Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Newbie questions/observations

Newbie questions/observations

Moderator: odubtaig

Newbie questions/observations

Postby JuhaS » Wednesday 12. July 2006, 11:05

Finally got around to installing Linux (Ubuntu 6.06) and RS on it.

It seems that mouse movement isn't relayed beyond screen border, if I for example try to translate or rotate an object? Very annoying, how to fix it?
EDIT: I guess it's not a RS problem but rather some missing option in my X configuration...

Also, it looks like the view to object does exactly the opposite, object to view? Works like expected in Windows. (Linux version 5.1.80)
EDIT: I had totally forgotten that the view to object and object to view are also available in the view pop-up menu, and work fine. The wrong behaviour is presented by fetch orientation in the View control bar.

I should probably note that I don't have libXm.so.4 (openmotif) so I just made a symbolic link to libXm.so.3. Also, ATI, so -stcanvas, Gnome. Any significance?

JuhaS
Last edited by JuhaS on Sunday 16. July 2006, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
JuhaS

RE: Newbie questions/observations

Postby Timo » Wednesday 12. July 2006, 13:12

I have the mouse movement problem too, dunno if there's a fix for it. The 'proper' solution would be to lock the cursor to its place during the drag. I also symlinked libXm.so, works fine here.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

RE: Newbie questions/observations

Postby JuhaS » Saturday 15. July 2006, 16:24

Well I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it. :) I don't know if this is an obvious tip for RS users on Gnome, haven't seen this one around at this forum and it took me some tinkering to find this out so I guess it might be useful:

To get rid of the ALT+RMB hassle in metacity, I used:

gconf-editor /apps/metacity/general/mouse_button_modifier

and removed (or replaced) the value <Alt> and the alt thing worked like it should.
JuhaS

Return to Realsoft for Linux