Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Law Enforcement - WIP

Law Enforcement - WIP

Law Enforcement - WIP

Postby Neico » Friday 20. April 2007, 07:45

Hi List,

The thing so far. From here to play with ideas for different settings.

Neico
Attachments
lawGun-LT02-07-lr.jpg
lawGun-LT02-07-lr.jpg (441.16 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
Neico

RE: Law Enforcement - WIP

Postby Neico » Friday 20. April 2007, 08:25

Trying the anaglyph thing but guessing as to which eye should be red etc. I don't have any glasses to check this or even if it works at all.
Attachments
lawGun-AG-V1.jpg
lawGun-AG-V1.jpg (439.06 KiB) Viewed 4057 times
Neico

Re: Law Enforcement - WIP

Postby Jojon » Friday 20. April 2007, 18:32

Neico wrote:Hi List,

The thing so far. From here to play with ideas for different settings.

Neico

Gorgeous old victorian spider tank nightmare thingies - likey very much. :)

As for the anaglyph picture, I get a grayscale/sepia-in-the-dark-parts image...

Should you want to try again sometimes, it is the left eye that is red and the right one that it blue,green or (best) cyan, so it's just a matter of stripping the left camera image of its green and blue components and red from the right camera one.
Jojon

RE: Re: Law Enforcement - WIP

Postby Neico » Friday 20. April 2007, 20:13

the left eye that is red and the right one that it blue,green or (best) cyan

Thanks Jojon, second attempt at the anaglyph ... any closer?
Attachments
lawGun-AG-V2.jpg
lawGun-AG-V2.jpg (491.92 KiB) Viewed 4017 times
Neico

Postby fre_ber » Saturday 21. April 2007, 11:48

Yes, much better. I think that the first attempt was too "grey" - the filters didn't really filter anything out. Maybe some saturation adjustments required.
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby Neico » Saturday 21. April 2007, 13:09

Thanks for the feedback Fre_ber,

Ok, so they separate now and the left and right eye thing is Ok. Scale, filter densities and other guesses will have to trust to luck. I do have some glasses somewhere but in my studio trying to find them would be mission impossible.
Neico

Postby Neico » Saturday 21. April 2007, 13:22

BTW - here is the Cross-Eyed version.
Attachments
lawGun-X-Eye.jpg
lawGun-X-Eye.jpg (444.3 KiB) Viewed 3988 times
Neico

Re: RE: Re: Law Enforcement - WIP

Postby Jojon » Saturday 21. April 2007, 15:54

Neico wrote:Thanks Jojon, second attempt at the anaglyph ... any closer?

OH MY GOD, THEY ARE STAGGERING RIGHT FOR US!!! *BLAM BLAM BLAM*

...ehrrm... that would be "yes". Works perfect.

I find myself hoping to see a mighty 2 hour gaslamp fantasy epic from you sometime in the future. 8)
Jojon

RE: Re: RE: Re: Law Enforcement - WIP

Postby Neico » Saturday 21. April 2007, 16:42

2 hour gaslamp fantasy

Thanks for the vibes Jojon, yes, the things are rigged for animation but there is no end use for animation for my studio that pays. I hadn't thought them as Victorian, I was really trying for absurd, silly little pop-guns with fat bodies and stupid wheels on spindly legs. Anyway, working on the setting now.
Neico

Postby Admin » Monday 23. April 2007, 05:30

Wow ... great style and great models. Maybe some victims of this law enforcement could be also put in the scene.

@Neil: there seems to be a problem with my mail coming through to you. Please check your pm here.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Quan » Monday 23. April 2007, 15:14

Hi Neico,

I like your images, all the nice details are great :)

Here ist my WIP:

I hope you like it :)
Please comment and criticize as hard as you can :)

best regards,
Jan

btw: I won't show you further WIPs ;) you'll have to wait until the contest ends...
Quan

Postby fre_ber » Monday 23. April 2007, 16:48

Curious how we all interpreted law enforcement in a military way...
fre_ber

Postby Quan » Monday 23. April 2007, 17:00

Hi fre_ber

so please tell me how you interprete this topic, maybe I just translated it wrong... in german it means "die Strafverfolgung" or "die Zwangsvollstreckung"... ("die" is a german article, it has nothing to do with "to die" ;) ) ... The german explenation sounds pretty brutal, that's why I'm making this bot :)
Quan

Postby fre_ber » Monday 23. April 2007, 19:35

Well, "law enforcement" is what police officers, lawyers and judges do for a living. Of course, it could be taken to the extremes, like a group of stormtroopers arresting a jawa for theft, of the US military doing a little "police action" in Vietnam, but usually it is about cops and robbers. ;)

The concept literally means "making people follow the law".

Don't take my words for it, ask the Ministry of Truth (minitrue): http://www.google.com/ ;)
fre_ber

Postby Quan » Monday 23. April 2007, 19:39

okay, the German translation could mean "force people to follow the law, become violent if necessary" ;)
Quan

Next

Return to Contest WIP