Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Speed Modelling Session #1 : Tools

Speed Modelling Session #1 : Tools

Every two weeks we will start a new Speed Modelling Session. The modelling time will be a fixed, but typically between 1 and 4 hours depending on the subject of the topic.
Threads in this forum can be only opened by the moderators. Post your entry as a reply in the thread containing the session.
The modelling time will be fixed but texturing and Rendering time will be free.
It would be nice if the Models are included with the entry for publishing in the download area of the Render Daemon, however if you would like to keep the model private simply include a wireframe rendering as a part of the entry.
Voting for the winner will be in the contest gallery open for all registered users.

Moderators: Boris, TheRookie

Postby TheRookie » Friday 24. December 2004, 22:03

Milkdrop a very simple but nice set of Alan Keys, and as you said a great job done on the lighting it does look very realistic. Nice job m8!

Very cool work O'DA some very good and fast models there, great work. Do you have some wires or project files for them?
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby Guest » Saturday 25. December 2004, 19:33

O'DA wrote:I am very pleased that you liked these images. Thanks.:)
I spread link on wireframe of the images.
http://www.realsoft3d.ru/images_temp/vobler_view.jpg
http://www.realsoft3d.ru/images_temp/forget_view.jpg
http://www.realsoft3d.ru/images_temp/titanic_view.jpg

PS to Milkdrop. I not so have understood of your question - "..... do you work
for realsoft? "

Postby TheRookie » Sunday 26. December 2004, 22:14

OK Guys that is the contest over! Great work by everyone I must say, there is a lot of very good work been posted up here terrific work all around. I will collect all the projects together too and post them as a community layers library.

Boris will be setting up a vote so we can pick out a winner for the contest. We will also be starting up a new contest for us all the first week of the new year.

If you want to post more models and pictures and speed models for tools please feel free and I will collect them into the community library. They will however obviously not be a part of the competition.

Top job everyone!
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby Admin » Wednesday 29. December 2004, 12:03

Welcome O'DA! That were very cool pics you posted there but they are away before I was able to download them. I'd like to put them in the voting gallery also. Could you mail them to me ... or just edit your threads and put in there the pics. If there are any hosting problems for pictures or avis just send them to me with mail and I'll upload them. Realsoft sponsored for such cases webspace.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby O'DA » Thursday 30. December 2004, 21:00

Admin wrote:Welcome O'DA! That were very cool pics you posted there but they are away before I was able to download them. I'd like to put them in the voting gallery also. Could you mail them to me ... or just edit your threads and put in there the pics. If there are any hosting problems for pictures or avis just send them to me with mail and I'll upload them. Realsoft sponsored for such cases webspace.
Thanks Boris
I simplly had not time to prolong hosting. But now I have
made it and all works normally:)

Happy new year
O'DA
Russia
O'DA

Finally

Postby Admin » Tuesday 11. January 2005, 20:51

Have a look here for the final Results at the Voting Gallery

Congratulations to Karl for winning the first speedmodelling session. Looks really very nice!
I also like the vobbler very much. Very nice 2nd place for O'DA
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Spliney » Wednesday 12. January 2005, 14:07

cool! Congrats to you Karl!
next time I will take more time for higher quality renderings of my objects ;)
Writing this, i realize that this makes it more like an image contest then a modeling contest, but I am OK with that.
Spliney

Postby Boris » Wednesday 12. January 2005, 16:47

Karl already started this discussion in another tread. I see the problem but if you make a voting like we do it now. People will vote for the thing that looks best at all. If you tell the voters to only look for the modelling only the half will do (the others would be also impressed by the good look of the overall rendering) and the votes would go more wrong. One point would be that only wireframe renderings are allowed. At least we have to change the concept of this competition which should be at first place only a bit fun.
Maybe one could also see in this session a competition to present simple things in the most impressive way. Like it was in this session. Nevertheless I think the hammerdriver was also very clean and nice modelled. But the good lighting and shading made it a little artwork.
I would be very interested what you all think. Do you think that we should change the concept?
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Karl » Thursday 13. January 2005, 00:42

Maybe put a timelimit on the scene setup as well? In my case, (I can't believe I actually won with that one - have another look at the 1 hour version) modelling was easy on the tool, but the box presented more than a few problems. Setting up the materials took a _looooooong_ while because of lots of experimenting that rarely turned out too well.

Maybe restrict to a wire-overlay render; no final renders allowed without using maybe a line postfx? That way, the modelling efforts would stay more in focus. Resulting renderings could be posted (moved?) to final work forum instead?
Karl

Postby Boris » Friday 14. January 2005, 20:57

What you think of changing the rules in that way:
- For lighting has to be used the advanced lightset of Layers - Light Sources
- custom shading and texturing of the mesh isn't allowed
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby zaug » Saturday 15. January 2005, 20:07

Perhaps have a default "stage" with some "GI" simulated via a dome like the one in Milkdrop's "modeling notes and Audi tt" thread. I think that this type of lighting is very flattering to untextured models. Additionally, on a metaphysical note, this sort of "constraint" or "limitation" sometimes has the effect of freeing your mind; providing better focus on the actual task. Art is "not", without limitations.
"Here is where you will be making your presentation, Mr. Dodd. The guests and reporters will begin arriving in about an hour."

So, when is the next competition ? %)

Zaug
zaug

Postby geo » Sunday 16. January 2005, 20:58

Hello all, I'm back from hols, chiz swiz.

Well for me the point of these things is fun and learning - and seeing how others deal with constraints. For me the more limitations the better. But if you're going to have votes and winners you need to have clear rules - though I don't think it matters too much as no one will spend three days modelling to win it - if anyone goes overtime it's to make something they are satisfied with.

So if it's a modelling session, I agree with Zaug - use a supplied stage and lighting rig limit texturing to colours.

But I would also like to see other types of sessions. For example "here is a cow in a meadow - you have 1 hour to light the scene." Or take this haiku:
"A flower burns with
Incandescant toadstool fire.
The grass is confused."
Now model it using 4 cubes and a sphere.

Or starting with an SDS pyramid, model the essence of fire.

Stopping now. Happy new year. Is Linux 5 nearly here?
geo

Postby Spliney » Sunday 16. January 2005, 21:27

I think its time for a new session...
Spliney

Postby Admin » Monday 17. January 2005, 18:06

Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Speed Modelling