Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - New Update of Nurbshelper Plugin 1.41 plus Bending

New Update of Nurbshelper Plugin 1.41 plus Bending

Discuss general plugins and scripts

Moderator: fre_ber

RE: Description part one and new fixed Nurbshelper 1.51a :-)

Postby Beg-inner » Tuesday 7. March 2006, 21:50

Hi Frank..n all..

Just a little thought...(not a thing that is needed.. but I just ask, since I love Realtime feedback...and enjoy to see my computer work in full..=)
Would it be possible for a script like yours to update in realtime..? or does such require more hardcoded stuff?
I mean that the curves would get produced in realtime as one edit the different Options/Values in the Nurbhelper Plugins interface.. and if so, would it be hard to do?
Maybe having the CreateCurve bit, to be execute directly when started the tool, and then it could after each changed/edit value, delete the Curves, and create new ones...or similar

Your tool works really nice as it is though and is a cool addition to RS !
Thx for all your work you put into your script..
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

Postby studio » Tuesday 7. March 2006, 22:06

Hi Stef :

I don't know if you caught my mail on the list , but you can do the same with RS now , but just manually have to delete the curves . Set your screen to "Continuous Raytrace" and when ever you hit the Create button RS3D will render your new nurbs curves . Realtime feedback would be nice too , but sounds like it's a very advanced bit of programing .
studio

Postby Beg-inner » Tuesday 7. March 2006, 22:38

Hi Garry..

Yep I saw that..I have used the 'Continous Render' alot before..with a smaller and optimized window... which is cool..
Wonder when it will be possible to use this in Fullscreen and all bells and Whistles and GI and such ON =) (just dreaming..) (But some of the recent Games, really shows some of the near by future... which for 3D seems very bright..)
RS has always been cool in some of these ways..for instance, having the View Window working as a Render window since early on, from Version 1.4 or so.. (which really made me happy) =)

Well will show if it can be done in Realtime (the nurb thingy..) (and maybe the Save settings..)
hehe shouldnt ask for too much though.. or Frank wont have a life.. out side Nurbhelper plugin scripting.. =).. ouch...

It is already a very useful and nice plugin...
Take Care
Best Regards
Beg-inner

Postby studio » Tuesday 7. March 2006, 23:40

Hi Stef :

How long have you been working with Realsoft/real3D ?
studio

Postby Beg-inner » Wednesday 8. March 2006, 01:13

Hi Garry...

A long time...
Tested it out some versions before 1.4 which I bought.. (so what Millennium was that in.. hmm hehe)
early in the 1990 ies .. cant remember exactly..or was it 1989..hmm my memory fails me...=)

I got a hold of a not so legal copy early dont know which version..think it was 1.1 or so =), fell directly in love with it and as I said bought the 1.4 Amiga version... and I dont regret it =)

I also were on some Amiga shows in Stockholm, in those glory Amiga days.. and Vesa was on there, at least once, I hardly think He remember me from that time =)
Those were great days..omg.. where did all those years go?=)...

I have not worked at fullspeed with Real3D/RS3D all of these years.. (if so I would have now been Super Duper at it..=)
But more worked with it in periods.. some more intense and some other periods I have almost not even worked on the computer at all...
But I have had alot of Great aha moments with RS... a 3D software that suits my workflow great.. (even if some areas havent yet come up to what I would like, like in Anim System, which lacks some very needed tools and workflows, especially in the Chor Window...,which need an serious update, to let us do Non linear Video Edition Software Style workflow, which hopefullly will come in V6...)
Take Care
Best Regards
Beg-inner

Postby Guest » Wednesday 8. March 2006, 11:06

Dear garry and stefan, hello all: short message because not time enough today:
In generell: The nurbshelper pro 1.51a tool is ready, finished ;-) - Perhaps one wish to "save settings" is still in my working progress mind, but that isn't so easy to do that, we don't know how to program that. - My aim was to create a "small" nurbscurve tool, as I wished to learn with the scripting language, but there are many questions and problems if you start with that strange behaviours with RS 5.1 and building blocks or try to make a new script plugin. Some script lines are not proofed by RS itself I am thinking or nobody has edited and checked it from the beginning of Realsoft 4.5 until the current 5.1 SP version... - All other wishes (hair curves on a head, realtime renderings, save settings, thousand more functions, could be realizew better with C++, not only with such a small java script plugin ;-) I have to learn this even the last four, five weeks :-) many thanks for supporting here! :-) all, I will care now about private things ;-)) bye, Frankolino, Germany

Postby Beg-inner » Wednesday 8. March 2006, 13:38

Hi Frankolino...

Yep I see your situation...
and yep, I also understand that many feature are better implemented using other than JS...

