Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Useful tips for RS3D Linux users

Useful tips for RS3D Linux users

Moderator: odubtaig

Postby zaug » Saturday 5. February 2005, 11:59

That is very strange. Do I dare suggest a re-install ? 8[ Or you might try opening a project containing correctly functioning grids with just replace, selected sections, grids checked. I have posted one here:

www.catmtn.com/rsgrids.r3d

Hope this helps.

Zaug
zaug

Postby geo » Monday 7. February 2005, 09:38

yes your file works thanks. It' seems to have been a problem only with one file - created from an .obj import. If I load it into your file and save as something else all is well.

Thanks
geo

unable to select compass menu

Postby onero » Sunday 20. February 2005, 15:48

I recently got my realsoft 3d linux version, I was going through every thing in tuts but when I came across the compass selection, I am able to select smaller radius labels but not the higher radius ones why.

To be very precise:=> I drag my mouse with right button down, I get the compass menu, now by moving around I am able to select inner labels but if at same angle two labels are there(two radius same angle) I am not able to select the outer label even if I move farther out. Help me.. one more thing where can i go through all the bugs prevailing in the linux version. :oops:
onero

Postby Robert » Sunday 20. February 2005, 17:21

Hi onero,
you can change the options for the compass menu in File / Perferences / Window.... /Classes / Compass Input Device

To put the mouse pointer to the top of the needle, change the mouse speed to 1.00 and to change the size of the menu take the Radius options.
Attachments
window.jpg
window.jpg (63.73 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby Guest » Sunday 20. February 2005, 20:47

What you mean is, that the resolution of your screen is to small to pull the compass pointer over the outer compass buttons.
Attachments
compass_options.jpg
compass_options.jpg (52.9 KiB) Viewed 2548 times

How can I save the UV image on the UV editor

Postby Guest » Monday 21. February 2005, 16:36

Thank's a bunch, It worked. Every thing is working fine for me, except the libavi thing where can i get this rpm. Also How can I save the UV image on the UV editor. So that I can work on that for texturing. Thank's once again for your help.

Postby Guest » Tuesday 22. February 2005, 13:08

Hi unknown one, I am not sure if they provide avilib but look at http://www.livna.org/. To save an image from your uv edtior view, open GIMP in this wonderfull multithreading OS on a second desktop and make a screen shot of the uv editor window. Now you can edit the image.
Regards Marc
_______
"To knock a thing down, especially if it is cocked at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight to the blood."
--- George Santayana

Postby Boris » Tuesday 22. February 2005, 20:55

Anonymous wrote: .. Also How can I save the UV image on the UV editor. So that I can work on that for texturing ... .

I make a screenshot of the opened uv-editor and resize it in the imagemanipulation program.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Switch from GL shaded view to GL wireframe with compass menu

Postby Guest » Saturday 26. February 2005, 16:04

A short description how to make OpenGL accelerated wire frame mode be accessible through the "view compass -> wire frame" button.

First switch to OpenGL shaded view mode. Next open the "View Properties" window and select the draw tab. There is a small button labeled "shaded". But first choose the "Macro Recording" tab of the selection window (look at screenshots). Check "Named Macros" and search for the macro "view:wire frame". Delete it by clicking the right mouse button and choose "delete named".

Next click the "Record" button for macro recording. Unselect the the shaded button in the "View Properties" window (, which you've opened at the beginning of my description) and after that click the macro "Record" button again. (Look at the second screen shot)

Now a macro named "current" should show up. Rename it to "view:wire frame" (without the quotes) and press enter. The renamed macro should appear under "Named Macros". If you now use the compass menu to switch between shaded mode and wire frame, you should always use the OpenGL acceleration for both view modes.
Regards Marc
Attachments
wireframeview_01.jpg
wireframeview_01.jpg (38.22 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
wireframeview_02.jpg
wireframeview_02.jpg (45.28 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
wireframeview_03.jpg
wireframeview_03.jpg (16.84 KiB) Viewed 2510 times

RS3D is missing libr3tt.so

Postby Guest » Monday 28. February 2005, 18:35

I started RS3D Linux from console and got this error message:
function R3LibraryInit not found in library /usr/local/realsoft3d/plugins/libr3tt.so

Just ignore this message at the moment. It will cause no problems.

Install and use other icon sets with RS3D Linux

Postby Guest » Monday 28. February 2005, 18:51

Original message from Juha:
There is a 32x24 icon set available at the software updates page. These larger icons should work better with higher screen resolutions.

To install, gunzip and tar -x -f in realsoft3d/r3icon folder.

This results a new folder realsoft3d/r3icon/default_32_24

To ask the program to use the larger icons, enter:

realsoft3d -icon default_32_24

Regards Marc :D

Postby jounihat » Monday 28. February 2005, 20:17

This helps for the topmost icons, but the ones in the selection window and on the right side of the screen are still too small, not to mention the background of titles, which make the text almost unreadable.
Jouni Hätinen

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end, and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry
jounihat

Howto change GUI font size or GUI color

Postby Guest » Wednesday 2. March 2005, 17:01

This howto describes how to change the font, font size or the color of the GUI of RS3D for Linux.
First browse to the installation directory of RS3D on your computer. For example "/usr/local/realsoft3d". Their exist a directory "./resources" - open it and in this directory exist a ASCII file "./Realsoft3D". Open this file with a text editor after you've made a backup of it. The header of the text file should look like this:
Realsoft3D*fontList: *-helvetica-medium-r-*--10-*

;Realsoft3D*usePrivateColormap: True
Realsoft3D*applicationDepth: 24

Realsoft3D*background: grey
Realsoft3D*conflictColor: light slate grey

;Realsoft3D*sgiMode: True
;Realsoft3D*useSchemes: all
;Realsoft3D*scheme: Base

;Realsoft3D*plugIns: /usr/share/lib/realsoft
;Realsoft3D*App Paths.tclLibs: /usr/share/lib/realsoft/tcl

Change the first line to
Realsoft3D*fontList: *-helvetica-bold-r-*--12-*

for example. Now if you save and restart RS3D the size of the font should be 12 and its a bold font. Choose only a fonts you have installed. To change the color of the GUI you have to change this line to
Realsoft3D*background: dark olive green

for example to get a "dark olive green" GUI. Use a color from the list below.
Attachments
motif_color.jpg
motif_color.jpg (76.62 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
changed_font.jpg
changed_font.jpg (57.14 KiB) Viewed 2511 times

Howto modify ALT key in KDE window manager for RS3D

Postby Guest » Wednesday 2. March 2005, 17:46

If you use KDE as window manager you have to modify the default ALT key setting for windows on the desktop, else the key will not work for RS3D. Gnome users should download the modified metacity rpm from the Linux download page.

Open the application "./kcontrol" now the KDE control center should appear on your desktop. The first picture shows the default settings, the second the settings which work for RS3D. Change it to this.

I made the screenshots of the window with language setting "Great Britain (UK)" on KDE 3.3.x.
Attachments
kcontrol_default.jpg
kcontrol_default.jpg (98.29 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
kcontrol_rs3d.jpg
kcontrol_rs3d.jpg (97.79 KiB) Viewed 2502 times

Postby zaug » Wednesday 2. March 2005, 21:05

Metamorpheus,
Nice of you to take the time to post this. Although I knew how to make these changes I had not bothered to google for a list of the possible colors, quite handy to have.

Thank you,

Zaug
zaug

PreviousNext

Return to Realsoft for Linux