Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Fedora Core 4 - libr3system.so Start Up Error

Fedora Core 4 - libr3system.so Start Up Error

Moderator: odubtaig

Fedora Core 4 - libr3system.so Start Up Error

Postby fsbwuvar » Monday 3. October 2005, 05:42

Hello.

I installed Realsoft3D demo version (realsoft3d-5.1.40-demo-linux-i386.sh) on Fedora Core 4 and it appeared to install correctly (installation proceeded with no error messages or warnings).

When I try to start the application through a command line call in a terminal window i receive the following error message and the application doesn't start:

/usr/local/realsoft3d/bin/Realsoft3D: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/realsoft3d/lib/libr3system.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

How can I run the Realsoft3D demo version on Fedora Core 4?

I would appreciate any help with this matter.

Cheers.
fsbwuvar

RE: Fedora Core 4 - libr3system.so Start Up Error

Postby Timo » Monday 3. October 2005, 06:08

Are you running the binary directly or through /usr/local/realsoft3d/realsoft3d ? You shouldn't run the binaries, that's asking for trouble.
If that's not the case, I quess it could be a problem with file permissions. See if running the program as root helps.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby Guest » Monday 3. October 2005, 07:23

Thanks for the response, Timo.

I tried running the binary directly and through /usr/local/realsoft3d/realsoft3d, as root and as a non-root user, however, the same error message was displayed every time and the application would not start up.

Postby geo » Monday 3. October 2005, 07:37

This looks vaguely familiar. Have you installed c++ libraries? I can't remember the name of the package, but if you search for c++ in available packages there will be some library you can install. It's a package not installed automatically and I always forget when I reinstall linux that Realsoft needs it but I don't think it specifically asks for it.

You might find other problems - I can only work as root, and cannot work in KDE for example.
geo

Postby Timo » Monday 3. October 2005, 08:12

I googled a bit and found out this is a pretty common prob with SELinux in FC4, see:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=160106 and
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/338231
Timo

Postby Guest » Monday 3. October 2005, 14:38

Thanks geo and Timo.

I opened my "config" file located in /etc/selinux/ and changed the line reading

SELINUX=enforcing

to

SELINUX=disabled

I saved the file and restarted my PC.

I no longer have the aforementioned "error while loading shared libraries" problem and the Realsoft3D demo application starts up.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Cheers.

Postby Guest » Tuesday 4. October 2005, 06:19

i tried your suggestion of changing the selinux config file but it didn't work.

i'm also using fedora core 4.

the realsoft 3d demo still doesn't run.

help please.

Postby Guest » Tuesday 4. October 2005, 10:09

same here - doesn't run on FC4, even with SELINUX disabled. c++ libraries though could be related to the fix.

Postby Timo » Wednesday 5. October 2005, 07:46

Are you getting the same error ?
Timo

Postby Ville » Friday 18. November 2005, 08:32

I have the same problem with Ubuntu 5.10.
Even with root priviledges I cannot use RS.

Postby Timo » Friday 18. November 2005, 18:20

Would you guys mind telling what happens when you try to run RS ?
Timo

Return to Realsoft for Linux