Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Law Enforcement - WIP

Law Enforcement - WIP

Postby fre_ber » Monday 23. April 2007, 19:43

Well, yes, there is that aspect, but if we are to believe Hollywood, police and violence together is not that uncommon. ;)
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby Jojon » Tuesday 24. April 2007, 05:45

Quan wrote:Here ist my WIP:

I hope you like it :)
Please comment and criticize as hard as you can :)

best regards,
Jan

Heh, really brutal looking. Some sort of sonic weapon?

I really dig the durable hard rubber look of the body, treads and wheels,
but somehow the shiny hex bolts and washers holding the latter in place,
makes the whole thing look the size of a toy car.
(intentional maybe? :)
Jojon

Postby Neico » Tuesday 24. April 2007, 21:56

Hi Jan,

Looks like a Gat-Bot to me. Something like the ones used to great effect in Turkmenistan a while back by the Boss there who had been given two of the things by the Yanks who wanted his support for their Iraq thing. Fires something like 2,000 rounds per minute. Meaning that not even a square inch of mid distance does not get a bullet. He used them on some demonstrators. Puff the Magic Dragon was the name for the Vietnam plane mounted version.

My crit would be that something extra is needed in the image. Also wonder if the various surfaces could become more the same ... mean ... that grey green is Ok but maybe add some battle weariness like the thing is used on a daily basis and no bright silver showing ... maybe matt black or something. But the surface texture is only critical if there is a close up view as your Screen Grab shows. And a touch of realism to have the top line of the tank treads sag a bit. Maybe an army of these things or make them nano-bots or some kind of setting maybe. Maybe place them as normal vehicles at a normal intersection with traffic lights etc ... have them obeying the law. Perhaps they could be under water things ... no idea why, trying to think out loud. Whatever. Something more.
Neico

Postby Neico » Saturday 28. April 2007, 03:42

in Turkmenistan

Ooops, it may have been Uzbekistan. My bad. Law Enforcement anyway ... Gatling guns against unarmed civilians ... they wont break the law again that's for sure.
Neico

Postby Quan » Sunday 29. April 2007, 05:11

Hi Neico, Hi Jojon!

Thanks for your critics :)

First of all, Jojon, it's no sonic weapon. It is a fast-firing gun, like Neico mentioned.

I'll try to realize all your great ideas, Neico.
Cheers,

Jan
Quan

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 29. April 2007, 19:37

Hi all contest fighters,

here my first WIP, my law Enforcement is Robocop at work.
Some Details and the weapon comes later.
Attachments
Robocop_1.jpg
Robocop_1.jpg (46.1 KiB) Viewed 2631 times
Blockbuster

Postby fre_ber » Sunday 29. April 2007, 19:46

Wow, excellent. Only, the feet look quite big and heavy. Allthough, I have to admit that it was a long time ago since I watched Robocop... ;)
fre_ber

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 29. April 2007, 20:25

thanks fre_ber,
I think my camera setup wasn´t correct.
Here a new WIP with anather camera setup. I think the feets looks better.
Attachments
Robocop_2.jpg
Robocop_2.jpg (37.16 KiB) Viewed 2618 times
Blockbuster

Postby fre_ber » Sunday 29. April 2007, 22:28

Still looks a bit on the big side to me. :)
fre_ber

Postby Neico » Sunday 29. April 2007, 23:32

Very smart work Blockbuster. A personal request would be for Mr Titanium Kevlar to have a rocket pack mid-air or maybe even in a low orbit but I'll live without it. The Competition is warming up which is all to the best.
Neico

Postby Boris » Monday 30. April 2007, 05:52

wow ... very nice wips :) :dance: :clap:

@Blockbuster: I think the arms are out of proportion. If I let hang down my arms they'll reach nearly to the knee (ok ... my dad always says that I've got monkey arms :cry: ) . Also the hand and the fingers are looking to thin and small. Everything else looks very very nice.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby __yra » Monday 30. April 2007, 07:33

Blockbuster - necessarily do surroundings, it will be cool!
__yra

Postby Ville » Monday 30. April 2007, 07:43

Lol! I was just making my own Robocop.
Well not anymore. Ill try to make my anarchy cop ready for this contest.
Pics will come later.

About the metal material. I think some kind of fresnel metal material would be better for Robo as
in original movie the metal had a little greenishtint on it.

Ah! animating that would be a cool thing.

Postby Blockbuster » Monday 30. April 2007, 16:10

thanks for the answer,
@Boris:
Yes you are right the arms is shorter but I´m working with blueprints and here is the lenght correct,
for any reason. The Hand and the feet (thx fre_ber) will I modify.

@Ville:
ok, I will try the metal material with fresnel and more reflection.
Attachments
Robocop_4.jpg
Robocop_4.jpg (93.51 KiB) Viewed 2553 times
Robocop_3.jpg
Robocop_3.jpg (57.26 KiB) Viewed 2553 times
Blockbuster

Postby Blockbuster » Thursday 3. May 2007, 20:59

a little update.
I have modify the arms and the feets, some details are included.
The material and lighting comes later....
Attachments
Robocop_6.jpg
Robocop_6.jpg (67.03 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
Blockbuster

PreviousNext

Return to Contest WIP