Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Anim that combines Keyframed motion and Simulation

Anim that combines Keyframed motion and Simulation

Moderators: TheRookie, Beg-inner

Anim that combines Keyframed motion and Simulation

Postby Beg-inner » Monday 3. May 2004, 05:24

Hi all...

Here is a simple anim of a Bat striking a ball...
Done after Colin asked why a path animated vehicle wasnt taken into concideration in a Collision Detection simulation...
I made a simple reply to that when I was very tired.. to just add a fake 'Velocity' to the Vehicle...

http://www.frankdodd.screaming.net/Stef ... all_02.avi
(12 Secs, 300 frames at 400x300 DivX 5.03 and its 80 kb)

For this one I have added both a fake 'Spin' and 'Velocity' to the "Bat"....
(With the 'Velocity Tool and 'Spin Tool' in the 'Simulation Tab'

If I get the energy, find time and if someone wants to..
I might do a simple tutorial on this topic..

Until then, enjoy the little anim.. =)

And thx Frank for the webspace..
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Postby TheRookie » Monday 3. May 2004, 18:36

Nice work on this stef, I 1/2 solved it myself by getting some collision when I added just velocity but I didnt think about spin, that really does the trick, nice job.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby Beg-inner » Monday 3. May 2004, 22:55

Hi Frank..

thx..
yep both those are the base for simulations..

This shows in an old sim situation as below..
For instance I used to just give a Ball the Velocity at start ( if doing a Bowling sim) but then when adding an initial Spin value too on the Ball the whole sim worked alot better and more realistic, with less accuracy problems..!
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Return to Animations