Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - GI Lighting

GI Lighting

Moderator: Timo

GI Lighting

Postby Quan » Tuesday 17. January 2006, 21:28

Hello @all!

I downloaded several files with GI and HDRI examples but I'm not able to do it on my own...
It doesn't work!
Is there a step-by-step description about this topic?
...I don't even know, what GI or HDRI is!

Please help, and thanks in advance
MFG
Jan
Quan

RE: GI Lighting

Postby Robert » Tuesday 17. January 2006, 22:05

Hi Jan,
with HDRI (High Dynamic Range Imaging) is it possible to lighting the scene with an image (sky-dome..ect) with out lights and GI (Global illumination) there reflecting the objects the light.

I don't know what do you make wrong but the HDRImage must be self illuminated ( no shadows) !

http://graphics.ucsd.edu/~henrik/images/global.html

in german http://www.freenet.de/freenet/computer_ ... osch_hdri/
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby Timo » Wednesday 18. January 2006, 12:17

I'd tackle this by first finding out what GI and HDRI mean... there' s no idea in using techniques you don'r know or understand.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby Quan » Wednesday 18. January 2006, 13:16

Hi Timo, hi Robert

Thank you for the URLs. They are very useful!
I tried to imitate this Szene, but there weren't any shadows (only the ones, which are made by the camera-flashlight)...

Can you write a little tutorial about it? From the default "Start up" to a "HDRI Szene"...
That would be very nice!

MFG
Jan

(@Timo: I know from other pictures what HDRI and GI images are, but I didn't know the translation... )
Quan

Postby Quan » Wednesday 18. January 2006, 20:14

I found my mistake!
In the render settings, I forgot to set "Effect/Image" to "GI_effects" :oops:
Quan

Re: RE: GI Lighting

Postby Boris » Wednesday 18. January 2006, 20:17

Quan wrote:I tried to imitate this Szene, but there weren't any shadows (only the ones, which are made by the camera-flashlight)...

Hi Quan
you shouldn't use the cameraflashlight at all for such renders. It produces quite flat shading. Take the lightsources for additional lighting. The cameraflashlight is only usefull for fast testrender. Turn out the cameraflashlight (change colour to black (RGB 000) and try to increase the lightness of the image based lighting.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Return to Shader/VSL/Texturing