Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Boris

Boris

The animation challenge will end friday, Dec 01, 2006 - 00:00 AM. Please read the Informations for the Blue-Guy-Long-Jump-Animation-Challenge!

Moderator: Boris

Boris

Postby Boris » Friday 27. October 2006, 21:05

I did some tries for a first simple walk. Lots of try and error. But at least I preferred the drag tool to eliminate slipping.
Binding the drag tool floor to the object caused the skeleton to walk out of the mesh. Binding the drag tool to the level which contains the skeleton and the mesh was a good solution.
After I bound the level to floor via drag tool I did each 5 frames a keyframe and animated the skeleton grabbing the spine at point 0 and moved it forward. After that I tried to suit the legs and then the upper body. The first tries didn't looked very good. Now here is a try I'm a bit satisfied already though animators will for sure notice some flaws. I'll appreciate any input.
Attachments
walk3_.avi
Codec used:
Microsoft S-Mpeg 4 version 3
(386 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
Bye
Boris
Boris

walk and greeting

Postby Boris » Sunday 29. October 2006, 12:54

Update:

it's lots of fun animating the blue guy. Now he also greets the audience. I've done a first camera morphing but this has to be more subtle next time. Also the guy needs a bit more work at the walk sequence.
Just have a look at my next wip (MS-MPEG4 V3 - 1,9MB):

http://www.3ddart.com/wip/_walk4.avi
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Boris » Sunday 29. October 2006, 22:02

Update of the update:

I think I was able to improve the walk and also the camera morphing. That's it for this first test sequence. Might be the intro of the final long-jump-animation.

(MS-MPEG4 V3 - 1,9MB)
http://www.3ddart.com/wip/_walk5.avi

Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Spliney » Monday 30. October 2006, 14:51

Looks good Boris! I'll see what I can do with the Blue Guy :)
Robert
Spliney

Postby Blockbuster » Tuesday 31. October 2006, 22:03

Hi Boris, yes it looks very good. How did you anchor the foot on the ground with foot steps ?
Blockbuster

Postby Boris » Wednesday 1. November 2006, 10:20

Hi Robert and Stefan,
thanks for your comments!
I didn't used the footsteps tool. I never got a character walking with it :( So I tried the drag tool which was introduced in Version 5. The drag tool simulates the gravity of the floor. If you bind the character and its skeleton via drag tool to the floor the character and skeleton will be sort of anchored to the floor because of the gravity. That doesn't eliminate automatically any slipping but it assists it very much if you setup the walk quite carefully. Setting up the keyframes I use 5 frames steps. I grab the spine of the blue guy and move it forward till it starts to pull the legs after it a bit. After this I take the walking leg and put it to a new suiting position. The standing leg shouldn't be moved at all at the feet. Very helpfull is here to work with gridsnapping and grid to control that the foot stays where it is. Some movement in the knee of the standing leg makes it look less stiff.
I hope that I was able to explain this right with my poor english. If not ... please tell me and I'll make a little animation showing how I setup the keyframes.

Juha explained on the betalist how to use the drag tool to bind the character and the skeleton to the drag floor:

- create a level containing an animated
body (both the skeleton and the mesh).

- create a drag tool consisting of a rectangle
representing the floor.

- click the 'Bind' tool of the drag tool, to bind
it to the level.

Just one thing: there was an undo bug for this method which is eliminated in SP3 which will be released today or in very near future

Here is a screenshot of my drag tool setup:
Attachments
drag_screen.jpg
drag_screen.jpg (5.11 KiB) Viewed 7975 times
Bye
Boris
Boris

his first jump

Postby Boris » Sunday 5. November 2006, 21:39

The blueguy tries his first "jump".
First test render:
(MS-MPEG4 V3 - 4,35 mb)

http://www.3ddart.com/wip/jump01.avi
Bye
Boris
Boris

RE: his first jump

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 5. November 2006, 21:58

haha, looks very very good. Can´t wait to see more...
Blockbuster

Final

Postby Boris » Wednesday 29. November 2006, 08:08

many thanks!
oki ... now the final animation part 1:
(codec: MS-MPEG4 V3 - size: 1,6 mb)

http://www.3ddart.com/wip/jump_03_.avi

Image[/img]
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Boris » Wednesday 29. November 2006, 21:30

that's the final animation for the challenge:

http://www.3ddart.com/wip/jump_05.avi

It's not complete. He doesn't greet at the end but he did it before in the wip ... so don't consider him as unfriendly ;)
I'll render this animation again with the next beta of DynAtomic (wobbling) and then I'll add an end.
It was the first time I really did a walksequence. I think the drag tool gives you a real good base to make interesting walks of all sorts without slipping and penetrating the floor. One has to get a feeling for it.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Return to Blue-Guy-Long-Jump-Animation-Challenge