Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Colin Theys - THOG

Colin Theys - THOG

The animation challenge will be held for a period of 6 months. The topic is free.
Start a thread here beginning with a description what you want to make. A storyboard would be cool but is not obligation. Post your sketches, test renderings, test animations.

Moderators: Boris, vikingboy, Axel

Postby jounihat » Friday 19. March 2004, 11:24

Great! Now it works, and is extremely beautiful, though I kinda liked the black screen sections. The sound wave is ok, too.
Jouni Hätinen

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end, and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry
jounihat

Postby colintheys » Sunday 28. March 2004, 08:22

:D Thog will be screening at the Ivy Film Festival April 9th - 11th at Brown University! I am very excited. This is my first film festival and certainly the first time a movie of mine has been screened at one. The festival will show 30 undergraduate films from around the nation (and some from overseas) this year. Find out more at http://www.ivyfilmfestival.com
colintheys

Postby onyx » Sunday 28. March 2004, 11:41

Wow! Congratulations, Colin!
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby TheRookie » Sunday 28. March 2004, 12:51

Congratulations Colin that's great news I hope you do well in it and get some nice big audiences.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby colintheys » Tuesday 13. April 2004, 18:23

Yay! Back from the Ivy Film festival. Thog actually won Best Undergraduate Animation. I'm still in shock. Interestingly, all of the animations this year were 3d, except a graduate animation from Korea that was 3d made to look 2d with creative textures (and some 2d animation on 3d planes). it was great fun!

-Colin
colintheys

Postby Guest » Thursday 15. April 2004, 20:58

Well, the latest news is that Thog is gone. :cry: The hard drive died last week and it's been in various recovery attempts ever since then, with little success. I decided to try to go back to my DVDs to recover the animation, only to discover that apparently my DVD writer also had a problem and recorded garbage to the discs for about 30 seconds of the animation. So, my last chance is to try to get my minidv screening copy back from the ivy festival and just be satisfied with the reduced quality. If that fails, I still have the divx version on my website... Either way, the full-res copy is gone for good and it is now officially an NTSC animation.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Previous

Return to 1st Animation challenge