Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - New Update of Nurbshelper Plugin 1.41 plus Bending

New Update of Nurbshelper Plugin 1.41 plus Bending

Discuss general plugins and scripts

Moderator: fre_ber

Nurbscurves Thickness problems? ;-)

Postby Frankolino » Thursday 2. March 2006, 10:17

Dear Boris, dear Garry ,hi to all Nurbshelper Pro User: dear friends of nurbshelper - very well ;-) haha... :-) Good advice and I will take it in mind ;-) I haven't such problems with the thickness, hmh, strange behaviour. - But we (michael himself!) have still found some bugs during the creating of the nurbshelper scripts, he have sent it to Juha ! :-) /
O.k.: I will try it again this week end, perhaps there might be a mistake, but I can't believe it! ;-) - Puh! Random and noise sliders it would be worth to integrate it, we have done a compromiss with the angle and benddeformer, I believe it's bring fast and serious solutions with handling of the nurbscurves ;-) /
First of all I think the tool comes to an end or it will be a big plugin and I have to get some donations ;-0) I have started with this small tool end of december, it becomes more and more, I love it, but it takes a lot of time for me and michael to insert new wishes while working in our own jobs during the whole week ;-)) I make up my mind to change it for new wishes and THANK YOU for helping, supporting. I need it!!! best wishes, Frankolino, see you here!

PS: I have sent a picture with three nurbscurves bundles, all with the same thickness, the rendered picture you can see one page before this site. I think it could be a rendering problem??? ;-) don't know... or dear garry, you can send me your zip.file with the realsoft scene, so I will check it! :-)
Attachments
Nurbscurves_Normal+Bending1a-kleiner.jpg
Nurbscurves_Normal+Bending1a-kleiner.jpg (54.2 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
Frankolino

RE: Nurbscurves Thickness problems? ;-)

Postby Guest » Thursday 2. March 2006, 11:54

Dummy myself :-) I have sent the same picture as one page before! Sorry... But the case it the same: I haven't found garrys problem vs thickness on my windows xp machine on realsoft 3d v 5.1 sp2 ;-) bye, Frankolino

Postby studio » Thursday 2. March 2006, 18:00

Hi Frank :

I would not blame you one bit for asking for some small funds to take this plugin any further . It is very hard work and it's uphill all the way too when working with RS3D and javascript . I hope Juha has time to share with you guys on this . I have been sending them bug reports but no mails back from them so I guess they must be very busy with business related stuff .

The bug is so easy to produce I am having a very hard time believing you cannot find it , or that nobody here cannot even find the time to confirm or deny it's existence . Where the hell is everyone when you need them ? Gone ...

No sense sending you a project , since your plugin settings are not saved with the project . All I can tell you is that "End Radius" is 10 times bigger than "Begin Radius" as the RS Properties Window confirms . Not sure what else I can say or do to provide more clues than that . If you duplicated everything setting I had in the last image I uploaded to this thread , and you are not getting the same bug , then I guess there is something different between your S/W and my S/W , somewhere , but where I cannot say . I am using version 1.42 of your Plugin and V5.1 (sp2) Xp-Pro . Here's another image to show the problem :

Every day I spend working in 3D is a little more bizarre than the day before :shock: :?

<b>Edit : </b> Sorry , should have said "nobody except Boris " . Thanks Boris ! :)

studio :)
Attachments
bug_again.jpg
bug_again.jpg (74.19 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
studio

New Helix function with a new Nurbshelper Release 1.51 ! :-)

Postby Frankolino » Friday 3. March 2006, 08:53

First: Dear and engaged Garry, yes I see it. I will ask somebody else about this truely problem! :-) Very good to see it here, hmh, I have checked it yesterday, but founded not such a problem. Might be it's really a nurbs bug...? ;-)
Second: My next update is ready, I will proof, it's possible to make a "random" order for the next update, but it will take some days.
To make a good helix try this please:
(Um eine gute Helix zu bekommen/ To get a good helix be careful about this one and make minimum entries and values like length, nurbspoints, benddeform as this example):

Example one:
Length = 30
Nurbs Points = 150
Benddeform set all = 0 .

Try this one to create a good helix structure:

Number of Nurbscurves = 66
Nurbslength = 12
Distance = 0.5
Nurbspoints = 155
Thickness begin = 0.002
Thickness end = 0.001
Helix Radius = 0.5
Helix Depth = 0.2
All Angles = 30 Degree
All Benddeform set = 0 !

