Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Steel Manequin

Steel Manequin

Moderator: TheRookie

Steel Manequin

Postby TheRookie » Saturday 10. July 2004, 10:14

Here is a quick Model and Skeleton Rig I put together to demonstrate skeleton control of analytical objects for a question posed by Eckart Schilp. You can download the model and play about with it for poses and animation it would be nice if anyone posted anything they created back to this thread. Thanks.

Click here to download the model

Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby TheRookie » Saturday 10. July 2004, 10:17

Here is an animation of the mannequin dropping to the ground from an overhead rail. There is a slight stutter in the middle of the animation that I havent fixed up for this demo. The animation was made up and created by hand, no motion tracing.

Click here to play the animation

Last edited by TheRookie on Saturday 10. July 2004, 10:30, edited 2 times in total.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby onyx » Saturday 10. July 2004, 10:26

Nice! The animation is really cool - very good body move.

And thanks for the model, mate. :) I'll try to make a pose with it.
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby Admin » Saturday 10. July 2004, 11:11

Cool :) This mannequin cries loud "Make a session with me".
I've created a new session forum and Frank will moderate it.
Much fun!!
I moved this thread to the "Mannequin in Motion" Forum
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Navarre » Saturday 10. July 2004, 13:37

Just to give credits where credits are due: I didn't pose the the original question, that did Matthew Hagerty, I just answered it - although too slow and not in such a perfect way like Frank. I always find it astonishing what you can achieve with relative low complex models/obejcts :)
It's a pity my holiday is over an I won't have much time next week to do something with it :cry:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Navarre

Postby Guest » Saturday 10. July 2004, 17:08

Franks example really helped me out, as did everyone's posts. My model is a little different and I'll post it here as soon as I get it complete.

For anyone who's interested in what I'm doing, my manequin (robot) is going to be the main character in a game I'm writing for my 2-year-old daughter. She saw Asimo (Honda's walking robot) on TV about a month ago and ever since then she is robot crazy. As for me, I have always loved graphics but somehow wound up writing database business apps for a living (yuck), so I'm using this as an excuse to maybe jump-start a new career direction in games.

The game is also an excuse to hopefully start using Realsoft 3|D for more than just an amusement whenever I may have had a few minutes. Afterall I've owned it since version 3.0 on the Amiga, and paid for upgrades ever since! I should be a Realsoft pro by now, but as you can see, I could not even get a simple skeleton model working on my own... I'm very old school too, using analytics as much as possible. I can't get SDS to do what I want, and applying textures and mapping to them (in specific places) is totally confusing me.

Anyway, I'll try to get some images and some walking sequence animations posted soon.

Thank for all the help!
Matthew

Postby Beg-inner » Saturday 10. July 2004, 19:51

Hi Frank m8..

That looks "Drop down gorgeous" !=) Nicely animated..
Cool model too..
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Postby Beg-inner » Saturday 10. July 2004, 22:40

Here is a Two duelants Posed...
Attachments
Franks_Dummy_Model_09.JPG
Franks_Dummy_Model_09.JPG (11.21 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Postby TheRookie » Saturday 17. July 2004, 08:06

Thanks for the comments Onyx, Boris and Navarre they are very much appreciated.

Mathew: That sounds like a very intresting project and the best of luck with it. Is the game going to use pre-rendered animation sequences or are you going to be trying to export model and animation data? and if so how?

Stef: Hehe nice on m8, its the steel mannequin karette kid :)
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby Guest » Sunday 12. September 2004, 10:51

can anyone submit the model fot realsoft 3d v2.25 please, or is there a way to get it to work in my version?

Postby Guest » Sunday 12. September 2004, 10:55

whoops i mean't v4.25

Postby TheRookie » Sunday 12. September 2004, 12:53

I'm afraid there is no option to save to Realsoft 4.2 from 4.5 :( can you load any part of the model file at all?
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby Guest » Monday 13. September 2004, 06:49

no I can't, can I get an upgrade from v4.25 to v4.5?

Postby Spliney » Monday 13. September 2004, 10:54

Yes you can get an upgrade. You will have to contact Realsoft Oy for that :)
Spliney

Postby TheRookie » Monday 13. September 2004, 20:41

You can but it costs 600e so make sure that Realsoft 3D is the right package for you first m8
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Return to week session - Mannequin in Motion