Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Useful tips for RS3D Linux users

Useful tips for RS3D Linux users

Moderator: odubtaig

Alt-Key and the Windowmanager Blackbox

Postby Yogi » Wednesday 2. March 2005, 21:32

Windowmanager: Blackbox

I am using the window manager Blackbox on my linux-box. If you press the button "Rollen", or on english keyboards I think it's called "Sroll" or something like that, on the upper right side of the keyboard, a light of the three keyboard lights will lid up. Then the pressing of the Alt-Key is directly routed to the active window. So in Realsoft3D you are able to simply rotate the view like under Windows. If you again pressing "Rollen"/"Sroll", then again Blackbox will catch the Alt-Key and you can control the size and position of the windows. Under Blackbox, you don't need a special tool or a special configuration for this. It simply works out of the box. I think, this is the best solution for this problem.

It could be possible to use this under Fluxbox, because Fluxbox is based on Blacbox.

BTW: Nice thread. It would be nice, if there would be a web-site were I simply choose my windowmanager to see the solution for this problem for my windowmanager.
Yogi

Postby Guest » Thursday 3. March 2005, 08:56

From the readme.html of RS3D pre-V5:
AVI support for V5

Realsoft3D uses the avifile library for writing to and reading from avi format files. This library is developed at sourceforge and can be dowloaded from there.
There many dependencies in the avifile rpm files so installation on another distribution can be difficult.

Realsoft startup scripts (realsoft3d, showimg, etc.) add '/usr/local/lib' path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. This is where the avifile should get installed by default. If you have installed avifile into some other directory the program prints error 'libaviplay-0.7.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'. Just add path to the avifile library to LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to fix the problem.

Note that you can render animations even if you don't have avifile installed. Realsoft3D allows you to render animations as a sequence of indexed images (test001.ppm, test0002.ppm) which you can then compress to mpeg or avi format using your favourite 3rd party utility.

Useful tips for RS3D Linux users

Postby Guest » Saturday 5. March 2005, 16:30

Hi, I merged all the topics around RS3D Linux into this one, for a better overview in the main Linux forum. This topic is locked, so if you have some tips make a new topic and I will merge it to this one (If it´s useful).
Regards Marc

More config file tinkering

Postby Timo » Tuesday 15. March 2005, 23:39

/usr/local/realsoft3d/resources/Realsoft3D can be used for more than just changing colors: most of the motif annoyances can actually be changed.
Here's an enlightening tutorial for nedit: http://www.nedit.org/technotes/looks-1.php.
The same principles work for RS.
Here's what I have in mine now:
Code: Select all
Realsoft3D*enableThinThickness:                          True
Realsoft3D*enableToggleVisual:                           True
Realsoft3D*enableToggleColor:                            True
Realsoft3D*XmToggleButton.indicatorSize:                 11
Realsoft3D*enableEtchedInMenu:                           True
Realsoft3D*XmMenuShell*XMTearOffButton*ShadowThickness:  2
Realsoft3D*.text.backGround:                             white
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

More linux config hacks

Postby Timo » Saturday 19. March 2005, 22:47

More stuff for /usr/local/realsoft3d/resources/Realsoft3D

To set name & company for the about window, use:
Realsoft3D.User.Name:    foo
Realsoft3D.User.Company: bar

(why aren't these asked during the install procedure ?)

Any ideas how to set the main view BG color separately from the GUI BG ?
It's included in Realsoft3D*DrawingArea.background, but I have no idea what the widget name might be.
Realsoft3D*View*DrawingArea.background works for the view window, but not for the main view.
Timo

Even more motif hacking

Postby Timo » Friday 1. April 2005, 23:05

/usr/local/realsoft3d/resources/Realsoft3D again....

Normal main view bg and compass text color:
Realsoft3D.TopForm.GadgetForm.XmForm.TopForm.GadgetForm.XmForm.TopForm.DrawingArea.background: red
Realsoft3D.TopForm.GadgetForm.XmForm.TopForm.GadgetForm.XmForm.TopForm.DrawingArea.foreground: yellow

Quad main view bg and compass text color:
Realsoft3D*Quad*DrawingArea.background: red
Realsoft3D*Quad*DrawingArea.foreground: yellow

View window bg and compass text color:
Realsoft3D.View.TopForm.GadgetForm.XmForm.TopForm.DrawingArea.background: red
Realsoft3D.View.TopForm.GadgetForm.XmForm.TopForm.DrawingArea.foreground: yellow

UV editor bg and compass text color:
Realsoft3D.UV.TopForm.GadgetForm.UV Editor.TopForm.DrawingArea.background: red
Realsoft3D.UV.TopForm.GadgetForm.UV Editor.TopForm.DrawingArea.foreground: yellow

Tab margins:
Realsoft3D*GadgetForm*Tab.xMargin: 1
Realsoft3D*GadgetForm*Tab.yMargin: 1
Timo

Postby Timo » Saturday 2. April 2005, 00:08

Here's one more, it fixes title text vertical aligment (like selectwindow, advanced, animation):
Realsoft3D.TopForm.GadgetForm.XmForm.TopForm.GadgetForm.XmForm.TopForm.GadgetForm.XmForm.TopForm.GadgetForm.XmForm.TopForm.DrawingArea.bottomOffset: -2

Here's a screenshot from my current environment.
Last edited by Timo on Sunday 3. April 2005, 12:53, edited 2 times in total.
Timo

Postby Timo » Saturday 2. April 2005, 00:34

And to top it off, here's the RS3D icon ripped from the windows ver:
Timo

I can top that! ;)

Postby MacSlow » Saturday 2. April 2005, 02:33

How about this:

Here's my current UI with all those motif-tweaks applied (click the image for fullsize):

Best regards...

MacSlow
Last edited by MacSlow on Monday 4. April 2005, 22:36, edited 8 times in total.
MacSlow

Postby Guest » Saturday 2. April 2005, 17:49

Hi MacSlow, please keep your image size smaller. I need some time to load this topic and I do not use a telephone line with modem (but in the past I did), thanks. I removed this point in the topic.
Marc F. Bayer

Postby zaug » Saturday 2. April 2005, 23:20

Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 07:34 PM

Timo typed:
And to top it off, here's the RS3D icon ripped from the windows ver:

I started on this last week after Timo asked me if I had an icon, and seeing that he posted one I thought I had better finish it off.

Zaug
Attachments
logoicon-s.png
logoicon-s.png (5.24 KiB) Viewed 2929 times
zaug

Previous

Return to Realsoft for Linux