A closer description of the Nurbshelper and Helix Tool will follow ;-) as soon as I can make a manual. Bye, best regards from snowing and freezing Germany ! :-0), Frankolino

A random function will be included after some wishes, I have tried it yesterday but still without success, it will take some days :-))
Attachments
Random-mistake-function_Nurbshelper-kleiner.jpg
Random-mistake-function_Nurbshelper-kleiner.jpg (60.97 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
frankolinos_nurbshelper_pro151.zip
(17.94 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Frankolino

RE: New Helix function with a new Nurbshelper Release 1.51 !

Postby Guest » Friday 3. March 2006, 10:01

Oh, dear frankolino and garry, oohps. Not so fast, I have installed two weeks ago the last pluginscript of the nurbshelper 141, you are really too fast!!! :-) very good!!! a helix tool will fit into the nurbsplugin. Great! :-0) I will install it still today, good luck. By the way: I haven't a problem with the nurbs thickness, I am working under WinXP SP 2 and RS Trialversion 5.1 SP 2. No problems! - Now only this special "randomness" function is missing! (boris, garry and myself) Can you do that for the next update release?- bye, see you again, sven

RE: New Helix function with a new Nurbshelper Release 1.51 !

Postby Frankolino » Friday 3. March 2006, 12:19

Hi Sven, sorry, but this release needed two weeks, I am not too fast! :-)) haha... The random function is still a problem, but I will close it for the next weeks. You can get more infos about Realsoft, nurbshelper plugin script here (by the way): www.realworld-3d.de, realsoft-news AND realsoft-plugins (a new column!!!), where you can see what becomes more for the development of some scripts and realsoft plugins, a competition will follow with realsoft and the nurbshelper pro plugin! - have a nice week-end, bye, Frankolino:-)

A "tipp" for you! If you will buy RS I believe you can make a contact to info@realsoft.com, if you are working with a demo or trial version! :-) There are some good update prices from the RS 4.2, 4.5 I have seen it, perhaps it's a good advice for you and all the others:-)) See you!

- Info: the picture I have made create an "arch" with slow entries and values for the nurbscurve length, distance, and have done only some angle changes. You can model in this way perhaps a sprinkle water bottom or hair bundle with a round bend looking? ;-)
Attachments
Nurbsdachbogen2a-kleiner.jpg
Nurbsdachbogen2a-kleiner.jpg (74.14 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
Frankolino

Postby studio » Friday 3. March 2006, 13:40

Hi Frankolino and Sven :

A new version ? Alright ! Looking forward to testing it . :) The bug I mentioned will only show up if you set the thickness's larger than .001 , otherwise the difference is too small to see .

Frankolino , I have a good program for you to use for your screen shots . XnView ! (xnview.com) . This is an awesome freeware program and I use it all the time for capturing Realsoft screens for tutorials and web posting to this forum etc . You just pick which window you want to capture from the list , and then crop that captured window to get nice details , then resize it and save it as .png or .gif or .jpeg .

In fact , if you look in the list of windows you will see "Frankolino's Nurbs Helper Pro" . See screen cap . Looking forward to trying out this latest version of your great plugin . Don't worry about random function and have a good weekend instead !

studio
Attachments
frankwindow.jpg
frankwindow.jpg (49.83 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
studio

Postby Beg-inner » Friday 3. March 2006, 20:46

Hi Frank, Garry...

Thx for sharing your cool Nurbs script..! Works very nicely ! (I havent had much time or energy though to test it out more in depth...as I dont hardly do any computer stuff lately... due to many reasons..=(

I found in the script what is happening as Garry pointed out...

in version 1.42 its on line 155

// Slider Handler for thickness and extrude
function Slide_extrude1( object, event, value )
{
slider_extrude1 = value/10; // Wert teilen durch 10 oder 100

Just set this to 1 instead of 10 ( or customize it to what you need..)
Or maybe just delete /10 and only keep it at
slider_extrude1 = value

And it will work as expected...

BTW..
Would it be much work to make the tool also to be able to save sets of Settings ?
I mean if a user finds a certain combination of values in all different parts of the tool, that makes a cool number of nurbs that are looking cool, it would be nice to be able to Save those, so such a saved Set, can be loaded into the Nurbs Tool later.. or be shared to other users..

thx again for your cool work with this Plugin and good luck on more..
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Postby studio » Friday 3. March 2006, 22:38

Hi Stef :

Man , where have you been !? I hope you're doing OK . First Frank Dodd shows up out of nowhere ... now you ! Too bad you're not around much these days . The list is just not the same without guys like you and Frank .

