Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Boom - Explosion animation and releated problems

Boom - Explosion animation and releated problems

Moderators: TheRookie, Beg-inner

Boom - Explosion animation and releated problems

Postby MVuraldi » Wednesday 12. January 2005, 08:03

Hi !

Inspired by Franks fire I tried to create an explosion animation.
If you taka a closer look at the attached project file and the resulting animation it might look somehow ok.
Well, the problem is, that it just looks ok from the defined camera position, so, if I would move the camera it starts to look odd.

So, is there an idea out there to fix this ?

Best regards,

Mert
Attachments
explosion2.zip
Explosion2 project
(24.01 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
MVuraldi

Postby zaug » Thursday 13. January 2005, 17:47

Mert,
I messed with this a little bit, not sure what you mean. Here is a shot of frame 25 and my version of the project file.
BTW this looks really good. I have not checked to see how to change the green halo. I will now have a look at the VSL code to see just what those curves are doing and if there is a way to make the flare fade out starting the middle as the explosion fades out.
Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,
Zaug
Attachments
explosion2.zip
(17.55 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
explosion2-25.jpg
explosion2-25.jpg (36.64 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
zaug

Postby MVuraldi » Friday 14. January 2005, 06:58

Hi zaug !

The problem was (yep, I solved it now), that the visual centre of the explosion and the expansion direction were dependent from the camera position, because of the mapping type and the related VSL choreographs I used.
But thats fixed now, so that I could take care for other details (I need some more dark smoke in the explosion) now :)

At least thats just the gasous part of the explosion.
Now comes the solid part.
I am not quite convinced of the explosion effect coming along with the simulation, because it totally ignores the exploding objects geometry.
In order to produce a geometry good for further exlosion effects, I figured out, that it works quite well to use a SDS-model and convert it to NURBS.
This results in a quite irregular set of meshes representing the shape of the original object, which seems to be quite useful in further simulation steps....

Best regards,

Mert
MVuraldi

Postby TheRookie » Sunday 16. January 2005, 11:18

Excellent work on this explosion its very simple, quick and looks good too. I am very much looking forward to seeing how you do with the smoke you put on it!
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Return to Animations