Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Greeble Plugin

Greeble Plugin

Discuss general plugins and scripts

Moderator: fre_ber

Postby geo » Tuesday 3. January 2006, 00:10

Zaug this is fabulous. I'm still working on "hola mundo" and you come up with this :-)

I'm not into greebling myself, but the nurnyizational aspects of the script are nearly useful to me. With a couple of changes, additions etc naturally.

Firstly, when I add my nurnies, every second one is rotated an extra 90 degrees. Is this intentional? I've had a look at the code and can't work out where you set the rotation in the first place - I think it's nurnie_rotation=0 in the original declaration, and then you add an appropriate local z rotation - yes?. Do you know what I'm talking about or do you need a picture? Can't do it till tomorrow.

Second, I need more nurnies. I tried to set the probability of a face having a nurnie to 200 to see if it gave me 2 per face, but it doesn't. Sometimes (all the time?) there are two identical nurnies created on the first face, though. I just realised I could get the same effect by running it twice with random offsets. Will try that tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for the script, and congratulations on getting such a monster to run. Nice clean readable code too, so I may learn about RS structures from it, though I as I look at Timo's post I remember I have Calvin and Hobbes waiting by my bedside.

nighty night
Geo
geo

Postby zaug » Tuesday 3. January 2006, 15:43

Thank you for the kind words Geo.
So few responses, I had began to wonder if I had dreamed the whole thing ;)

Anyway, have not had time to look at the rotation issue, but I am sure it can be remedied, in the mean time; here is an update that refreshes the screen automatically when the script has completed a greebling process, remedying the bug that Timo mentions earlier in this thread, thankz Timo :

http://www.catmtn.com/realgreeblez.php

As for adding a second set of nurnies; with a little experimentation on the altitude and size settings it is possible to get some nice stacked effects, i.e cylindrical towers with spheres on the tops :)
Don't foget to set offset randomness to zero for both passes.

Anyway, have fun! and I will get the rotation thing looked at this evening.

Cheerz,
Zaug
zaug

Postby Quan » Tuesday 3. January 2006, 16:30

Hello Zaug!

There is an error box when I try to "greeble" something. I think there is no mistake in your script, I just can't handle it!
I created a subdivision cube and ran the script. But when I clicked "GreebleiZe!":

Create nurnies is no problem!
Please help me!

MFG
Jan
Quan

Postby zaug » Tuesday 3. January 2006, 16:51

Jan,
The fix for this is on the first page of this thread. There are some lines missing from the file:
/scripts/js/real/objects/r3subdiv.js in your Realsoft installation directory.
You can fix this yourself with a text editor (and only a text editor, not MS word etc.) by adding the lines mentioned in the post.

I wonder how many people have dismissed my script as non-working due to this :P

Will a windows user please file a bug to this effect, as it has been fixed in the Linux version.

Zaug
zaug

Postby geo » Tuesday 3. January 2006, 19:45

Zaug,

Thought of something else. Would it be easy to make the probability of a nurnie landing on a face proportional to the area of that face? In that way the spread of nurnies would be more even across the object. I think.

Geo
geo

Postby Quan » Tuesday 3. January 2006, 21:52

Thank you!! It works very well!
I like greeble!
Quan

Postby zaug » Wednesday 4. January 2006, 00:34

Me too Jan :D
Geo,
So what you mean is: if a face is larger, it will be more likely to receive a nurnie; of course, it would have to stay somewhat random.
Hmm, probably not too hard, now that I have a, rudimentary, grasp of face vectors and such, and I know there are functions for measuring faces in specified directions. This is related to things Fredrik had been hassling ;) me about, concerning insuring that the nurnies do not end up off of the faces. I think it would have to be a selectable option as I actually prefer it the way it is :) Perhaps in the next major update :)

Zaug
zaug

Postby zaug » Wednesday 4. January 2006, 17:54

I have posted another update. This makes the random rotation for user
nurnies work more like expected.

Zaug
zaug

Postby zaug » Thursday 5. January 2006, 14:43

Another updated release:
This update, unlike the one released previous to this one, actually updates the window, automatically, regardless of whether nurnies are activated or not. It also leaves the sds mesh object selected, as I think is the most conveinient way for this to be handled. This release also fixes some issues that arise when the script is ran under RS3Dv4.5.(sorry, still no user-defined nurnies for 4.5 users ) Last, it now gives a human readable error in the case of there not being an SDS object selected.
I have started versioning and dating the script; for no good reason, this is version 0.50 :)

As always it is here :

zaug

Postby zaug » Thursday 5. January 2006, 14:54

Forget this version, I will post a new one later, I have discovered an error in the nurnies loops.

Sorry for any wasted time.

Zaug
zaug

Postby zaug » Thursday 5. January 2006, 15:25

OK, now, maybe this time :P
Sorry to be the cause of so much traffic.
The version I just posted, 0.51, has the previosly mentioned fixes and also fixes a bug, that has been there for some time, concerning the "selected" face selection method; no more piles of nurnies on one face :)

Right, now perhaps you can Enjoy!,

Zaug
zaug

Postby zaug » Saturday 7. January 2006, 15:53

Another bug fix update, 0.52, now available; This release also contains much new information in the instructions file.

Zaug
zaug

Postby zaug » Wednesday 25. January 2006, 20:52

New release 0.55
Changes, fixes and additions can be found toward the bottom of the instructions file

Cheerz,
Zaug
zaug

Postby zaug » Wednesday 24. May 2006, 12:46

New release 0.6 now available. A near complete rewrite with many new features and also a manual and beginning tutorial.

Cheers,
Zaug
zaug

Postby Beg-inner » Thursday 25. May 2006, 02:48

Hi Brian..

You have done an awesome job on this !!!

It is truly a great tool, which is handy in many types of prjs.. !

A couple of thoughts...
Would it be possible to have so that the created Nurnies, could have their handles in the places where they get created?, and not as it is now where all created ones has their handles all in the center of the SDS Object.
This would be good for further editing of them after they have been created !

A thing that would be good in the Interface, would be if the "GreebleiZe!" and "Undo" Buttons would be instead placed to the right of the "Greeble Construction" and just below the "Side" and "User" buttons ! Like this
"Top"......................"Side"........................"User"
"Greeble Construction"..."GreebleiZe!"...."Undo"
Since then they are Always in the same place, no matter what parts of the Interface is visible..
(When (Un)Ticking the different parts of the Interface, the "GreebleiZe!", "Undo" buttons goes up n down as the Interface gets longer/shorter! )

One thing that I have altered myself, that you might would consider, is this
R3WA_Flags, R3WASF_DRAGBAR + R3WASF_CLOSE + R3WASF_MAXIMIZE + R3WASF_MINIMIZE);
I added this mostly, to be able to minimize the window, if needed..

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this awesome tool !
Keep the great work up...
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

PreviousNext

Return to General