Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Website redesign/update

Website redesign/update

Moderator: onyx

Website redesign/update

Postby bt3d » Thursday 23. September 2004, 14:13

Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I've redesigned and updated my website.
It's not totally RS related so I think the OffTopic area is ok.
http://www.bt-3d.de
Just curious about some comments or thoughts.
Regards
Tim
bt3d

Postby rabe » Thursday 23. September 2004, 16:26

:lol: Hi,
it is very nice. I am 'neidisch'.

(See on page "news" - there are some "Tippfehler":
... die aktuellen Ausgabe ... and
... Fordern Sie Ihre Exemplar ...)

Greetings
rabe

Postby arjo » Thursday 23. September 2004, 16:36

Hi Tim,

The design is very nice.
But I think it would be better if not so many new windows would open. Within a few minutes my whole desktop gets cluttered with windows.

Arjo.
arjo

Postby Boris » Thursday 23. September 2004, 16:38

that's very nice that you posted the link to your website here. The demoreel is very cool ... poor sheep gets hit :cry: ... Is there a chance to see also the long version of the reel.
The shaders are very cool. I'll will use them for sure. The multipass tutorial is an absolutely must. It is a very good way to understand the use and the power of channels
One crit though: Could you maybe think of an alternative of the use of javascript for opening the pics in the gallery. After the latest security update for firefox this feature is disabled by default and the images won't open. OK ... it's no problem to change the settings in firefox but this security update has it's reason and I have javascript also disabled in IE.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby bt3d » Thursday 23. September 2004, 18:40

Hey,
thanks all for the nice feedback. There are some interesting points.
Rabe: Thanks for pointing this out. I think you mean the news section of www.bt-grafik.de , or am I wrong? This site has been done by my partner and I will send him an email.
Arjo: Very interesting that you have so many windows. They should close everytime you open a new one. Ah, wait a moment, you are right, you might have used the backwards button of the browser to navigate, in this case the script doesn't work. Anyway, also Boris had problems with the firewall and the script, so I think it will be better to create another, simpler solution to show the images.
Boris: There will be a longer version of the reel in future. But it will take some time, because ,as you maybe know , 'yourself is the worst and most critical client' ;) And, as mentioned above, you are right, there should be simpler solution to view the images.
Thanks again,
Tim
bt3d

Postby Karl » Friday 24. September 2004, 06:13

I have to agree on the "show image" thingy; I really hate Javascript. In my Opera the popup blocker stops it to get rid of all the ads around, and the same with my popup stopper for IE. If images are opened this way, I usually just navigate back instead of turning off my Popup killer. Link directly to images; simple, fast, efficient, and works on everything... :)
Karl

Postby arjo » Friday 24. September 2004, 06:31

bt3d wrote:Hey,

Arjo: Very interesting that you have so many windows. They should close everytime you open a new one. Ah, wait a moment, you are right, you might have used the backwards button of the browser to navigate, in this case the script doesn't work. Anyway, also Boris had problems with the firewall and the script, so I think it will be better to create another, simpler solution to show the images.
Tim

No it's not the images it's when I open subjects like the abstract series. Some subjects open in the main window others open in their own window. But maybe you just mean to present some subjects in it's own way and I should just close the subject after watching.

Arjo.
arjo

Postby onyx » Friday 24. September 2004, 16:10

Really good design of the site.
Demoreel - great. It could be the Realsoft's reel. ;)
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby bt3d » Saturday 25. September 2004, 08:49

Thanks again for the good feedback.
Karl: The show image script will definitly be replaced by a simpler solution asap.
Arjo: Ok, I see what you mean, but it's correct that that the art series links open a new window. The shaders will be included into the main site in near future. I think it's a good solution to open an extra window for the art series, although they maybe have to get a redesign also.
Onyx: Thank you very much. But the reel as RS-reel would be a cheat/fake package because it included not only RS stuff. I'm also working with LW and sometimes other renderengines like aqsis or lightscape. That's the reason why I post it here in the off topic area.
Regards
Tim
bt3d

Postby onyx » Saturday 25. September 2004, 11:56

I should say: "Realsoft parts from your reel could be a Realsoft3D reel" :)
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby bt3d » Monday 27. September 2004, 16:55

Hi all,
I relaunched the site, now without javascript. Just plain html (I hope ;).
Onyx Thanks for the nice commendation.

Regards
Tim
bt3d

Postby arjo » Thursday 30. September 2004, 06:15

Hi Tim,

I think it's much better now. It seems to react more logical and fluidly now. And at least my pop blocker doesn't complain anymore :)

Arjo.
arjo

Return to Off-Topic