Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Known problems with Linux version

Known problems with Linux version

Moderator: odubtaig

Known problems with Linux version

Postby zaug » Saturday 2. October 2004, 10:56

A residual effect of Real's crashiness I have been experiencing is the need to re-load the project many times; and, although I had thought about it before, it really started to wear on me having to either type (not one of my greater talents) in the whole project path from scratch or got through a clicking marathon to get from the default directory, in my case my home directory, to where I actually keep my project files. I tried making a link to the project directory in my home directory awhile back but it did not seem to work. It is also the case that even when loading (changing) texture files, Realsoft, again, goes to the home directory. It seems that it should go to the directory that the texture listed in the material properties window is contained in. To make things even more interesting, on rare occasions when Real is started up the project load requester defaults to the actual directory that my projects are in. Selective memory ?

With all due respect the file requester seems more primitive than the one in version 1.1.4 under AmigaDOS 2.1.

I will add that my granted request (Low bow toward Vesa !!!) for mouse wheel support coming in version 5 should provide more than a little relief for my overworked index finger.

Anyway, my questions are:

Is there a place to set the default directories that I am overlooking ?

Can the motif settings be changed to single mouse clicks ? I do not think that there any uses of double clicks that this would interfere with.

Any other thoughts on these issues ?

Zaug
zaug

Postby Guest » Saturday 2. October 2004, 11:26

Hi Zaug, I waiting for mouse wheel support, too. I think mouse wheel and graphic tablet support would be nice features everybody needs. A tip about your texture directory is to set a releative path like "../Textures/sampletexture.bmp" (or something like that) for textures. I save all my project related textures in a subdirectory "Texture" in the project files directory and setup relative pathes in the project file for textures.

Marc

Postby zaug » Saturday 2. October 2004, 12:46

Hello Marc,
This works for Real to find the textures but the file requester still defaults to my home directory. Is there a place to set the paths? The only place I can find any opportunity to specify paths is in the file: /usr/local/realsoft3d/resources/Realsoft3D
but none of them are for texture or project directories.
Am I missing something ?

Zaug
zaug

Postby Guest » Monday 4. October 2004, 13:33

Hi Zaug,
on the main window of rs3d choose the options pulldown menu and select window button. Now you can custom your rs3d with the "Classes" tab. But you have to search for yourself or ask at realsoft.

Marc

Postby zaug » Tuesday 5. October 2004, 12:43

Hello Marc,
Yes, it is there and many other goodies besides. Unfortunately the settings contained in this window do not get saved. I have let Vesa know and he confirmed it. A couple of weeks ago I was attempting to set the decimal places to four and I like the "three-field" value input better as well. Additionally, I just tested changing a value under classes (coordinate handle length) and saved both as startup and as an environment and upon restarting Real and loading either of these the value was not preserved.

Another hope for v5 ? ;)

Zaug
zaug

Can't load images

Postby geo » Friday 18. February 2005, 10:02

Hi guys - fed up with my problems yet?

I'll start a new thread as this one is bugging me. I still can't load any image format into RS except .bmp. As soon as I load a .jpg or .tga the program just exits. This happens when loading an image into the image area, or into a vsl object.

I'm using RS 26.43. I've upgraded to Mandrake 10.2 Beta to try to solve it but it makes no difference. Happens with KDE and IceWM. This Mandrake Beta recognises my ATI Radeon, but I suspect it isn't doing hardware acceleration properly.

The images work fine in gimp or kuikshow.

Any ideas?

George
geo

Postby Guest » Friday 18. February 2005, 15:27

Have this problem, too. Can only load bmp into a vsl texture object. Can you check the channel bindings for rgba. If they be set in vsl texture object. It's problematic if you need a texture format with an alpha channel. I think we have to wait until this bug is fixed.
Marc

Postby fre_ber » Friday 18. February 2005, 20:58

What does the log file say?

I assume that you have read this: http://www.3ddart.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=274
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby MSchmeling » Saturday 19. February 2005, 09:49

Try to remove the psdformat plugin from the plugins folder. There is a known problem with it on Linux system, which I still haven't been able to fix. Perhaps you are running into this.
MSchmeling

Postby geo » Saturday 19. February 2005, 10:08

Ah so it's an old problem. I just assume everything I bump into is my linux illiteracy. I had no problems with this until I changed from Fedora to Mandrake. Will report back if I find anything interesting.

Thanks
Geo
geo

Postby fre_ber » Saturday 19. February 2005, 10:16

Great! I think that did it! Thanks a million. (Goes off to test distributed rendering once again.. :) )
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby Guest » Saturday 19. February 2005, 11:19

Oh yeah thanks, I forgot about it. Regards Marc
_________
I have no fault to find with those who teach geometry. That science is the only one which has not produced sects; it is founded on analysis and on synthesis and on the calculus; it does not occupy itself with probable
truth; moreover it has the same method in every country.
--- Frederick the Great

Missing shared libraries

Postby jounihat » Saturday 26. February 2005, 17:25

/home/jouni/Realsoft3D/bin/Realsoft3D: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
rm: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have glibc 2.3.4 installed, and those libraries come with it, but where does Realsoft read shared libraries from? I tried to symlink them to /usr/lib, but it didn't help.
Jouni Hätinen

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end, and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry
jounihat

Postby Guest » Saturday 26. February 2005, 18:00

Hi, what you try is to start the binary of RS3D directly. Try the script realsoft3d in your directory /home/jouni/Realsoft3D. This script is linked to /usr/bin/realsoft3d, if you installed the program as root, what you not did. If this does not work open the script in a simple text editor and change the variable INSTALLDIR=/usr/local/realsoft3d to INSTALLDIR=/home/jouni/Realsoft3D, the directory you installed as user. Now it should work. Hm, I hope.

Short thing about shared objects, at your linux system exist a runtime linker for this libraries. Every time you install libraries from rpm or deb packages the program /sbin/ldconfig is running after installation of the libs. This will keep up to date a database including all libraries, which be installed at your system. If you install libraries from sources you sometimes have to run it manual as root. The simple text file /etc/ld.so.conf will keep a list of all directories, where ldconfig should search about shared objects (for windows user: .so this is the equivalent to dll's). If you add libraries, you won't install to the standard library directories, like /usr/lib, you have to add them to the file /etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig as root after doing this. This is the way all newer Linux distros will handle this. The old way was to add every directory for libraries to the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/some_other_dirs_for_example. If your start an application, which needs a shared object, the runtime linker will manage this on new Linux distros. (I hope it's correct what I've written :? ) Regards Marc
Last edited by Guest on Saturday 26. February 2005, 18:21, edited 2 times in total.

Postby odubtaig » Saturday 26. February 2005, 18:01

Well, mine's in /lib/ and RS3D can find it fine, which distro are you using? Try 'whereis libpthread.so.0' and see what turns up.

Edit: Of course, if you'll excuse me I think I'll go to bed early tonight :roll:

regards, Paul
odubtaig

Next

Return to Realsoft for Linux