Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Coloured city

Coloured city

You have to build a city using RealGreebleZ. You can download it from the new RealGreebleZ website.
http://www.catmtn.com/realgreeblez/real ... wnload.php
Please open for each entry a new thread in this challenge forum. It would be nice if you would share in this thread how you build your city. You can also post more than one entry.
If you've got any questions. Zaug the author of RealGreebleZ moderates this forum and will be willing to help with all problems with it.

Moderator: zaug

Coloured city

Postby geo » Saturday 3. March 2007, 12:44

Time mooches on, but I've finally had a go at this. My family have left me alone on a Saturday night so I can freely greeble. The first attempt includes the mistakes I might fix if I get another chance next week :-)

So I offer this wip. I intended there to be bigger streets between all the buildings (did a bevel on selected faces before greebling to do this. Should have done it more).

The roofs are done with Arjo's beaut and brilliant Dutch roof tiles with the colour turned up (thanks Arjo if you're listening). To do this I duplicated the city, deleted everything but the roofs (which were still selected) then parallel mapped the tiles to just the roofs.

I made a mess of the windows. That's the yellow bits. They're supposed to be smaller, more numerous, and glowing as if they are lit from inside. How can you do a shader that glows on just one face? Any hints on that one?

As usual I've paid no attention to lighting, presentation etc. It's just too hot in this office and have to sit on the porch with a beer and a guitar.

Zaug, please check the link to the manual - I couldn't get it from your site. Also, the dialog box is now so big I can't access it all on my screen without unchecking nurnies. Is there a way to add scroll bars? It's the same with Arjo's rooftiler - the bottom options are inaccessible to me. Do I need a new screen or a better window manager (using IceWM).
Attachments
cityclose.jpg
cityclose.jpg (66.65 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
city1.jpg
city1.jpg (132.69 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
geo

RE: Coloured city

Postby arjo » Sunday 4. March 2007, 19:17

Beside the windows error you already mentioned, it's looking as a nice WIP. About the scroll bars: My screen is 1200 pix high, so it fits without problems. You're right though when I make the window smaller no scroll bars appear. Something for Vesa or Juha to look at.
arjo

RE: Coloured city

Postby zaug » Thursday 8. March 2007, 18:26

Sorry so long to respond, some other things taking my time and also, had to take some time to mess up my wife's computer ; p
Great that you have finally gotten some time to give this a go, am glad someone is getting some good out of it. I really like the "cosmic carnival" look of your image.

"please check the link to the manual - I couldn't get it from your site"
It is there now; actually it is again included with the archive; as it should have been before.

"Also, the dialog box is now so big I can't access it all on my screen without unchecking nurnies. Is there a way to add scroll bars?"
I am working on a tabbed interface that will address this and then some but have run into a bug for which I have not received a resolution. I had not looked into adding scroll bars and do not know if this is an option; but I think the upcoming (hopefully) tabbed interface will be a better solution.

Thankz for sharing; looking forward to more greeble wips.
zaug

Return to RealGreebleZ City challenge