random tiles

Moderator: Timo

random tiles

Postby arjo » Monday 15. November 2004, 14:18

Hi,

I'm working on a random tile generator with textures. In this image I used two textures as tiles. Each image is taken randomly. Beside that I use curves for color and contrast to create even more random effect.

Now I would like to rotate or flip the images on a random base but I can't figure out how to do that. I used the brick shader but I can't crosscopy x and y coordinates for tilecoords. If you understand what I mean.
The project is overhere:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~joly/short/tiles.zip

Arjo.
arjo

Postby arjo » Monday 15. November 2004, 16:06

If anybody downloaded the project. Reload it as I simplyfied it a bit. I don't know if it has a big influence but I guess that each calculation step takes time. So I cut out one step.
Remember this is a WIP if I can complete it a good way I'll add a simplified interface if there's any interest.

Arjo.
arjo

Postby arjo » Monday 15. November 2004, 19:06

OK, I'm getting a bit closer now. There are still some things I don't understand but I hope to solve that too.

Arjo.
arjo

Postby arjo » Monday 15. November 2004, 20:27

As you can see at the red arrows point right and the green left. I really don't understand why the green point to the left like the red ones. Could anyone please have a look at the project http://www.xs4all.nl/~joly/short/tiles.zip and if you know the answer to let me know it.

Thanks a lot
Arjo.
arjo

Postby arjo » Monday 15. November 2004, 21:07

Well, I'm the only one writing in this thread ;) Kind a talking to myself I guess :)
I solved the problem. Just overlooked that I used some flip Y checks.

There's still only one very bad solution used. The textures are not loaded in one object which is quite ugly.

Arjo.
arjo

Postby Robert » Monday 15. November 2004, 21:19

But, it is interesting to see how do you help your self :D
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby Boris » Monday 15. November 2004, 22:47

yup ... I agree with Robert :) ... no joke ... only funny true response of Robert
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Timo » Tuesday 16. November 2004, 04:52

I do that all the time, explaining things to others makes you look at the subject really thoroughly and in a new way.
You could basically do it with a wall, but I do prefer a human being =)
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby arjo » Tuesday 16. November 2004, 12:54

OK, I solved all the issues :)

By putting rotation stuff in the surface geometry shader instead of the surfice properties did it. The shader and some little documentation is at the same address http://www.xs4all.nl/~joly/short/tiles.zip and replaces the former ones. I'll upload it to the deamon site also. As soon as I've got RS V5 I'll have look if any change is necessary.

Another example done with the shader. Only one image used for the bird and one image used for the hand.

Arjo.
arjo

Postby Guest » Thursday 16. March 2006, 15:53

I cant open that link ... ?

Neico.

Postby Blockbuster » Thursday 16. March 2006, 17:54

look to the date !
Blockbuster

Postby Guest » Thursday 16. March 2006, 18:47

Oh yeah. But also my firewall set-up is all wrong so I'll sort that and see what happens then.

Postby arjo » Wednesday 29. March 2006, 13:06

If someone's looking for the shader, please go to the Render Deamon. It's among the downloads overthere.
arjo

Return to Shader/VSL/Texturing