Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Space inspired Robotic MetaPainter Anim =)

Space inspired Robotic MetaPainter Anim =)

Moderators: TheRookie, Beg-inner

Space inspired Robotic MetaPainter Anim =)

Postby Beg-inner » Saturday 16. December 2006, 04:57

Hi all..

Here is a simple 12 sec space inspired little anim...testing picking up stuff..=)
Robotic style n motion, and abit of weightlessness at the end...for the fun of it..

1 MB XVID Codec..
http://hem.bredband.net/1020427g9r/Anim ... ter_02.avi
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Postby Boris » Monday 18. December 2006, 23:26

Very nice motion ... Stefan.
It's a pitty that here isn't any response anymore but I don't know how to change this. I'm not willng as Admin of this forum to response to all Forum-entries because I don't like the feeling to talk with myself more or less. A forum lives of it's members. I see here sometimes over 100 users at once looking and think: "My oh my ... isn't there someone who gets an idea to comment on this but it seems that the RS-scene has lost any interest in talking and I ask myself why I run this dead forum and pay for the webspace. The sponsors are paying the prizes for the contest if one thinks I get paid for running the forum. It's not so much work that I really have to complain but I have my regular work also and spend also regular a bit of my time. Time and money are short here also and I really ask myself: is it all worth? I don't know! I can do my own artistical work if I'm inspired instead of doing backups or optimizations to the website or spend the time thinking how to bring up some interest. I must say I'm really frustrated atm.
Sorry Stefan to mis-use your thread to tell my objections but I'm fed up!
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby __yra » Wednesday 20. December 2006, 09:26

Boris, I can understand You so much! :(

But I must establish a fact, that the low activity on the forum is not your guilt, but the result of a short-sighted policy of Realsoft 3D’ authors.
I understand that their small group is working hard to create the competitive 3D-soft, but also they should understand that the popularization of this kind of soft is not less important than its creation. I hoped very much to see somebody from Realsoft Graphics taking part in the competition of character animation, inasmuch as I haven’t seen the worthy samples of character animation, made in Realsoft 3D.
I wouldn’t like to show any negative criticism in responses for the participants of this competition / as much as I don’t want to write something in this branch/, because I may understand the members of the forum, who make efforts to comprehend, how the character animation (or something else) works in RS and then they even share with the others.

But I suppose that it is not right to write lying flattering responses. Creators RS should have paid attention to this a long time ago and much more active used this forum for the demonstartion of the possibilities of what RS can.

With beat regards to all the RS community
__yra

Postby Karl » Wednesday 20. December 2006, 10:37

Great looking anim. Some answers from me regarding the later posts:

1. I usually don't write this kind of response as I think they don't really contribute anything. If I can't critique anything at the moment, I don't reply. Which btw, could be a good thing :) If I don't answer, I have nothing to complain about :D

2. It's christmas for crying out loud! Most will be more than busy preparing for this hellish time and carry the ton of bags for their spouse :) RS3D work is probably low priority during these times for most people.

3. Due to other stuff going on in my life right now, I'm usually just in here during work hours, skimming through the updated threads. I often have something I would have liked to say about things, but work things are also pressing. And I think my boss would like me to prioritise work instead of lenghty replies (the only kind I know) on forums.

4. I visit other forums as well, but this forum is *the only* forum I ever write back to during work hours, even though they are sparse.

5. The damned webfilter they use at my work even include *user webpages* (shame on them, I know...) , which means that linked images from those images don't even show up, making it real hard to critique on. I.e. the whole http://members.chello.nl/ is blocked here, and I'm sure you knows whose page lies within this space...

6. And lastly, this one is direct for you Boris ;) You decided to leave the (more active) mailing list due to a certain persons behaviour. Why not filter any mails containing his name and/or address directly to the thrash instead?

I love the list, but I also love this site. I've seen better forum software, but for the usual activity here, it does what it's supposed to. Don't let low activity get to you, especially now so close to christmas. It will fluctuate, as everything else in life. Keep up the good work (all of you).

Karl
Karl

Postby Boris » Wednesday 20. December 2006, 11:30

Many thanks for your replies Yuriy and Karl,
I'm sorry for have broken the christmas silence :sleep: (really just joking).
Knowing how frustrating it is to don't get any response (positive or negative) for posted work and some mulled wine ;) made me writing this but it is what I thought since a while.
Leaving the mailinglist was for myself the biggest punishment but as I already wrote it's a shame that one is allowed to behave there like a pig and it falls back on our mailinglist community if noone tells him that such a behaviour isn't tolerated. Filtering him is a solution to keep the bloodpressure on normal level.
Character animation will be one big point for Version 6. So I guess it will become much more comfortable with the next update.

That's the point to wish all of you a very nice and peacefull christmas time!
Bye
Boris
Boris

Return to Animations