Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Summertime final pic

Summertime final pic

Summertime final pic

Postby Timo » Friday 14. September 2007, 00:22

I'm stretching the topic a bit, but I got carried away =)

There's nothing that special about the image otherwise, but I rendered
a ton of passes and tweaked the final look in GIMP.
Passes:
    Key light diffuse and specular
    Fill light diffuse and specular
    Ambient occlusion
    SSS (actually just selfshadowing fog)
    Fake depth
    Skull mask
    Skull dirt (to fade it in with the ground)
    Dot product of normal and 0,1,0 (up)

The skull is a simple SDS model, as is the ground (although I added
some small pebbles with particles).

I'm quite happy with the final image, although it's a bit boring.
Attachments
Too_Much_Sun_Can_Hurt.jpg
Too much sun can hurt
Too_Much_Sun_Can_Hurt.jpg (110.76 KiB) Viewed 7939 times
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby Timo » Friday 14. September 2007, 00:30

Here's the skull model if someone wants to play with it.
Note that the normals might be a bit fscked.
Attachments
Skull.zip
(9.73 KiB) Downloaded 481 times
Timo

Postby Neico » Friday 14. September 2007, 09:47

Top image Timo,

Maybe parched in the desert, bleached white cracked bones ... total summer.

Thanks for the skull model.

Here's my final.
Attachments
Summer24-7.jpg
Summer24-7.jpg (239.37 KiB) Viewed 7893 times
Neico

Postby [bot.]sage » Friday 14. September 2007, 13:01

Very good image Timo. Thanks for sharing the model.
[bot.]sage

Postby Timo » Friday 14. September 2007, 13:29

Nice idea Neico, I'd love to have one of them reflectors pointing here in the winter ;)
Timo

Postby Quan » Friday 14. September 2007, 23:16

very nice entries!

the skull looks awesome!
the idea ist great, neico :)

I made a surrealistic image (wrong proportions; objects, that don't fit together and so on... I tried to give it a photorealistic look) ... compared with yours it is some kind of uncreative, I think.

the rendering, shading and lighting of your image takes my breath away, timo!!!
everything fits perfectly!
Quan

Postby fre_ber » Monday 17. September 2007, 19:47

Great idea, Neico - I have often proposed this very thing to remove the difficulties that time zones imply. Don't forget to send this concept image to NASA. (The funniest part is that someone pointed me to a real life article describing that this is actually done already! http://www.livescience.com/technology/ap_051121_winter_sun.html - we just need to scale it up just a tad)
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby Neico » Monday 17. September 2007, 23:54

Cheers Freb,

Ok, image off to NASA next thing .... change global warming to global sunburn. Miffed that some one might have already drawn it ... wonder if they used the best ... RealSoft3D!
Neico

Postby Beg-inner » Monday 1. October 2007, 01:24

Hi Timo..

Really cool render there..!
I like the shading of the skull and also the lighting and the cool mood of the scene..
Thx also for sharing the skull model !

Neico
Brilliant and illuminating idea..=)
Still I really love the seasons, the variations, I really wouldnt want summer and daytime always.. =)
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Postby Jojon » Monday 1. October 2007, 20:35

Well, missed the deadline, of course...again. :)

I'm posting the late result here anyway, so that the poor machine hasn't spent all those hours crunching numbers for nothing. One would think that with so many months, one should be able to get something decent done, rather than throw everything together the last few days. :)

Oh well, it didn't come out exactly well, at any rate. :7

V3.30, mostly solids. Planetary images and DEM from various space agencies, wallpaper from http://www.archibase.net/textures
Attachments
summerflatearth.jpg
summerflatearth.jpg (317.85 KiB) Viewed 7622 times
Jojon

Postby Neico » Monday 1. October 2007, 23:09

>Well, missed the deadline, of course...again. :)

I vote Jojon's image has not missed the deadline.
Neico

Postby Boris » Tuesday 2. October 2007, 17:54

:D
I vote the same like Neil. Please all ... keep in mind that I'll never refuse an entry as long the final voting isn't started. Even then it would be nice if you contact me ... maybe the voting time can be extended.
Jojon ... I hope you don't mind that I take your entry in the voting which will start tomorrow :)
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Jojon » Wednesday 3. October 2007, 19:40

Oh, I believe I can find a way to live with it. ;)

Thanks for the support guys! The more the merrier, eh? :)
Jojon

Postby Neico » Wednesday 3. October 2007, 19:55

>The more the merrier, eh?

I'm not sure about "more the merrier" ... I think it's a top image. Total fun. Must have been a blast to put together.
Neico

Return to Contest WIP