Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Light & Shadow

Light & Shadow

Light & Shadow

Postby Quan » Saturday 21. January 2006, 15:49

Hello @all,

I decided to take part at the "Light and Shadow" contest. This is my first contest, so correct me, when I'm doing something wrong!
I'm going to upload my first WIP this evening...

MFG
Jan
Quan

RE: Light & Shadow

Postby Quan » Saturday 21. January 2006, 16:38

This is my first screen:

Tomorrow, I will model a revolver. The scene will be the office of a Mafia-Boss...
Quan

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 22. January 2006, 12:07

hi Quan, is very nice to see you in the next contest and that you make any WIP.

regards
Stefan
Last edited by Blockbuster on Sunday 22. January 2006, 12:10, edited 2 times in total.
Blockbuster

Postby juhamaza » Saturday 4. February 2006, 22:35

I would like to take part at the "Light and Shadow" contest too.
And here is my wip.
So how much time we have? 1 or 2 month?

This is the first object which will come to my work.
juhamaza

Postby Quan » Sunday 5. February 2006, 12:40

Hi juhamaza

The pen looks very nice! very realistic....

The contest ends saturday, april 01, 2006; 00:00
Quan

Postby Quan » Monday 6. February 2006, 21:00

Little Update :)
sorry for the quality.. but I think I spend most Time of my Life in redering...

...I've got some questions:
-I need help beacause of the txtures in my Szenes... they always look so unnatural :cry:
-Are there any tool-tipps for advanced users? I find them very useful!

...many questions will follow in the next few days...
MFG
Jan
Quan

Postby Timo » Monday 6. February 2006, 21:14

I think the surfaces just need some bumpmapping, grime and maybe some GI goodness to make them more natural.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Re: RE: Light & Shadow

Postby Boris » Monday 6. February 2006, 21:20

Quan wrote:-I need help beacause of the txtures in my Szenes... they always look so unnatural :cry:
[/i]

where is the telephone? The telephone got lost ;)

it's very hard to answer your question because it's a bit general and this leaves lots of possibilities. Play with the bumpmaps, add an illushader, work at the lighting (which is a keyfactor also for good looking textures), add some dirt, use higher rez textures, try the postshading. Which textures you don't like most?
Bye
Boris
Boris

Re: RE: Light & Shadow

Postby juhamaza » Tuesday 7. February 2006, 08:10

Boris wrote:
Quan wrote:-I need help beacause of the txtures in my Szenes... they always look so unnatural :cry:
[/i]

where is the telephone? The telephone got lost ;)

It looks to be in the left corner down.

Ps. Nice work.
juhamaza

RE: Re: RE: Light & Shadow

Postby Quan » Tuesday 7. February 2006, 15:02

Thank you for the replies! What is "postshading" and what is a "specular map"?
The lighting in my picture will be much better in the final-render. The szene is now illuminated by two point lights...
Maybe I'll use GI... but my Computer is very very slow...
Of cause the lighting will play a major role in the Szene ;-)
Quan

RE: Re: RE: Light & Shadow

Postby Quan » Wednesday 8. February 2006, 22:38

Hello Guys,

I worked a little bit with GI Lighting, but there is always a very strange mistake... :cry:
Does anyone know how to avoid it?

the Wall on the right and the sphere are OK but he rest is so... grainy... :cry:
Quan

Postby Boris » Thursday 9. February 2006, 16:30

I tried to rebuild your scene and haven't got any problems .... maybe you upload this strange test scene?
Look in Samples-V5samples-postshading studio ... and in the manual ./Realsoft3D/manual/postproc/postshading.html
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Karl » Friday 10. February 2006, 12:38

I've experienced this as well a couple of times. Try flipping the normals, or invert one of the angles (in the gen tab I think). Mine usually only effects one of the walls though, this one seems to affect every wall. Bizarre bug.
Karl

Postby Timo » Friday 10. February 2006, 14:22

The GI shader shouldn't blow up on inverted normals: it flips the normal if it's pointing in the same direction as the incoming ray. I think this is a boolean bug.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby Quan » Friday 10. February 2006, 18:37

http://rapidshare.de/files/12968406/gi.r3d.html

this is the download link for the GI-Szene...

btw: I don't know what you are talking about (The GI shader shouldn't blow up on inverted normals: it flips the normal if it's pointing in the same direction as the incoming ray. I think this is a boolean bug.)

is there a german translation for this? :oops:
Quan

Next

Return to Contest WIP