Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Speed Modelling Session #2: Timepieces

Speed Modelling Session #2: Timepieces

Every two weeks we will start a new Speed Modelling Session. The modelling time will be a fixed, but typically between 1 and 4 hours depending on the subject of the topic.
Threads in this forum can be only opened by the moderators. Post your entry as a reply in the thread containing the session.
The modelling time will be fixed but texturing and Rendering time will be free.
It would be nice if the Models are included with the entry for publishing in the download area of the Render Daemon, however if you would like to keep the model private simply include a wireframe rendering as a part of the entry.
Voting for the winner will be in the contest gallery open for all registered users.

Moderators: Boris, TheRookie

Speed Modelling Session #2: Timepieces

Postby Admin » Monday 17. January 2005, 17:54

Welcome to the second Speed Modelling Session: TIMEPIECES

We did some changes of the rules for this session:

Modelling time: 2 hours
Image size: upto 800x600
Textures and Shaders: not allowed
Light setup: Four Point Light Sources

The Lightsetup you'll find in the RS menu in Layers - Light Sources - Four Point Light Sources.

Timepieces means everything which you can use for messuring the time.

Much Fun!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Wednesday 19. January 2005, 07:55

I guess we will see some clocks and watches and stuff. In that case, are we allowed to use textures for hour numbers?
Karl

Postby Boris » Wednesday 19. January 2005, 10:42

No you aren't allowed ... but you can make those numbers quite easy and fast with RS' fonttool :)
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby __yra » Wednesday 19. January 2005, 19:16

Has here is found interesting clockwork Image
The advanced clockwork of Leonardo da Vinci.
Hardly have done it within two hours. :D
Look all possible here http://www.henergy.kiev.ua/gal_mod/model25.html :D
__yra

Postby zaug » Wednesday 19. January 2005, 23:37

Very interesting (and fun to look at). Looks like you got as close on the tapered worm gears as they could be in reality; the ones in the illustration do not look like they would be quite possible. I noticed you left the small gear out at the bottom, did you deem it unnecessary for the device to function? But, wouldn't it be necessaryAre the gears SDS ? I am asking because making the main gear visible in the safe I modeled a couple of contests ago caused very long renders.
Hey, I am still waiting for the "mesh for cribble macadam" tutorial. ;)

Cheers,
Zaug

Zaug...........out
zaug

Postby __yra » Thursday 20. January 2005, 01:27

"..you deem it unnecessary for the device to function.." - I think that did has added device Leonardo runnable type :D
__yra

Postby jounihat » Thursday 20. January 2005, 18:21

Boris wrote:No you aren't allowed ... but you can make those numbers quite easy and fast with RS' fonttool :)

You mean the font tool that doesn't work in the Linux version? Great.
Jouni Hätinen

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end, and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry
jounihat

Postby zaug » Thursday 20. January 2005, 19:12

The font tool works on my Linux version. What version are you using. I am actually using one version back, 4.26.42 due to the lack of java function in 4.26.43. I do not remember trying the font tool in the .43 version as I had it installed for only a short time. If it is something that is a bug in the .43 version you could request the .42 version from Realsoft as they do not have it available on the website. I do no think that there are any improvements in the .43 version that you would be missing by going back to .42.
Otherwise tell me what is happening when you try to use the tool. It seems that the first time none of my fonts, true-type only for Real, would come up in the list, then trying it again they came up.

Zaug
zaug

Postby Boris » Thursday 20. January 2005, 21:21

@ __yra: that is a very nice idea to post a da Vinci here :) Cool work

@ jounihat: does anything work in your linux Realsoft? ;) sorry ... just joking. Do you get any errormessage or what doesn't work with the fonttool. Unfortunately (or not :twisted: ) I've got only the first prerelease of v5 (05.01.05) linux rs installed but here it works without problems. I've got freetype installed. If you consider to take part and won't get it work just drop me a mail and I send you the Nurbs curves of the fonts you need. I hope that extrude will work in your linux rs :)
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Milkdrop » Friday 21. January 2005, 18:40

well i busted my ass on this one. I spent nearly the full amount of time. It was a real struggle and rush coming at the end. I took the design of a basic kinetic seiko watch but minimalised it abit.

Hope you like.

Milkdrop

Postby Boris » Friday 21. January 2005, 21:07

also a very nice entry Milkdrop. Could you make a wireframe render or the project available?

I went for a typical german clock ;) the blackforest cuckoo clock. Modelling time was 90 minutes.

here is the project file (quite crowded and no naming of the several objects)

http://www.3ddart.org/boris/kuckucksuhr.zip
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Milkdrop » Friday 21. January 2005, 22:13

Boris, that probably isn't the last render. I shall spend another 15 mins adding some letters and neating out problem areas. I shall submit a project file, since there ain't very many V4.2 models.

That is also a very nice entry Boris. Nice edges on the objects as well.

I love these speed modelling challenges, they just seem to make me more effecient with realsofts modelling tools.

One day, i think we should have a VSL speed challenge where some one creates and object that needs texturing and lighting.
Milkdrop

Postby zaug » Monday 24. January 2005, 00:53

Just for a laugh.
A cesium atom.
Modeling time: 15 minutes.

Cheers,
Zaug
Attachments
cesium1.jpg
cesium1.jpg (26.53 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
zaug

An elder Timepiece ...

Postby bobalong » Wednesday 26. January 2005, 18:35

Hi Guys,

Yes the Hour Glass and the Sands of time. No texturing so you will have to use your imagination.

Modelling time: 20 minutes
Lighting time: 20 minutes
Rendering time: 5-6mins

Here is the mesh / RS3D File zipped with some messing around with GI and Post effects. Delete and replace as you see fit: http://tidalsound.com/3dstuff/timepiece.zip

Here is an attempt at GI'ing this Hour Glass:

http://tidalsound.com/3dstuff/timepiece4_GI2.jpg
Attachments
timepiece4.jpg
Hour Glass non textured
Aidan O Driscoll AKA Bobalong
timepiece4.jpg (30.47 KiB) Viewed 4681 times
Last edited by bobalong on Thursday 27. January 2005, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
bobalong

Postby Yogi » Wednesday 26. January 2005, 21:46

zaug wrote:Just for a laugh.
A cesium atom.
Modeling time: 15 minutes.

Cheers,
Zaug

Nice idea. My first idea goes in such a way. I've thought to model the base clock in Germany/Braunschweig. But I couldn't find a suitable picture. But to simply model the base cesium atom is a more deeper idea. Cool! :-)

You've choosen a strange perspective.
Yogi

Next

Return to Speed Modelling