Also, a project like this, that starts out small, can really get running away.. I know the feeling..
So you are right, in make it final... since otherwise such a plugin can add features forever... a never ending story.. =)

Thanks for all your efforts, your "small" plugin project came out very nicely..!

Hope your private matters also gets a good ending..!
Take Care
Best Regards
Beg-inner

Re: RE: Description part one and new fixed Nurbshelper 1.51a

Postby fre_ber » Wednesday 8. March 2006, 19:33

Frankolino wrote:we don't know how to program that

Not that I have tried this other than in file format plugins, but I think that opening files and writing to them might not be as tricky as one could think. Check out oops/r3file.js (Or oops/r3file.h in the SDK)
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

RE: Re: RE: Description part one and new fixed Nurbshelper 1

Postby Guest » Thursday 9. March 2006, 10:56

Hi dear Fre_ber, thank you, I will check up this perhaps useful hint :-), but htis week I haven't enough time to change that, have a nice day, frankolino, germany (it's always raining and snowing), where is the lovley spring??? :-))

RE: What nurbscurves otherwise are good for :-))

Postby Frankolino » Friday 10. March 2006, 10:10

Dear friends of RS, I have found an old zip file from BT-Grafik (www.bt-grafik.de) with the "canvas.zip" example. Here you can see, what "nurbscurves" and correctly "UV" coordinates are good for :-) I like the tutorials of tim very much, very wonderful work, such things I am wishing more for realsoft 3d v 6 :-), shaders, tutorials and step-by-step examples how to build it :-), have all a good weekend, frankolino:-)
I am looking forward to build in some additions to my nurbshelper script;-) may be (*must laughing*), the save settings of the values are important, I see it myself :-), good rendering, good weekend and take care of more lifetime "without" the computer machines ;-0).
I prefer spending one day pro week with quite other things: breathing the real life with friends, family, animals, trees, calmness, walking into the woods or to a sea and make a "pause" it's is more worth to load your private vitality, bye, best regards, Frankolino, the sun is shining :-))
Attachments
Canvas+2Kugeln1a-kleiner2a.jpg
Canvas+2Kugeln1a-kleiner2a.jpg (81.78 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
Frankolino

Postby studio » Saturday 11. March 2006, 05:18

Awesome render :

Tim's stuff is leading-edge RS3D , for sure . Here's an interesting project render & text file :

Nice render considering it was done 7 1/2 years ago (1998) ! (had it on an old CD-R) The text file is below ... http://www.studiodynamics.net/list/metal.txt

**edit** This is not loading properly in Netscape (because it is a read-only file ?? [bug] ) Use MS x-plor'r or select 'view page source' in NS )

Hope you enjoyed your sunny day , Frank'o !

studio
studio

Postby Guest » Monday 13. March 2006, 11:26

Hi garry, hi all :-), hi stefan... a) Good pictures ! Tim have done some super works with realsoft and shaders, I am very impressed by his ideas ;-) /
b) By the way: NURBSHELPER PRO 1.51b is current under work, haha... :-) I will fit it into the next RS update ;-) and perhaps there will be a "SAVING THE SETTINGS" function more ! I will check it this week, if it's possible. But I am believing this missing functionw will add to the nurbshelper pro script plugin! :-) have a nice week, more of this good and rarely sunshine here, it's too cold for me here in Germany :-0. I have to go to the caribic or south america...

Postby Guest » Monday 13. March 2006, 11:29

O.K. I have a little cold, hatschiiie :-) and forgot my name and my head this blue monday, best regards, Frankolino

Postby Frankolino » Thursday 16. March 2006, 09:52

Hi all :-), here a Nurbspicture only with two Nurbsurve Balls, I have made it yesterday and the rendering time was nearly 3 hours !!! :-0) I would like to see that the rendering speed comes more quickly for the next realsoft update! :-) / Little scenes with a few objects the rendering times are very well, but big scenes with hairs, fluid or mapping objects, realsoft should increase the rendering power! :-), best regards from good old germany (we will get this year in summer the world soccer cup!), servus, Frankolino

Sorry, the picture was too big!!! I will send it tomorrow, haven't time enoug today! :-))
Frankolino

Postby Guest » Thursday 16. March 2006, 12:47

Hi frankolino, stefan, studio... and all realsoft users :-) Have a break, studying is to hard for a lazy boy like me! x-) and so I am writing you again. Good to hear you will build a new update, I am curious to see it! The rendering speed of the scenes are very different during the 3d work with realsoft last month I see, but I cannot compare it with lightwave or maya... ;-) The rendering speed of every 3d application isn't high enough, every 3d user wish a faster application, but I have learned to render only the things you need for a scene and not all meadow grass landscapes are true! :-0, see you soon, sven and good luck for the next release of the nurbshelper!!! (great!)

PreviousNext

Return to General