Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - just an illusion

just an illusion

Moderator: onyx

just an illusion

Postby Spliney » Sunday 20. February 2005, 14:35

Hi, have a look at this image. It has 2 marked areas (A and B) which have exactly the same grey scale value (check it, using PSP or PS).
Attachments
shadesofgrey.jpg
shadesofgrey.jpg (13.72 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
Spliney

Postby Robert » Sunday 20. February 2005, 23:42

Mmmh......... that's right :hmm:
Hi Robert, :)
please tell me, how do you do that with this exactly same shadowcolor.
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby Robert » Monday 21. February 2005, 03:03

Here is another illusion and the *.r3d projekt :wink:
Attachments
illusion.jpg
illusion.jpg (46.51 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
illusion.zip
(7.47 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Bye,
Robert
Robert

Postby Spliney » Monday 21. February 2005, 08:01

Hi Robert,

I cant answer your question. The image is not mine: i found it on a dutch website and I was puzzled by the illusion :)
Your project is great too! thanks for sharing ! :)
Spliney

Postby Timo » Saturday 26. February 2005, 08:43

It's just your visual cortex doing it's work, telling you that the darker tiles in the shadow are the same color as the darker tiles in the light (even if they don't emit the same amount of light).
Composition also plays a big part, you can't see a shadowed bright tile side to side with a lit dark tile.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby Robert » Saturday 26. February 2005, 23:01

Hello boys and ......girl ? ( i don't know exist girls in this Community ?)
i've played around and here is a improved illusion and *.r3d project .
I hope you don't see the little mistake. it was to difficult to repair. :wink:
Attachments
illusion2.jpg
illusion2.jpg (92.5 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
illusion2.zip
(13.09 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Bye,
Robert
Robert

Postby Yogi » Saturday 26. February 2005, 23:29

Robert wrote:Mmmh......... that's right :hmm:
Hi Robert, :)
please tell me, how do you do that with this exactly same shadowcolor.

I've checked it. Interesting results.

First I created the models. Analytic cube and analytic cylinder. Standard checker material. Changed the blue color to RGB(127 127 127). Then I placend an ambient light with an intensity of 0,5 in the scene and disabled the flashlight of the camera. So, every white square has the same color: RGB(127 127 127). Then I placed a parallel light into the scene and adjusted the intensity something to 0,84. The squares inside the shadow doesn't change their color, because realsoft uses a very simple raytracer. ;-) No GI, Radiosity or something like this. If you disable the ambient light, the whole shadow is purely black. But the dark sqare "A" are brighten up to RGB(127 127 127)!

But then I looked deeper into the image. They don't use a parallel light. They are using a point light! And this leads to an interesting behavor of the point light. Sqares near the light source are brighter then sqares farer away. So, it is very difficult to set the intensity of the point light to a value that the whole sqare "A" is of the same color. I only get this result if I move the point light far away. But then the shadow looks like more a shadow of a parallel light source. Don't know how to solve it. If you analyse the original picture, there is the same effect. Perhaps it is possible to solve it by choosing other colors for the material or playing around with the film density. Who knows?
Yogi

Postby fre_ber » Sunday 27. February 2005, 12:57

Robert wrote:I hope you don't see the little mistake. it was to difficult to repair. :wink:

I think that the first thing that caught my eye was that mistake, nevertheless, a nice model. :)
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Return to Off-Topic