Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Boris

Boris

Boris

Postby Boris » Tuesday 19. July 2005, 21:45

here is a very early wip of my POD-Racer I'm working at. I've got here lots of references of POD-Racers lying around which I also use but want to make my own version and not 1:1 copy. The model lacks at the moment much on detail which I'll build in the next days.
Also I hope to find the time for the alien pilot of this vehicle. I'll see.

Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Spliney » Wednesday 20. July 2005, 08:11

That's a nice start there Boris! I'll be monitoring your progress closely ;)
Robert
Spliney

Postby Boris » Wednesday 20. July 2005, 18:10

thanks Robert :)
here is the update of some details I added today.

Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Blockbuster » Wednesday 20. July 2005, 18:25

hi Boris,
this is a very good start, very nice details.
Is the model ready ?
Can´t wait to sea your textur of the model.
Ah, are you make the texture with uv-bitmap?
Blockbuster

Postby Boris » Wednesday 20. July 2005, 20:11

thanks Blockbuster ... I think the turbines are mostly done. The wings need some more detail but I had no idea for this today. For texturing I'll take several uv-sets to several faces applied. But for the texturing I'll wait till I'm very sure that the model is done so far.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Spliney » Wednesday 20. July 2005, 21:19

looks like the engine part is all (or most) SDS. Is it a single object, or are you using more then one (per turbine)?
Spliney

Postby Boris » Wednesday 20. July 2005, 21:42

Each of the two quad-Turbines is made out of two meshes and lots of nurbs curves and analytics. The engines are several parts. The mechanics must be able to change the engine fast while race ;)

Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Nexyz » Thursday 21. July 2005, 21:18

Hey Boris,

wow, this looks very detailed and organized. NICE! I'm curious to see how you do the UVs,
especially when it comes to not doing everything over and over for each part..
Looks like this one is going to kick Anakin's racer's butt any time, hehee :)
-New Homepage-
http://"www.richtermeister.com"
Nexyz

Postby Boris » Monday 25. July 2005, 12:48

many thanks for your comments :)

here is the first version of the sledge of the POD-racer

Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Robert » Monday 25. July 2005, 19:21

Hi Boris,
it looks good but i have some critiques ( please don't take it bad :wink: )
At first, in my opinion, the racer look like a..... Ballpen :oops: :silenced: ,
then the lattice in front of your engines are to simple...please Boris, give your more trouble, you have the time :D
At last, you have to much "to small" details of your engines ( i think less is better then more )
Bye,
Robert
-------------------------------------
Robert

Postby Boris » Monday 25. July 2005, 21:38

many thanks Robert for the critics. I appreciate it very much. I wasn't so sure with the racer and also with the lattice. Exactly that you also saw ... so that's not very good design and I'll try to make it better. For that I do the wip thread. If there is positive feedback I'm very happy but it should be honest and if there are flaws I wanna hear/read it. So ... I for sure don't take it bad in any way.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Return to Contest WIP