Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Testing ... Icarus - Dyna (beta) - Realsoft

Testing ... Icarus - Dyna (beta) - Realsoft

Moderators: TheRookie, Beg-inner

Testing ... Icarus - Dyna (beta) - Realsoft

Postby guest » Wednesday 21. February 2007, 08:59

Edit : Added an intro in After Effects - 4 MB Xvid codec
http://www.studiodynamics.net/list/flags_xvid.avi

Things worth improving (time & money permitting) :

1) Take the lens distortion out of the video so straight CGI elements match much more correctly .
2) Match abrupt video lighting changes more fluidly .
3) Choose a scene where CGI shadows can be placed a lot better than this one .
4) Purchase SynthEyes instead of my car insurance .
5) Blur or sharpen the background or the composited CGI for better blending .
6) Make Flags appear lighter via Dynabeta cloth properties .
7) Phone Carlo and ask him why this incredible plugin is not released yet .

The Tutorial featuring a much more basic example is here :
http://www.studiodynamics.net/cam_match ... ching.html
cheers

EDIT : the link to the newer , reworked "Flags" animation was incorrect .
Last edited by guest on Saturday 10. March 2007, 05:04, edited 6 times in total.

RE: Testing ... Icarus - Dyna (beta) - Realsoft

Postby Quan » Wednesday 21. February 2007, 14:14

:shock: thats great!
Quan

Re: RE: Testing ... Icarus - Dyna (beta) - Realsoft

Postby guest » Thursday 22. February 2007, 08:42

Quan wrote::shock: thats great!

Thanks very much Quan :

Tutorial is here : http://studiodynamics.net/cam_match/cam ... ching.html . The tutorial's resulting (very boring) animation is here http://tinyurl.com/2bf9cv 400KB Xvid .

Icarus is great for playing with , but from what I can see , can not compare to a truly professional software like Syntheyes (of course) . Still , for those that just want to experiment , I think Icarus and RS3D can make a very good combination .

RE: Re: RE: Testing ... Icarus - Dyna (beta) - Realsoft

Postby guest » Saturday 10. March 2007, 05:03

This is another Icarus/Realsoft3D animation (no DynAtomic though) . This anim features a Matte created in Realsoft using Icarus , then a Post Processing F/X is added in After Effects onto the Matte .
http://studiodynamics.net/list/stairs_compxvid.avi 3 MB Xvid codec

The corrected link to the "Flags" animation is here : http://studiodynamics.net/list/flags_xvid.avi 4MB Xvid

Cheers

Postby Quan » Sunday 11. March 2007, 20:50

I've got some Problems with ICARUS... I've never had them before: The tracking of a sequence is all right, but when I try to calibrate, appears an error message right after the first phase... and I think there is something wrong with the "calibration- dialogue"...
Quan

Postby guest » Monday 12. March 2007, 23:54

Quan wrote:I've got some Problems with ICARUS... I've never had them before: The tracking of a sequence is all right, but when I try to calibrate, appears an error message right after the first phase... and I think there is something wrong with the "calibration- dialogue"...

Hi Quan :

Make sure you are using the latest version , 2.09 . I've been using 2.07 for the last few months and all of a sudden it will not import any movie files of any kind . Drove me nuts , but when I installed 2.09 everything was fine again (weird!) .

Anyway , I've never had an error message after the first phase of Calibration . I have had error messages at the end of Calibration but I shortened the length of the video section I was tracking and they went away . I try not to go over 400 frames now , for best results .

Hope this helps a bit .

Return to Animations