Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Lightgen.JS . A minor bug ?

Lightgen.JS . A minor bug ?

Moderator: Timo

Lightgen.JS . A minor bug ?

Postby studio » Saturday 18. February 2006, 01:47

Hi :

Just finding new ways to disfigure myself without actually using sharp instruments that leave visible scars . One way ... is to attempt to work with advanced areas of Realsoft3D :cry: Oh well , keeps me out of the Strip Clubs . :lol:

Anyway , I noticed that import of Lightgen Distant lights is not quite correct . The angles seem OK , but the Light's Origin is at "Home" co-ordinates and so is shining out from the scene's center , not toward it (like the Spot lights correctly are) .

Also , the distant lights are around 5000 times too bright . Spots seem fine .

thanks
studio
studio

RE: Lightgen.JS . A minor bug ?

Postby Timo » Saturday 18. February 2006, 02:46

The origin of distant lights is irrelevant: the light comes from 'infinity', no matter where the light object begins. The brightness is what the text file contains, it can't be helped if it's damn bright. Try using the scaling option in LightGen.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Re: RE: Lightgen.JS . A minor bug ?

Postby studio » Saturday 18. February 2006, 04:22

Timo wrote:The origin of distant lights is irrelevant: the light comes from 'infinity', no matter where the light object begins. The brightness is what the text file contains, it can't be helped if it's damn bright. Try using the scaling option in LightGen.

From infinity ? OK . Thanks . I was wrong about the lights being 5000 times too bright . More like 1,000,000 times too bright . Must have been a bug in Lightgen.exe . I made 2 lights just now and they're perfect . I asked Lightgen to make 1 single light from that same apartment.hdri and it's color was around 250,000 in the text file (not 0.250000).

Get's more and more like a game of dungeons and dragons every day ...

studio
studio

RE: Re: RE: Lightgen.JS . A minor bug ?

Postby Guest » Wednesday 22. February 2006, 19:31

You can create a material having a "Light Shader". Then just set a light multiplier (Linear 0.001* Input:Light Illumination, or thereabouts) to bring the output back to acceptable levels. Then assign this material to the level containing all the lightgen lights. Works for me.

Hmm, coming to think of it, isn't this already included, together with some light saturation controls? Or was it only during creation? Nut sure anymore, got slightly confused and can't check right now :)

Karl

Postby Timo » Thursday 23. February 2006, 07:59

I'll add a 'light shader' to the script once I get the time... I still need to finish the GI tute.
Timo

Postby Timo » Thursday 23. February 2006, 11:05

I got bored at work so I started to make the light shader creation script. Surprise surprise, I ran into a problem:
I'm trying to set the input channel for the linear object, but it ends up as 'undefined' when I run the script.
The problem apparently is that there are two illumination input channels available so I need to define the full name.
Light:Illumination and Light : Illumination don't work :(
I also tried to get the default input value out with GetInputNames(), but it crashes.
**edit**
I think I should also provide an inputidentifier, but I have no idea how to get the correct value.
Created a new thread for the problem: http://3ddart.org/index.php?name=PNphpB ... opic&t=672
Timo

Return to Shader/VSL/Texturing