Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Greeble Plugin

Greeble Plugin

Discuss general plugins and scripts

Moderator: fre_ber

Postby zaug » Thursday 25. May 2006, 11:17

Hello Stefan,
Thank you again. I hope it is handy for many others and other purposes as I tried to think of ways to make more versatile, rather than just a one click greebler.
I think the thing about the nurnie handles is likely possible. It has been a long time sine I have worked with that portion of the code, but will have a look.
I will consider your suggestions about the button positions, when I get around to changing to a frame based layout as mentioned in the docs. I think my reasoning for having them at the bottom was that the "GreebleiZe!" button performs all of the activated actions above it so it seemed that this would make the logic of the workflow more apparent.
I will also add these window controls you mention. This had not occurred to me as the window manager I use under Linux, Enlightenment, is able to add controls to all windows so I already had minimize, shade, etc. for my Real GreebleZ! window.

Thank you for your time testing and for your suggestions.

Cheers,
Zaug
zaug

Postby Beg-inner » Thursday 25. May 2006, 15:30

Hi Zaug.. =)

I keep it to your online nick from now on in most situations, since you seems to prefer that, which I respect !

well.. thanks again for your nice tool...
and yep its worth a lot that you have made this division of the tool, so we are able to use different parts of it almost as separate tools, but under a common interface and the possibility to still do a One click creation !
This is very well thought out..!

Its not absolutly needed, but indeed would be very useful for further editing of the Nurnies.. ! with the Handles in the correct place..

I understand your reason for the placements of the buttons, and yep that is good for many users to easier understand the tool, and surely is logical
Still, at least for me, many times its nice to have the important buttons and so on in an interface at the top, where the interface change the least...so it stays in the same place !
(An example, many that have a picture gallery, or similar, especially on the web, have there Next, Previous Image buttons at the bottom of the page, which make their position constanly changing with the interface, depending on the images... and so on, they also tend to have these buttons one on the Left side of screen and the other on the Right side, and faaaaaaaaar apart =).. which for me is not very good, a lot of space to move the mouse around, instead these should be on the top of the page and close together, for minimal need to move the mouse, if any movement at all..)
So maybe it would be a better idea, to just have a simple tutorial about how to edit the actual JScript ?, since its pretty easy to change this (I have already changed it for myself..)

I will use and test it out more..

I am always happy if I can be of any help..
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Postby fre_ber » Thursday 25. May 2006, 23:04

I have to start with admitting that I haven't tried the latest version yet, but I agree with Beg-inner, most often, I also want to see as much of the user interface stay in the same place as much as possible to reduce mouse movement distance. However, I too understand the benefits of a logical, flow-based window layout. I think that it will always come down to a battle between absolute logic and absolute efficiency. I won't be overly upset, whatever you chose to do about this, Zaug.

What I do want for the script, you already know, and I'm happy to see that it is still in the TODO-list... :)

And Beg-inner, I don't think that Zaug is that touchy about his name, he was just playing around, never mind that. ;)
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby zaug » Saturday 27. May 2006, 15:48

Update available.
Beg-inner's request concerning the nurnie handle placement has been fully implemented. The update, version 0.61 is available. There is also a new tutorial demonstrating how to create height mappings from greebled or any other simple geometry.
Both are available at:http://www.catmtn.com/realgreeblez.php

Zaug
zaug

Postby Frankolino » Thursday 8. June 2006, 12:28

Dear Zaug and all the others, but specially for "zaug", I will test in the next days your great new Greeble Plugin Tool, then you will get some good critics or constructive critics. Good to see you have developed the tool, go on please fore more good ideas. Best wishes, Frankolino :-)))
My little "colour xObjects" script plugin I will release a "lite version" the next days and weeks ...
Frankolino

Postby zaug » Wednesday 19. July 2006, 22:44

There is a new version of Real GreebleZ! available.
It adds support for instances of user nurnies and several other new features, fixes and improvements.
As always get it here: http://www.catmtn.com/realgreeblez.php
There are also a few new images in the gallery : http://www.catmtn.com/realgreeblez_gallery.php

Cheers,
Zaug
zaug

Postby zaug » Thursday 20. July 2006, 02:35

Sorry the was some debugging code left in the instance function, it is gone now.
zaug

Postby Beg-inner » Thursday 20. July 2006, 03:09

Hi Zaug m8..

First test..
RS directly crashes when hitting GreebliZe button..=(..
With this error message..
AppName: realsoft3d.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: r3oops.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0002b59d

I use RS V5.1 Beta .79 Win version..

I will look and see if its something wrong with my setup..
Just thought I would post this directly..

Cya later on..

Thx for keep on working on this cool script..!
Take Care
Best Regards
Beg-inner

error messages :-)

Postby Frankolino » Thursday 20. July 2006, 07:57

Dear Zaug, I have downloaded the last 0.62 greeble script and make the first exercise with this mistake / error message. Have done a simple sds cube, select two faces and greeble it :-) Perhaps it's only a little bug or I have done something wrong. The tool is really exciting, I can learn a lot:-)))
good luck! Bye, Frankolino, German
Attachments
Franko-Greeble-error1a.JPG
Franko-Greeble-error1a.JPG (64.5 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
Frankolino

Postby fre_ber » Thursday 20. July 2006, 08:11

I am sorry to have to say this, but please RTFM. This was, of course not aimed at you, Beg-inner, your problem looks real and fairly severe. I hope that Zaug can figure that one out.
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby zaug » Thursday 20. July 2006, 10:34

Beg-inner,
Could I trouble you to test the single operation buttons, subdivide, extrude and add nurnies, by themselves. This will help narrow down what is causing the issue.
Thankz for reporting the problem.
zaug

Postby Beg-inner » Thursday 20. July 2006, 22:10

Hi again..

Some real life issues have come up
but I will try to test things out more hopefully tomorrow..
Take Care
Best Regards
Beg-inner

Postby zaug » Saturday 22. July 2006, 11:17

I seem to have this issue remedied; thankz for your help
Boris. I also discovered the post op selection was not implemented for the GreebleiZe! button; this is also fixed.

The fixed version is available here:
http://www.catmtn.com/realgreeblez.php
zaug

Postby Beg-inner » Saturday 22. July 2006, 21:11

Hi Zaug..

I did fastly test the new version...
Crash was gone..

I will test more when I get time..

Thx for the fix..!
Take Care
Best Regards
Beg-inner

Postby Guest » Tuesday 25. July 2006, 08:09

dear zaug, hello and sorry again, I have downloaded the last greeble 0.625 you have linked above (two posted mail before me), but I have got a crash of realsoft last night during testing it with the "greeble" button. Do you have fixed the verstion or perhaps you have forgotten the updated version "0.625"? the download file has included the java script file 0.62, so I can imagine there must be a mistake! :-)))
best regards, Frankolino

PreviousNext

Return to General