Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Quake 4 screenshots

Quake 4 screenshots

Moderator: onyx

Quake 4 screenshots

Postby Robert » Wednesday 18. August 2004, 00:38

Hi folks,
i find some screenshots (testrenderings of models and sketches of guns, vehicles ect.) of Quake 4, it looks good. :wink:
http://winfuture.de/index.php?page=wfv4/BSv2/scg-ia.php&id=176&seite=1
http://www.fador.org/mp3/quake4 the last 14 pics in the list
Last edited by Robert on Thursday 19. August 2004, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby jounihat » Wednesday 18. August 2004, 06:44

It is going to be extremely difficult to make any mods or new levels to games like Quake4 or Doom3, if you have to model exact 1 000 000 polygon objects to them.
Jouni Hätinen

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end, and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry
jounihat

Postby Boris » Wednesday 18. August 2004, 15:07

:metal:
unbelievable details for game characters.

@Jouni: what do you mean whith this 1 000 000 polygons?
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Robert » Wednesday 18. August 2004, 22:15

Hi Boris,
in the game they use low polymodels of this characters. They build of the environment from the complexmodels a bumpmaping and lay this over the lowmodels ( like we use displacementmaping ).
Last edited by Robert on Thursday 19. August 2004, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Bye,
Robert
Robert

Postby Admin » Thursday 19. August 2004, 05:42

Robert ... I already sent you a pm last night. PLEASE don't upload any pictures to my webspace you don't hold the copyright. I don't wanna have trouble with the quake guys because of copyright infringements. If you like to show such pics just put them in with "URL" or "IMG" but NOT upload to 3ddart. Sorry ... I had to delete the pictures again.

I still not understand what that has to do with 1 000 000 polys. I know of the use of normal maps or displacement. Does this mean that one gamescene has or has to have 1 000 000 polys or the scene which was used to built the normal maps from?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jounihat » Thursday 19. August 2004, 07:14

It doesn't have to have 1 000 000 polys, but eg. in Unreal 3 all game characters have about couple of millions of polygons. And I didn't mean they'd have to have exactly 1 000 000 polygons. I meant that they would have to have at least 1 000 000 polygons and they'd have to be exact (=they'd have to look good, use all the polygons, you know what I mean), and modelling a 1 000 000 polygon character isn't an easy task to do.

If you do only low-poly models, they don't look as good as the original game.
Jouni Hätinen

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end, and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry
jounihat

Postby Robert » Thursday 19. August 2004, 13:26

PLEASE don't upload any pictures to my webspace you don't hold the copyright. I don't wanna have trouble with the quake guys because of copyright infringements

Ok boris, i don't want that you have got trouble, too. Sorry i have overlooked your PM :oops: .

PS: But how can i delete my last post (the delete button is gone).
Bye,
Robert
Robert

Postby Admin » Thursday 19. August 2004, 15:11

Robert wrote:Ok boris, i don't want that you have got trouble, too. Sorry i have overlooked your PM :oops: .

PS: But how can i delete my last post (the delete button is gone).

Thanks Robert! I've deleted the last post of you.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Off-Topic