Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Treasures

Treasures

Treasures

Postby Quan » Tuesday 18. July 2006, 20:49

Hi,

In this thread everyone can show his "Contest WIP's" for the
"Treasures"-contest. :)

Please upload bigger images (over 1024 pixels) at ImageShack
and post the second or the third link
(Thumbnail for forums 1 & 2):!:

Good luck and fair play!

cya soon,
Jan
Quan

RE: Treasures

Postby Quan » Tuesday 18. July 2006, 20:50

I'll build an underwater world, with a broken ship, a box (with treasures in it ;) ) and many, many (...), funny details.
During my stay in France (holidays) I made a draft... I'm not a good painter, but I think you can identify most of the things. The words in the picture are German, so ask if you want to know some of them :)
I hope you like it, comments and critics are welcome!

//Edit
damn, you have to use "Thumbnail for forums (1)" when you post images uploaded at ImageShack...
Quan

Postby Blockbuster » Tuesday 18. July 2006, 21:11

Hi Jan,

the picture looks good and very detailed.
Don´t forgot to post your model and render tests.
I'm curious about it.

regard
Stefan
Blockbuster

Postby Robby » Wednesday 19. July 2006, 12:34

Hi,

really nice draft, Jan! This will be a very hard work to create a scene with so many details, I'm also very curious to see some WIPs of this! Maybe you will add some fishes to the scene?!? Or even a shark?!? But that's really not important, it's the only thing you don't have drawn in your picture.
By the way, I also decided to make an underwater scene, but not with a sunk ship but with a submarine, that is lighting a treasure chest on the sea bottom. I hope I'll have more time in the next weeks so I can post some pictures of my work.

Bye,

Robby
Robby

Postby Guest » Wednesday 19. July 2006, 17:09

Hi Robby, hi Stefan!

There are seven fishes and one jelly fish in my draft ;) One big fish and seven small ones, I think they are had to find...
However, a shark is to difficult for me.

I don't know how I can put a test render in here, I have (as usual) a problem with GI rendering :cry:
I can't find any GI in my scene, all shadows are black (Photoshop says RGB 0, 0, 0 )...

I hope Stefan can help me :)
cya
Jan

Postby Boris » Wednesday 19. July 2006, 18:40

if you post a reply there is under the reply (text) area the Attachment Posting Control Panel. Just click on "Add an Attachment". Then select the file on your pc. Then click "Add Attachment" and post your reply. The attachment will be uploaded. Uploads are limited to 100 k for each attachment.
Attachments
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg (28.06 KiB) Viewed 3938 times
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Robby » Thursday 20. July 2006, 16:09

Hi,

here's a first WIP of the treasure box I'm trying to "build". I think it's not very realistic, but I don't know what is wrong with it... Maybe it looks to clean, no old box is as perfect as this :roll: . Anyway I have to search for more gold coins to put in the box :D ...
Some comments would be good to improve the box.
Bye,

Robby
Attachments
treasure_2.jpg
treasure_2.jpg (51.76 KiB) Viewed 3895 times
Robby

Postby zaug » Thursday 20. July 2006, 19:21

Hello Robby,
I think that the construction is too simple; a sea chest was designed to take the rigors of the sea, being loaded and unloaded, buried for 300 years ; ) etc.; all while heavily loaded. Also more variation in the wood; is this to be an old chest. I would consider modelling the boards individually.
Take a look at how some of these are constructed and think of how the pieces would need to fit together and what would keep them together.

http://www.thepirateslair.com/images/vi ... -front.jpg
http://www.thepirateslair.com/images/vi ... d-side.jpg
http://66.70.164.60/Merchant2/graphics/ ... hest-1.jpg
http://www.thepirateslair.com/images/vi ... -green.jpg

Cheers,
Zaug
zaug

Postby Quan » Thursday 20. July 2006, 22:07

Hi,

Boris, I know how to upload images in this forum, but when they are too big you have to scroll the window and the page builds up very slow. I think the ImageShack thumbnails are fast and look good, and ImageShack is very easy to use.

Robby, nice box, but like Zaug already "said": the texture looks very tiled.

Zaug, thanks for the pictures, I need them, too.

I found the mistakes in the render-settings. The rendering took 12 minutes for my
first WIP:
Attachments
Blubb.jpg
Blubb.jpg (54 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
Quan

Postby Robby » Friday 21. July 2006, 14:07

Hi,

@Zaug: Thanks too for the links and your comment, you're right, my box isn't very solid and wood break into pieces in the next sea storm... :roll:
I'll try to model the boards individually, that's much better. :idea: I've found another link for treasure-chests, I don't know, if they're really like old ones, but they seem to be a good model:

http://www.elvenforge.com/chests.html

@Jan, that's a really good beginning, above all the part of the ship is great!!

Bye,
Robby
Robby

Postby Blockbuster » Saturday 22. July 2006, 23:13

Hi,
my contribution to the contest is "Dragons treasure".
The scene will I do in a hollow, or I will try it !

regards
Stefan
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (32.58 KiB) Viewed 3804 times
Blockbuster

Postby fre_ber » Sunday 23. July 2006, 19:14

Cool, we had one of those at home when I grew up, we stored old blankets in it. No treasures. :)
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby Quan » Sunday 23. July 2006, 20:08

Hey, nice dragon :)
How do you make something like that? ... Box modelling or PbP? Characters and cars are things I'll never lern...
Quan

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 23. July 2006, 21:02

Hi Quan,
wait for the Car Tutorial by Spliney and my, then you can learn the modeling for this very easy!
The Charakter modeling is PbP, this give you the best controll, I think.

Best regards
Stefan
Blockbuster

Next

Return to Contest WIP