Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Selfmade "Commercials(s)" by the userlist

Selfmade "Commercials(s)" by the userlist

Moderator: onyx

Selfmade "Commercials(s)" by the userlist

Postby MarkusSchmidt » Tuesday 29. June 2004, 12:01

Hi Folks,

what do you think of making a "commercial"-video for RS3D by the user
list members? We have been talking long time ago about Realsoft not
beeing able or willing to do a commercial spot or any other way of
advertizing (except the cover cd's and some print ads in digital production). Why not doing it this way, by ourselfs?

Regards,
Markus

Some replys from Garry and FranK

Garry wrote:
I think it _could_ be fun , if we got enough people together , that had enough
free time , and the ability to follow-through , etc etc etc etc . I might be interest-
ed , if some more jump in . I'm thinking , though , that maybe we should wait
for V5 to be released to actually do any significant work on the project .

No reason we couldn't start a dialogue on the project now , though . Maybe a
thread on the Realsoft Contest site would allow those interested to jump in and
say their peace/piece . That way we can see what kind of feedback and interest
there actually is .

Frank wrote:
That is an interesting idea unfortunately I have other project commitments myself at this time, what type of commercial were you thinking of? Something like an RS Demo reel?
----------------------------
I am Homer of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assima... assimo... Oh! Donuts!
MarkusSchmidt

Postby Guest » Wednesday 30. June 2004, 16:10

Hi Markus, I would also like to help, but my RS3D knowledge is still very limited (as you will be able to see in the thread "my two cents for the mechanics image contest". Everything I start needs so much time to model :) but I would like to help in any kind of way for sure!

kind regards, bobbi

Postby TheRookie » Wednesday 30. June 2004, 17:37

Again I'm already commited to another project at the moment unfortunatly but there is no reason why some of the materials for that couldn't be reused into a commercial.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby MarkusSchmidt » Thursday 1. July 2004, 10:05

Anonymous wrote:Hi Markus, I would also like to help, but my RS3D knowledge is still very limited (as you will be able to see in the thread "my two cents for the mechanics image contest". Everything I start needs so much time to model :) but I would like to help in any kind of way for sure!

kind regards, bobbi

Bobbi,

no problem. Nothing is decided yet. IF we make it, any help will be appreciated.

Markus
I am Homer of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assima... assimo... Oh! Donuts!
MarkusSchmidt

Postby MarkusSchmidt » Thursday 1. July 2004, 10:10

TheRookie wrote:Again I'm already commited to another project at the moment unfortunatly but there is no reason why some of the materials for that couldn't be reused into a commercial.

Cool,

thank you for the offer. The more material we have, the better! :D
MarkusSchmidt

Postby studio » Saturday 3. July 2004, 07:54

Hey guys :

Well , I think this is great idea , and the more the merrier too ! It's great , I think , that RS users actually are willing to take the time to promote their favorite S/W , instead of just sitting on their butts , waiting for the S/W to do their bidding !

I say , phone Satu , and ask him what he thinks ?

out ...
Last edited by studio on Sunday 4. July 2004, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.
studio

Postby MarkusSchmidt » Saturday 3. July 2004, 08:17

Garry,

it seems that the interest in a project like this is not very high. From both sides, pros and hobbyists.

I am off for holydays from July 5th to July 13th. So, let's see what the users think about the idea in about 10 days.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Markus
MarkusSchmidt

Postby Boris » Saturday 3. July 2004, 08:46

:dammit: Hey Garry,
I'd like to ask you to keep the sky also clear at this place and don't pest it with "suck" whatever! Everyone can tell here his opinion but please in a nice way and not abusive like you did it here.
People on IRC and also on the mailinglist are mostly busy working with Realsoft and have some time problems. But mostly everyone is willing to help but not every question can be answered.
Btw I think Satu's kiddies will be very astonished when they'll find out that there mother is male :dork:
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Rossco » Saturday 3. July 2004, 12:10

Hi all,
I am also happy to help out in any way possible, my knowledge at the moment is limited, (although I am currently learning in depth on the customisation of the interface) but if I can help then I will.
So whatever skills are required to help out in any part at all, even if they are not 3D related, then if I have the skills for that part then here I am :D

cheers and regards

Rossco
Rossco

Postby __yra » Saturday 3. July 2004, 19:19

Support the idea about making the promotional trailer Realsoft.
__yra

Postby studio » Sunday 4. July 2004, 04:21

Boris wrote::dammit: Hey Garry,
I'd like to ask you to keep the sky also clear at this place and don't pest it with "suck" whatever! Everyone can tell here his opinion but please in a nice way and not abusive like you did it here.
People on IRC and also on the mailinglist are mostly busy working with Realsoft and have some time problems. But mostly everyone is willing to help but not every question can be answered.
Btw I think Satu's kiddies will be very astonished when they'll find out that there mother is male :dork:

Yep , sorry Boris :

man , did I get drunk last night . I do not even remember posting to this forum , last night . I just checked my mail and found that I had sent this in . Very sorry . I was drinking some of that crazy Jamaican 150 proof Rum that a friend had given me . I phoned him today to tell him what happened and he laughed his ass off . I guess he knew that stuff is poison , but thought he'd have some fun and not tell me !

Wow , I didn't even know a person could get that drunk ! Sick as a dog all day long ... still am . I edited all the negative comments out . Again , very sorry to all who may have read them before I did . And no offense to all the great guys on the IRC who always help me with various RS solutions .

Stay away from Jamaican RUM !!!! It is firewater !!!!
studio

Postby Boris » Sunday 4. July 2004, 08:00

thanx Garry ... and much fun while getting sober :twisted:
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby onyx » Sunday 4. July 2004, 09:40

Hello everybody.
so, everything is all right now...
I don't want to edit or delete posts (that was the first time so i didn't do that).

This forum is MODERATED :twisted: - so, please, discuss in polite manner.
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby TheRookie » Sunday 4. July 2004, 13:05

I think this ties in with my post to the list earlier about Siggraph and promotion.

"The potential here (for promotion) is enormous when you start discussing Indie animations: 'Killer Bean 2' (unfortunately not a Realsoft derivative) has had 1.7 million viewers on IFilms alone and '405' has had 4.8 million! Now admittedly only a fraction of these are CG People but I'll bet there is also a fraction that are the important target audience of CG hobbyists, CG students and graphics entrepreneurs."

A commercial/animation short if done very well could be a huge promotion for Realsoft and the contributing artists. The key is (as always) going to be getting the perfect story and backing it up with good execution and some eye candy.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby MarkusSchmidt » Tuesday 13. July 2004, 08:39

TheRookie wrote:I think this ties in with my post to the list earlier about Siggraph and promotion.

"The potential here (for promotion) is enormous when you start discussing Indie animations: 'Killer Bean 2' (unfortunately not a Realsoft derivative) has had 1.7 million viewers on IFilms ... (cut for smaller post)

A commercial/animation short if done very well could be a huge promotion for Realsoft and the contributing artists. The key is (as always) going to be getting the perfect story and backing it up with good execution and some eye candy.

Frank,
we could maybe use the team animation project started last year. Anyone?
Btw: I am back!

Markus
MarkusSchmidt

Next

Return to Off-Topic