Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Voting?

Voting?

Create some Flower/Plant inspired Jewelery -
Session runs from Friday - Monday, April 19, 2004 - 00:00 AM
No prizes, just the honor to be the first Realsoft 3D session winner :)

Do we want to make votings for sessions?

Poll ended at Thursday 22. April 2004, 15:48

No ... I don't want a voting
50%
Yes ... I want a voting
33%
No ... I dont want to vote to vote (special for Vikingboy :P )
17%

Total votes : 6

Voting?

Postby Admin » Monday 19. April 2004, 15:48

Do we want to make votings for the winner for such sessions (also for future sessions) or just leave it with a little gallery of each session?
Last edited by Admin on Monday 19. April 2004, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jounihat » Monday 19. April 2004, 18:26

I don't like the sound of "voting". This is not a competition, and we're not here to rank these pictures, but at least I'd like to get some feedback of my work, and a voting system is good for that concidering that all of us may not have the time nor interest to give precise arguments of every work. Maybe it would be even better if the poll came with a some kind of quick feedback system (I mean, there is already one, but even quicker), but it's also good as is. I'm for the polls, but lets leave the title "winner" off, at least officially.
Jouni Hätinen

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end, and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry
jounihat

Postby TheRookie » Monday 19. April 2004, 19:02

I think you should just pick one Boris we all trust you, even if you pick your own :), I wouldnt mind voting too much thinking about it perhaps we could do a speed model at the weekend and vote during the week :)
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby vikingboy » Monday 19. April 2004, 19:03

Hi Guys,

Firstly I wanna say how hysterically funny it is for me that we are voting whether we should vote or not. I think before we pursue this any further we should have a vote to decide if we should have a vote about voting or not on the winner of the competition....uhhhhm...er.... what was the competition about again ?!?..............

:P :P :P :P
vikingboy

Postby Admin » Monday 19. April 2004, 20:06

:swords: eyyh ... just the 4th reply and already carping.

Extra for Andrew a new poll option :cheers:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby geo » Tuesday 20. April 2004, 12:45

voting for voting? Trusting Frank to tell me I trust Boris? OK I do then.

As a newby to RS my preference is not to vote. The value for me here is to see how ideas are realised quickly by other people.

Anyway, who scrutineers the voting, and who scrutineers the scrutineer? Where are my scrutineers?

George
geo

Postby Boris » Wednesday 21. April 2004, 16:56

ok ... I also didn't wanted to vote. Just give me in future challenges just a shout if anyone wants a voting. I'll arrange then a voting if we want to vote :dork:
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby jounihat » Wednesday 21. April 2004, 18:02

Well, I don't want to vote either, but the voting system itself is a great way to give feedback to the pictures. Maybe if there were a system to make the voting constant. So anyone could give their "votes" anytime. Then this wouldn't be a competition. As far as I can see, people really aren't very active giving feedback. Maybe they'd be more active rating the work. Right?
Jouni Hätinen

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end, and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry
jounihat

Postby Boris » Wednesday 21. April 2004, 20:35

What do you think of the voting system in the gallery? It would be possible to make a voting like for the image contest. Criterias for voting are free choosable.
Also if you are in doubt with some points of your work you can make a poll like in this thread for your thread.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Guest » Thursday 22. April 2004, 15:16

The current image contest voting system rocks. I'd like a similiar voting system for these galleries, EXCEPT that these polls wouldn't have an ending, thus no winner or loser. The voting itself wouldn't be a "poll" then, but a normal pic rating system.

So a person registering here two years from now could still rate the pics of this Weekend Session gallery. No polls, no competition, just rating. It would be better, if people gave real comments and arguments about the pictures, but these forums aren't that popular. A simple voting system would definitely be more popular, though maybe not as useful.

But as I said, the current voting system for the image contests is awesome. Awesome to the max.

Postby Admin » Thursday 22. April 2004, 16:39

OK ... this seems to be a fine idea ... a neverending rating. I've added the rating system to the Weekend session gallery. If you'd like to have more or different rating options than "Excellent - Very Good - Good ...." then please tell me.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jounihat » Thursday 22. April 2004, 20:10

Yes. The poll system still seems to rate the pictures as "first, second, third etc.", which is not really necessary (they could be in alphabetical order), but it's ok as long as it's not ridiculously easy to reconfigure.
Jouni Hätinen

-Fry
jounihat

Postby Sceme » Friday 23. April 2004, 19:13

oh....i have no idea what is going on in this conversation :P oh well...i think no voting is good ;)
Sceme

Postby jounihat » Saturday 24. April 2004, 06:55

This is not a system for voting now, but for picture rating and quick feedback. No voting is good in my opinion too.
Jouni Hätinen

-Fry
jounihat

Return to Weekend Session - Flower Jewellery