Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - GI with AO shader

GI with AO shader

Moderator: Timo

GI with AO shader

Postby Blockbuster » Saturday 3. March 2007, 01:21

Hi to all,
I try to join the GI shader with the AO shader. My first tesrender looks the results, but the render time is very long....
All rendertest with the same settings.
Attachments
AO ohne GI.jpg
AO without GI (AO only)
Rendertime = 1:51 min
AO ohne GI.jpg (8.2 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
GI ohne AO.jpg
GI without AO (GI only)
Rendertime= 2:06 min
GI ohne AO.jpg (8.11 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
GI mit AO.jpg
GI with AO
Rendertime 6:32 min.
GI mit AO.jpg (9.39 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
Blockbuster

RE: GI with AO shader

Postby guest » Saturday 3. March 2007, 04:54

Hi :

Looks interesting , but if it were me , I would tone down the Gi brightness in the second picture until it looked good , as a better comparison . What I mean is that the Gi picture is very over-bright , and so maybe the AO is also acting to tone the Gi down , when in fact , the Gi could look like the 3rd image with a little more tweaking .

Also , I would brighten up the first image too , (since it is way too dark) also as better comparison image . It almost looks like you took a very bright image and mixed it with a very dark image and then got a good medium image .

However , I like the idea of being able to mix these 2 shaders together and actually had plans to do a similiar mixing , but never found the time .

Thanks for sharing your testing .

Postby Blockbuster » Saturday 3. March 2007, 10:39

thx guest,
but I have deliberately use the same settings for the renders. So you can better see the difference of the shaders.
I will post a optimized render later. My problem is to fade the A0 canal, so you can setting the A0 strength in the posteffects. , but I don´t know how...
Blockbuster

Postby arjo » Sunday 4. March 2007, 19:27

My problem is to fade the A0 canal, so you can setting the A0 strength in the posteffects. , but I don´t know how...

Maybe have a look at the AO with normal shading project I uploaded to the info site, a while ago. I made. And then check the Diffuse_AO_Brightness_Contol post effect. This post effect has a curve object that can control the strength or darkness of the effect.
arjo

Return to Shader/VSL/Texturing