Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - New Update of Nurbshelper Plugin 1.41 plus Bending

New Update of Nurbshelper Plugin 1.41 plus Bending

Discuss general plugins and scripts

Moderator: fre_ber

RE: Re: RE: New fixed Version of Nurbshelper 1.42 ;-) Sorry

Postby Guest » Tuesday 21. February 2006, 12:14

Hi Frank and Studio, it's possible to get a manual for the nurbshelper tool? Perhaps I need it soon for my work with a wood meadow and animals and trees. It's perhaps the right tool for my ideas ;-) Kind regards and thank you too, Sven

Postby Frankolino » Tuesday 21. February 2006, 12:29

Copied... :-) Dear Studio, thank you a lot! Have a nice week. I will try to expand my nurbscurve helper tool this week, if I can manage it with more time. Yes, there is a problem with the rendering time, even with the nurbscurves hairs or grass meadows and so on... Realsoft have to change her mind to improve it / Best wishes, Frankolino and have a good time and efforts with your works !

New one: - Yesterday I have had difficulties to log in, don't know why... It's easy to handle with the nurbscurve tool. I think it's an easy tool, but you can change a lot of values and manipulate the nurbscurves. Perhaps I will do the little update for the next week, I have a lot of works with private things (family), it's more important :-) /
I have send a picture of the last week, I have started to make some experience with the nurbscurves. "Distance", "length", "angle" and "bend" the nurbscurves, that's really enough to make fantastic rendered pictures with Realsoft and the nurbshelper tool :-) - More infos, but all in german language you can find here: www.realworld-3d.de, "realsoft-news", there are more infos about RS and links and older news ;-)) See you in some days, good luck with your work with the nurbscurve helper! :-), best wishes and kind regards from germany, Frankolino
Attachments
Strauch_zweifach_Realsoft-kleiner.jpg
Strauch_zweifach_Realsoft-kleiner.jpg (83.76 KiB) Viewed 2945 times
Frankolino

Postby Frankolino » Tuesday 21. February 2006, 12:37

To Sven: Yes, a short manual will follow this month or to the begin of march :-) Hope I can help you with the forthcoming description. If not, ask me here :-) Bye, Frankolino
Frankolino

Postby Guest » Friday 24. February 2006, 11:04

Dear RS friends, dear Frankolino, many thanks for the great nurbscurve tool!!!, I am curious to see the new version! A very good idea to create in this way simple hairs or fur or animated nurbscurves. I work with LW and Realsoft (since 2002), but everybody can use a lot of free scripts and plugin for Realsoft, good support! Your nurbstool is free, very precious ! - As I have problems with my login, I write here as a guest. / - Do you know Xfrog? A plant and treegenerator, perhaps you may have a contact to the people there to adapt your script plugin. It would be worth to do that!! :-) Good luck for your next version, I will support your script, if I can help too, kind regard, Francois le Febre (FLF). I have downloaded the version 1.41 last week, it runs for Realsoft for Windows and Linux! ;-0 good work!!!

Postby Frankolino » Monday 27. February 2006, 11:24

Hi dear Francois, wait a short time and you will get the new update of the Nurbscurve Helper Tool, now with a new "Helix" function. To see how it usefull this can be, I send you a picture, I have built yesterday. I have started with modelling for an alien body and hairs on his head. It's a simple exercise to learn how to make such a body like the "Harry Tutorial" from the Realsoft 3D 5.1 CD. I like it very much. - Yes, Xfrog is a very good tool, but I will finish my new Update of the Nurbscurve Helper here with the next version, it's the final version, no more changes at all, it's enough for this tool! :-)) Thank you for you advices, see you and have a good time with Lightwave too! I am hearing that there will be a big update for the next weeks ;-), I love realsoft and wil spend a lot of more time with it, as I see myself as a bleeding "realsoft beginner" to see what is possible with this great 3d Software, Ciao und Servus, Frankolino, Germany
Attachments
Fronkos_First_Alien+Hairs1a.jpg
Fronkos_First_Alien+Hairs1a.jpg (25.77 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
Frankolino

Postby studio » Monday 27. February 2006, 12:32

Hi Frankolino :

Helix , Eh ? Sounds cool ! I did try your Plugin last week to make some hairs and it worked perfect . I am just experimenting some more with various RS stuff (and trying to finish this nightmare tutorial) before I post any results , however . I saw your post on the RS list . Very slow there lately . I hope someone will answer your question .

