Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - chain of reaction

chain of reaction

Realcloth, RealWobble, RealBoom, RealHair, RockEm ... This forum is moderated by Carlo Lanzotti, Dynadream

Moderator: Carlo

Postby Robert » Friday 5. November 2004, 20:03

yes, very nice work arjo,
but how much you have create time used around these perfect chain reaction ?
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby arjo » Friday 5. November 2004, 23:53

Hi Robert,

Actually blowing up the pig took a long time. But this had to do with several bugs I found while creating it. One nasty bug that frustrated me a lot in this case was that you can quite easily loose the cache files. DynAtomic stores it's solution in cache files which of course is very handy. Carlo is working hard to solve it. ;) Remember that DynAtomic is still in betastage.
I used 340 frames for this part which would take about 40 seconds up to one minute per frame. Before blowing it up I had to deflate it first. This whole thing was done by animating the volume resistance. Every aspect of an object can be animated using choreographs. The pig is quite a complex shape in terms of the amount of polygons. And above that there are many collisions. It's a combination of collisions with the floor and the air pipe. Then there's the internal collision and on top of that the collision with the beam. The catapult however, was quite easy to do. First you have to bend it to put tension on the arm. I think bending it took about 5 minutes or so. Releasing it took some more time. This was because I used a low bend resistance setting when pulling it backwards. When I released it I used a extremely high setting to give it great force. But then it needed very small timesteps to keep the thing together. I think it took about 15 minutes or so.

This was only the DynAtomic part. The modeling, filming the scene and rendering took quite some time too. :)
arjo

Postby zaug » Saturday 6. November 2004, 11:16

Arjo,
Wonderful ! Great creativity on the events, very fun to watch. Cheers to Carlo as well, astonishingly realistic simulations !

There will be Linux versions , right ?

Zaug
zaug

Postby TheRookie » Saturday 6. November 2004, 14:24

An excellent piece of work this is the first time I've seen this animation in its entireity. I love the inflatable pig :)
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby Timo » Saturday 6. November 2004, 14:35

Great stuff =)
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Previous

Return to DynAtomic