Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Curvy3D Open Beta!

Curvy3D Open Beta!

Moderator: onyx

Curvy3D Open Beta!

Postby Dan_Silverman » Wednesday 15. September 2004, 13:33

The developer of Curvy3D has begun work on Curvy3D v2. Today he announced that he would like to make the beta OPEN to anyone that would like to work with Curvy3D in its very early stages (almost alpha).

Curvy3D is unique in that it allows the user to sketch curves that are instantly lathed into 3D shapes. You can also apply a sort of displacement map to your models and paint details into the model to further shape and refine your model.

Curvy3D v2 is looking to allow users to create both low-poly and high-poly models. Besides the unique Curvy3D objects you create by sketching, Sub-Division surfaces are being added as well.

Curvy3D is a unique 3D modeling package, but it is in its early stages. Even though the developer is calling this v2, it is more like version 0.5. The first version of Curvy3D was a good little program, but limited. The developer started over with a better plan, better tools and an overall better concept (and, thus, v2).

If you like to beta test software and/or want to get in early on using what should become a great 3D modeling tool, then now is your chance to play with Curvy3D for free while it is in beta. Not only that, but your ideas and suggestions can help shape Curvy3D into a truly great modeling package.

Simon, the developer, is a unique person. He is one of those rare programmers that is also an artist. Even so, he is not that familiar with traditional modeling packages. Because of this, Simon is truly creating a unique package that is not the same as all the others out there. Even so, we, who are more familiar with various 3D applications, can help him see how some things should or could be done. He especially needs help (in my oppinion) with workflow and UI ideas.

So, head on over to:

http://www.Curvy3D.com

And please visit the Curvy3D forum (http://www.curvy3d.com/forum/)
Dan_Silverman

Postby Boris » Wednesday 15. September 2004, 14:58

Thanks Dan! I've placed my wish to become beta tester on Simon's forum. This will maybe a chance to get it "openminded" for Realsoft and vice versa.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby balmu » Monday 31. January 2005, 06:13

What is curvy is it a good modeller
balmu

Postby Boris » Monday 31. January 2005, 21:30

I tried a bit with this program and it doesn't suited a bit to my modelling workflow. I don't wanna give a wrong impression of the program without knowing it concretely but for my concerns RS is the ultimative tool and I don't need any other modelling software.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby mykyl1966 » Tuesday 1. February 2005, 00:47

I use Curvy3D all the time. (I do have a more advanced version than most).

I have used it for about 18 months now from the very early no interface alpha version through to the current beta that I have installed.

Currently it is suited to still image models rather than models that will be animated. For this it is faster than any other modeller I know.

The future pro version will address many issues that some folks have brought up.

This is the latest image I am working on in the current version I have. 100% Curvy with some later postwork in The Gimp v2.

This is more my style of model but as you can see, hands are awkward to create so I usually bodge them. ;)

I will continue to use this application alongside any other applications I own.

Cheers

Mike R
mykyl1966

Postby Karl » Wednesday 2. February 2005, 16:09

Hehe, I like that image. Pretty strict color scheme, which I like. Has an artistic feel to it (as opposed to photoreal).
Karl

Return to Off-Topic