Cheers & I hope things improve for you soon .

studio
studio

Postby Beg-inner » Friday 3. March 2006, 23:07

Hi Garry..

Thx for caring...
well.. I have been around abit at times, but not much..
Hmm.. no I am not ok.. =(
Life has been abit rough for a long time, and especially the recent months.. nothing I can go into deeper.. than it is and has been very tough.. and I dont see a brighter future soon coming..=(
I hope it will ease up some day, So until then I just take a day at a time and hope for the best...

Did my suggested change in the script work for you? (or still being wrong?)
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Postby studio » Friday 3. March 2006, 23:44

Hi Stef :

Yes , worked perfect on ~ line 173 of the new V1.51 ! Thanks . Very sorry to hear life has been bad for you and still is , with no light showing soon . I hope you can find something in your days to take your mind off of your situation . I'll hope for better days ahead for you too .

Thanks for all your many tutorials and insights into Realsoft3D . Maybe things will improve a tiny bit at a time for you and you can find some energy to create again .

Cheers
Garry
studio

Description part one and new fixed Nurbshelper 1.51a :-)

Postby Frankolino » Monday 6. March 2006, 11:41

Good morning, dear all! :-) and the new one! - I have written a small "description" for the nurbshelper pro 1.51a script (part one), with the fixed sliders of thickness (I have forgotten to divide the end radius with 10, I have had two versions of nurbshelper 1.41 and so the mistake was on my site! ;-0), thank you garry and steefan! :-)
- A short HTML description with functions are implemented with the nurbshelper pro 1.51a zip file, I send it here and now! :-)
- Question about "randomness": there a implemented two, three randomness attributes into the scripts for the angles and benddeform to make random functions to the nurbscurves. I think a seperately slider function isn't useful :-). More inofs about the nurbshelper pro 1.51a script, the "whole description with all pictures" ( the file is too big for this forum), you will find the next day here: www.realworld-3d.de, "realsoft-plugins", and some more infos about the nurbshelper under the "realsoft-news" column! :-))
- Thank you all, and I hope I can adapt the nurbshelper plugin script with the next realsoft update :-)) Therefore I need some help (perhaps vesa or juha, doesn't know), I haven't the new beta version, best regards from a fullsnowing germany, Frank Brübach

PS: I have controlled the attributes of the nurbscurves for thickness, the problem should be fixed now ;-) / thank you garry and stefan has seen it also, good work! ;-0
Attachments
Thickness_Problem_fixed2a-kleiner.jpg
Thickness_Problem_fixed2a-kleiner.jpg (77.42 KiB) Viewed 2797 times
frankolinos_nurbshelper_pro151a.zip
(21.67 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Frankolino

RE: Description part one and new fixed Nurbshelper 1.51a :-)

Postby studio » Monday 6. March 2006, 17:39

Hi Frankolino :

OK , I'll D/L and install the new version . Looking forward to seeing your new web pages too . The last version with the Helix function seems to be a very nice addition . Thanks . Also , no big deal so don't worry about it now , you're way too busy anyway (do you have a good snow shovel ?) :) , but I already know you have randomness in your script and was wondering if you could allow a user to remove it ? This is why I was asking about a Randomness slider , but I think it would be too complicated anyway , and not worth it . What a user can do instead is just create one object and use the RS3D Macro option to distribute the nurbs curves in a precise manner .

Thanks again & very sorry to hear you have some illness in your family you must deal with these recent days .

studio
studio

Postby Guest » Tuesday 7. March 2006, 09:39

Dear Garry, dear all, doesnt matter at all, the illness becomes better (of my father after an accident by car thorugh this damned snow and ice weather! ) and I have to care for him these days! :-) Thank you! - I will ask another person if it's possible to save settings, perhaps I can handle this. - Thank you also for the xn-view tool, I work with another one, but I can try xn view, seems to be a useful tool ;-) / Changings in the scripts: If it works better, why not? I have find the problem friday, fixed it sunday and that's not a problem. Stefan has made an advice about that, it's o.k. - Have a snowly winter for you in "niagara" where is it??? (usa?) ;-)) see you and have a nice day, frank

Postby studio » Tuesday 7. March 2006, 16:42

Hi Frank :

OK , glad to hear your father is getting better . Snow and Ice can be very dangerous and people are quite often , seriously injured in this part of the world because of it (I'm 60 miles away from Toronto , Canada ) . Anyway , got a .zip file info and will look at it today . Good luck with your week & thanks again .

studio
studio

PreviousNext

Return to General