Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Fire Simulation

Fire Simulation

Moderators: TheRookie, Beg-inner

Fire Simulation

Postby TheRookie » Saturday 7. February 2004, 17:24

In response to a question from edmond sinani about simulating Fire in Realsoft 3D I played about with fire effects for a few days off and on, the result is that I think I've managed to create a couple of nice flame effects.

The first is like a large oil head fire, the second is like a burning torch held by some adventurer in a darkened dungeon: -
Image Image
http://www.frankdodd.screaming.net/Foru ... Flame6.avi
http://www.frankdodd.screaming.net/Foru ... Flame9.avi

Finally you can download the project files here:-
http://www.frankdodd.screaming.net/Foru ... Flames.zip

I will probably be using these effects now to create some interesting explosion effects too!
TheRookie

Postby Guest » Saturday 7. February 2004, 20:14

Holy #$%! When I first saw it, I thought that second one was the maya flame from fluids used as a comaprison. It doesn't animate quite as well as the 10 bazillion dollar version, but it looks just as real! Absolutely incredible! You are the master. :!:

Postby Boris » Sunday 8. February 2004, 07:51

Frank, that's GREAT! :dance:

Many Thanx for sharing it!
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby __yra » Sunday 8. February 2004, 17:17

Flame9.avi - Cool! :clap:
__yra

Postby TheRookie » Sunday 8. February 2004, 19:48

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it! Hopefully I with have a few more effects soon. I was thinking about a few explosions, smoke balls, smoke trails and mushroom clouds. Hopefully I will get the time.
TheRookie

Postby Alessandro » Friday 24. September 2004, 04:49

Under what version did you create them I have V4.25 full and v4.5 trial but it doesn't open in either :(
Alessandro

Postby TheRookie » Saturday 25. September 2004, 14:52

These had to be version 4.5 Alessandro as they needed to use JavaScript to animate the fire effect. I am very suprised that they didn't load into the version 4.5 Demo!? What error messages did you get?

Unfortunatly I haven't had a chance to create the other effects yet, but as they are required for use in the 'Dreamer' animation they will be created along with some interesting gun flashes and bullet trails I hope.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby Guest » Wednesday 6. October 2004, 18:54

the version v.5se cannot handle normal relasoft 4.5 files. the develpoers obviously put a lock on the software.

That is really cool work frank, you and _yra dominate realsoft animation.

Postby Spliney » Wednesday 6. October 2004, 19:43

V5 can handle V4.5 projects, but the other way around is usually not possible.
Spliney

Postby Robert » Wednesday 6. October 2004, 20:18

Anonymous wrote:the version v.5se

What to hell is V.5 SE , dear "GUEST" ? :? :wink:
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby zaug » Thursday 7. October 2004, 13:04

A bit off topic: I have gotten these to load again by backing my Linux version to 4.26.42. I thought that was the version I was using.

And yes, What is v.5 SE ?

Zaug
zaug

Postby Milkdrop » Thursday 7. October 2004, 19:07

Robert wrote:
Anonymous wrote:the version v.5se

What to hell is V.5 SE , dear "GUEST" ? :? :wink:

Oh shi*, sorry the guest post was me. I mean't v4.5se has a lock on it, meaning that you cannot use normal v4.5 files, on the software. I hope that made things clearer and sorry about the mistake.
Milkdrop

Postby Karl » Sunday 24. October 2004, 06:02

Hehe, cool mispost :)

Maybe the forum could give a warning when you're about to post as guest? Not sure what the forum software allows. It's nice with forums that is "liberal" enough to allow guests to post, but a bit bad misposting as guest when you think you're logged in (done a couple already).
Karl

Postby Boris » Sunday 24. October 2004, 19:38

I'm sorry that this happens so often. It happened to me also quite often :)
If you have got a signature it will be shown if you do a preview before submitting the reply. If the sig is there you are logged if not then not logged in :) so I get now mostly remembered of this :idea:
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Sceme » Friday 10. December 2004, 10:29

Wow. Beautiful flame. Are you saying that Javacript is actually the one wich makes that flame look like that? :x
Sceme

Next

Return to Animations