Thanks again
studio
studio

Postby studio » Monday 27. February 2006, 14:49

Hi Frankolino :

Bug . If you set Begin Thickness and End Thickness to the exact same amount , you get an object looking like a baseball bat .

Also , a small feature request : when you set Distance you do get curves spread out within a certain distance , but it would be nice to have a random slider there too . That way we could set nurbs at uniform diatances also

Thanks again .
studio.
studio

Postby Frankolino » Tuesday 28. February 2006, 11:25

Hi Garry, hi all RS friends here, good question about the thickness, I don't know that problem, but have a look at it ;-)) / Second: I have in mind to make a random function, but the randomness should become to different to use in that case so we have changed our mind (michael!) to bend the structures of the nurbs within the angle functions. I will think about it again, thank you! :-) / Yes, the "helix" tool is nearly ready. I will release it this week... :-) Have a nice day, Frankolino
PS: Two pictures with the new helix tool :-))
Attachments
Helix_Struktur1ab-kleiner.jpg
Helix_Struktur1ab-kleiner.jpg (58 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
Nurbshelper+Helix_Bogen1a.jpg
Nurbshelper+Helix_Bogen1a.jpg (62.47 KiB) Viewed 2797 times
Frankolino

Postby Guest » Tuesday 28. February 2006, 11:47

Hi Garry and Frankolino, hi all, great pictures, I see the nurbshelper tool become really exciting. Do you release it this week? I found no bug, but perhaps I haven't time enough to search for mistakes ;-0 - best regards to all realsoft users, Sven :-)

Postby studio » Tuesday 28. February 2006, 16:25

Hi Frank :

Nice renders ! Looking forward to trying the Helix function out . Mattias and Stef are the 2 most knowledgeable SDS guys , but they are not very active around the list and the Forum lately . Too bad , because I know they could help you with your Alien tail . Isn't that always the way though . When you really need help no one is around 8^( ! (except for Vesa ! )

studio
studio

Postby Frankolino » Wednesday 1. March 2006, 10:24

Hi Garry, that's it :-) Realsoft needs more than 1.000.000 People and active User here in the forum ! :-) haha... I see well the advantages here, more than in the realsoft-light forum, as there isn't enough place to send material as attachment, but you can get there more and very fast help, that's good! - Yesterday and today I have had a certain look for your question about the thickness...
a) thickness begin and end radius are equal: = 0.001 (for example),
b) number of nurbscurves = 20 or 30, better > 50
c) first of all: slow bending angle (30 Degree) or you can take even = 0;
d) nurbslength = 0.5
e) nurbsdistance = 0.05
now you can create nurbscurves with I am thinking nearly straight (horinzontal) nurbscurves

My second try: a) thickness begin = 0.002, thickness end = 0.004
b) number of nurbscurves = 50
c) bend angle (x-angle) = 65 Degree, so you can get the right bending nurbscurves in the picture above! :-)

I haven't found the bug, but I will try it again... ;-) best regards and take your head in directions of a blue cloud :-)), Frankolino
Attachments
Nurbscurves_Normal+Bending1a-kleiner.jpg
Nurbscurves_Normal+Bending1a-kleiner.jpg (54.2 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
Nurbscurves-dreifach-Thickness1b-kleiner.jpg
Nurbscurves-dreifach-Thickness1b-kleiner.jpg (57.32 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
Frankolino

Postby Boris » Wednesday 1. March 2006, 11:46

Sorry ... it took a while till I understood the problem.
The problem are Aliasing artifacts because the curve is too thin for the raytracer. Try those Nurbs Curves only scanline and not raytracing and they will render ok.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby studio » Wednesday 1. March 2006, 13:14

Hi Guys :

The bug is : if you set Begin Thickness and End Thickness to the exact same amount you get a "Baseball Bat" shaped object . Here's a .jpeg to explain exactly . I'd upload a project but I'm sure the plugin settings would not be saved . No matter , a picture tells the story . :lol:

studio
Attachments
bug.jpg
XnView Screen Cap of the Plugin Settings to use to duplicate the bug .
bug.jpg (40.47 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
studio

Postby Boris » Wednesday 1. March 2006, 13:59

right .... ic ... this seems to be a plugin related bug.

btw ... this should be also an option for the nurbshelper. To set the curves while creation to scanline, raytracing and/or postshading. It would be nice if you could define an area (like selected faces of a head) where the curves get spread in a defineable random order. Also it would be nice to define some noise for the curves.
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby studio » Wednesday 1. March 2006, 14:29

Well , it's definitely a small plugin related bug , so I thought I should bring it to Franks attention .
studio

PreviousNext

Return to General