Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Blockbuster

Blockbuster

Postby Boris » Friday 12. August 2005, 22:42

I'm sure the rendertimes will be shortened with the right settings. Just post your settings and we will shorten it.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Blockbuster » Friday 12. August 2005, 23:56

here is my render settings i have used for the last pic.
The rendertime is at 2,0 hours.
I think this two property windows is important of render settings
(I use AMD 2200+, and 512 MB)
Attachments
18.jpg
18.jpg (40.73 KiB) Viewed 6813 times
17.jpg
17.jpg (78.54 KiB) Viewed 6813 times
Blockbuster

Postby Nexyz » Saturday 13. August 2005, 06:32

...I'm stunned.

I'll have to write more later.. for now I'm scrambling to put more work into my own project ;)
-New Homepage-
http://"www.richtermeister.com"
Nexyz

Postby __yra » Saturday 13. August 2005, 12:13

try change installation Antialiasing

__yra

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 14. August 2005, 16:42

I think the render setting have I correct it.
I used GI-shading in two VSL-materials.

here my first wip of the millenium falcon.
Attachments
19.jpg
19.jpg (40.07 KiB) Viewed 6751 times
Blockbuster

Postby Nexyz » Sunday 14. August 2005, 21:27

Omg, blockbuster.. somebody needs to stop you before you rebuild the entire Starfleet ;)

This is already looking very promising. Last time I tried a millennium falcon was 7 years ago with a little prgram called "reflections".. aah, memories.. but it didn't look anywhere near what you've got there. Can we see some wires too?
-New Homepage-
Nexyz

Postby Boris » Monday 15. August 2005, 18:41

Blockbuster wrote:I think the render setting have I correct it.
I used GI-shading in two VSL-materials.

ok ... your rendersettings are correct but not the fastest ;) __yra posted the rendersettings you should use. Using postscaling is much faster for AA. But I wouldn't use AA=1. Realsoft OY say that one should use AA=0 which makes the render even faster. For the output scale in the postprocessing use 0,5 which doubles the size of the render internally and scales it down to original size which makes the AA job. If you still get Aliasing you can even set the output scale to lower values like 0,25 which internally renders now 4 times bigger.

I don't understand the trick with the gi in two materials? If you want to effect only certain areas of your project just organize it that way that the gi shader is in the root of the certain project part. The parts which shouldn't be effected by the gi should be outside the gi directory. How to optimize gi rendering have a look in the tips and tricks section of http://www.realsoft.info

Here is a shader for AA'ing directly the bump mapping. All credits to Vesa. I just did a fast gui for the shader.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Blockbuster » Tuesday 16. August 2005, 17:50

yeaaaa, perfect.
The rendertime is from (old settings) = ca. 3,75 hours
of (new settings) = 1,25 hours with very good image quality, i think is the same with the old setting.
This is a factor of --- 3 ---- with same qualtity.

I have setting the outputscale of 0.5 and AA=0
(now i will try other settings)

Now i have found it in the RS3D reference/posteffects/misceffect.html.
The original text:
----------------------------
1. If input scales of the top level post image are 1.0 and output scales are 0.5, also the ray tracing resolution is doubled. The resolution drops to half after post processing. This can be used as an antialiasing solution which covers all post effects. Ray tracing antialiasing level can be reduced correspondingly.
-----------------------------

Boris, i have make a subdirectory as default, in this was two mesh and
by mistake one gi shader, but not in the root directory!
I think this have make the high rendertime or i have unintended setting other parameters.
RS3D have so mutch render and beautiful Post Image Effects, i shoult to read first the manual of RS3D !!!

thank you very very much.....
Blockbuster

Postby Blockbuster » Friday 26. August 2005, 20:59

Hey Everybody,
now i have little more time for the contest and try to finish the scene.
I will make a sun behind the planet but i can´t find the tool for this !

Last edited by Blockbuster on Tuesday 20. September 2005, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Blockbuster

Postby Robert » Friday 26. August 2005, 22:42

Hallo Stefan,
my compliment for your work it looks very nice. :)
Now you must take more action in the scene, a fight or so... !

What for a tool do you mean ?
You take a sphere and lay a glow-material about it.
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby Nexyz » Saturday 27. August 2005, 01:08

Hey there Stefan,

Overall very nice picture, but I think it would, like Robert said, really benefit from a sense of motion and direction..
When you mentioned the millenium falcon, I immediately thought of the scene where the Falcon shows up last minute to give Luke some cover..
that was a great perspective.. Maybe some motion Blur? (Sorry about the rendertimes ;)) Uhhh.. and LASERS! :autogun: we need LASERS!

Curious -What is the Blue stuff on top of the Falcon?

Looking forward for the grand finale,
Daniel :)
-New Homepage-
Nexyz

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 28. August 2005, 12:21

oh yes the motion coming in.
I think the space scene is liitle stuffy, so i try a new scene....
here my new test scene (is fast rendered), the motion and other x-wing´s and the millenium fighter come later and some action´s..
What for scene do you like ?
The handicap of the new scene, the details go down of the x-wing!

Last edited by Blockbuster on Tuesday 20. September 2005, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Blockbuster

Postby Blockbuster » Tuesday 20. September 2005, 20:21

I have resolutely to make the space scene ready.
The motion blur can´t I do for this, the scene is to big for rendering it 4x!
for all artists good luck and thanks for the good tips.
Here my result.......

Blockbuster

Postby Nexyz » Tuesday 20. September 2005, 22:39

Yeeeeh, me likey long time!

I get a sense of speed , even without MB. I also like this perspective better.
If you wanted to make the blur work though, you could composit the scene.
Also, did you use instances for the background xwings to save resources?
I've gotta ask this again, what is the blue stuff on top of the falcon?
Also, IMHO the image would gain more focus on what's important if you leave out the explosion, or put it into the background, like if one of the Xwings got hit.. but in the open corner it steals attention away from your nice hero in the center.
Just my 2 cents though. Definitely skillfully executed. Still happy with Realsoft?

Daniel (who's now really running low on time :time: )
-New Homepage-
Nexyz

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 25. September 2005, 09:01

sorry for the late reply,
yes Nexyz, I use instances for the x-wings, the blue stuff look my reference picture.
One little update for the Final picture coming today....
Attachments
ref.jpg
ref.jpg (41.61 KiB) Viewed 6467 times
Blockbuster

PreviousNext

Return to Contest WIP