Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Window generating script

Window generating script

Discuss general plugins and scripts

Moderator: fre_ber

Window generating script

Postby zaug » Sunday 16. December 2007, 19:09

I have been working on a new script and am finally far enough along to show some wip:

http://catmtn.com/images/renders/rwz_rect-test9.jpg

The objects in the image were created, literally, in about 10 seconds.
They are made, entirely, out of booleaned analyticals.
As you can see in the select window, all objects are arranged in a orderly fashion, correctly named and numbered where applicable, and have default material mappings.
There is still much functionality to be added.
I think it will be ready for release by year's end.

Cheerz,
Zaug

P.S. The glass is turned off in this AO render.
zaug

RE: Window generating script

Postby Neico » Sunday 16. December 2007, 22:23

Massive Z,

So "much functionality to be added" .... like maybe, walls to hold the windows, roof for the walls, fence around the house, street with footpaths, streetlights, traffic .... Ok, so you dont like Arjoville or Nilville and are going for your own. Add an airport, I'll be stop by early 2008.
Neico

Postby zaug » Monday 17. December 2007, 00:30

Thankz! m8
lol, no just a few types of windows and some doors ; )
There is a boolean object to cut the hole in the wall, however.

I take this to mean you approve of the idea.

Arjoville is actually quite pleasant for a city, and Nilville is not so bad if you can steer clear of "the Heat"; but living in the mountains has spoiled me : P

About me doing my own, I am a builder, not a civil planner; so just get your millwork order put together for the convention center you need to build for RS-Fest 2010 : D
zaug

Postby Neico » Monday 17. December 2007, 01:22

RS-Fest 2010 ... is this in the Colorado Mts? Or is this a virtual fest in certain cities we know about?

Yes I approve of your JS work ... totally Ok. Wished I was rich enough to pay you what you're worth (as maybe you do too?). Thanks for putting it together for us more programming-challenged RS folk.

Maybe if I sort out the NZS 3604 Timber Framing schedules you could do an instant builders app. maybe with a database interface so building quotes are 10 second affairs?

And Merry Christmas while I'm about it ... from the heart!
Neico

Postby zaug » Monday 17. December 2007, 12:11

Hehe, sorry; again I am not a planner....

Do not worry, I will be around when your fortune comes in m8 : D

At any rate, you are most welcome.

Tell me more about this timber framing, or do you jest?

Thank you, and may you too have a joyous holiday!
zaug

Postby zaug » Thursday 3. January 2008, 12:18

OK, so a bit late and a bit less than I had planned to have completed by now, but here is a version to have a look at. Please feel free to comment good and bad ; )
The round windows are less than perfect, but the casements and double-hung types should be working properly.

The only not so obvious thing is the main cutter object that is produced; this will need to be moved to the wall object and used to cut the opening.

It is available on on the downloads page:
http://www.catmtn.com/rr/realgreeblez/download.php

or directly:
http://www.catmtn.com/rr/realgreeblez/realwindoorz0.03.zip

and a screenshot:
http://www.catmtn.com/rr/realgreeblez/images/rwz_shot1.jpg

Have fun!!!
zaug

Postby zaug » Thursday 3. January 2008, 17:17

Apparently there is an issue with running this on at least some versions of RS for Windows.
Could someone mail me or respond here if they have tried it under RS v5 for Windows?
I am running the Linux version and cannot reproduce the problem.
This is currently being looked into and will be remedied as soon as may be.
zaug

Postby zaug » Friday 4. January 2008, 10:57

A reply to the mailing list from Vesa of Realsoft, concerning this issue:

A quick note: this is most likely the same js problem which Matthias reported. SP1 release later this month will fix it.
zaug

Postby K-UDA » Friday 4. January 2008, 13:15

I want the option which makes an object to open a hole on the wall with Boolean operation.
K-UDA

Postby zaug » Friday 4. January 2008, 15:21

The boolean object is included, but I have not tried or know if it is possible to do interactive input with .js.

But, it is on my list ; )
zaug

Postby K-UDA » Sunday 10. February 2008, 04:54

Hello zaug.
I asked Realsoft about it.
I got an answer from Vesa.
Thank you for kind support of Realsoft.
I attach my script.
I hope that it helps you.
best regards,
K-UDA
Attachments
BOOLEAN_001.ZIP
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
K-UDA

Postby zaug » Sunday 10. February 2008, 12:03

Thank you for you efforts, nice work on your example, but as I said, the cutting object is already being produced.

What you are proposing would place the object in a separate level, from the beginning. This would be undesirable, as the user would then have to multi-select the window and the cutter to be able to place the window in the desired location.

The way the script is now:
The user produces the window.
At the top of the window's hierarchy you will find the cutter object, in the level "Main X object", it is named "main X", it already has it's property set to inverted.
After the window is produced and moved into the desired position, simply copy the object named "main X" and paste it into the boolean cutter level for your wall object.
This also makes it simple to reposition the window later. Delete the cutter, move the window, copy the cutter object again.

By interactive, I meant the ability to click on a spot and have the window produced at that point or being able to drag the window into place along the wall right after it is produced and have the boolean copied to it at that point. But this is not so important.
zaug

Return to General