Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Character animation - Lattice mapping

Character animation - Lattice mapping

Moderators: TheRookie, Beg-inner

Character animation - Lattice mapping

Postby fre_ber » Sunday 26. March 2006, 16:53

Hi, since I have been having issues with the skeleton objects and __yra's tutorial made me realise what Boris suggested some time ago, I have been trying a new approach for rigging the pedestrian models of MM2. Instead of a "real" skeleton, I create a dummy sphere for each joint and place that in a hierarchical tree of levels. This tree exactly match the skeleton used in the game. See the nodes level:

What I am trying is this: I lattice map the vertices of the SDS model's right hand to the sphere named wrist_r:

When I do this I get the following result:

The size of the sphere appears to be significant - if I enlarge the lattice sphere before mapping it, I get something that looks very much like my goal:

Then I proceed to map the fore arm vertices as well as the hand vertices to the elbow joint: (Note that the sphere I actually used was much larger than the one shown here)

This looks just fine, but when I rotate the wrist joint I see the scaling effect again:

Notice how the hand has shrunk in size.

Can anyone clarify how the size and shape of the lattice object affects the points of the subdivision object? And is there a way to avoid this scaling? All I need is to be able to rotate each level in the tree to pose the SDS object. I also tried to use a 1D particle as the lattice object, but that resulted in a very efficient amputation... ;)
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Return to Animations